Wheels of Justice turned out to be a really cool contest, Avengers opens nation wide tomorrow, and the new superhero sets are already hitting shelves… so the timing just feels perfect for… drumroll please… Wings of Justice!
Your task: pick a superhero and build them an aircraft to fight crime in. See below for the specifics. First place is a brand new 6869 Quinjet set, but that’s not the only prize on the line. The contest will be open from midnight of May 3rd through 11:59pm June 2nd (PST) and is open to everyone in the world.
- Your Hero must be from Marvel or DC and you aren’t restricted to official minifigs.
- They must be recognizable. This not only means built well – but also mainstream enough that the staff won’t have to resort to Wikipedia to confirm their validity. If you are even remotely worried about your choice being too obscure: contact the staff before you start building. Odds are one of use will know them so don’t sweat this too much.
- Your fig must be made up of official LEGO elements. It may be difficult to come up with a particular minifig that looks like the super hero you are basing it on, but try your best and use your imagination.
- The minifigure has to fit the line. That means fleshy colored heads and hands (unless your character isn’t flesh colored of course).
- Your model must be appropriately themed to match your Hero. Keep in mind that this is the real challenge. The minifig is fluff. Don’t spend a month perfecting your Hero then throw together a model at the last minute.
- It must clearly be some sort of flying machine. No cars, boats, spaceships, or giant robots.
- Just like the Wheels of Justice contest: don’t copy any existing vehicles. This is supposed to be your own design, and it doesn’t have to make perfect sense. Who says Superman can’t fly a jet if he wants?
Standard Contest Restrictions:
- No more than one entry per person.
- No more than one person per entry.
- No modified parts or cut stickers.
- No unofficial elements.
- No pre-existing or virtual models.
- No changes allowed after the deadline.
How To Enter:
Submit two photos in a reply to this thread before the deadline:
- Â The first featuring your model in flight mode, which will be used as the polling image.
- Â The second a close up of the minifig in the cockpit or posed with the model.
You must have a forum account to enter. Entries by proxy will be not be allowed.
Optional: include a link to a gallery or MOC Showcase post with more images.
Do not post non-entry photos to the contest thread unless you want to be disqualified.
You must use Flickr to host your entry pictures because we rely on the built in image resizing feature. If you do not have an account, you can sign up for free, or ask someone to upload it for you. Once uploaded you will need to embed the photo in the forum. To do so:
- go to the flickr photo page for your image
- click the little down arrow above your photo to the right of the icons
- click “Grab the HTML/BBCode” from that drop down menu
- check the bubble next to “BBCode” (HTML will not work)
- copy the code from the box above and paste that into a reply here
- do not add any more code tags
- click Preview to verify that it worked, then Submit.
If it didn’t work, ask for help. Simply linking to your photo will not qualify.
Photography note: Your submission photos should be in landscape format (wider than it is tall). Be sure to submit the best picture possible. Color and contrast correction is recommended if necessary. The only image enhancement allowed is replacing the background with either a solid color or simple gradient. Your photo cannot be altered in any other way. For example; no composite views, additional special effects, text, graphics, or scenery will be permitted. Remember, the contest is about the models – not your image manipulation prowess.
Voting will occur in two phases. Round one will include all valid entries and determine the top five, and a final round will determine the winners.
This contest’s prize pool is sponsored by LEGO. Everyone say, “Thanks LEGO!”.
1st place: 6869 Quinjet
2nd place: 6863 Batwing Battle over Gotham City
3rd place: 6866 Wolverine’s Chopper Showdown