Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

SDCC Exclusive Shazam! Minifigure

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

SDCC Exclusive Shazam! Minifigure

Postby Staff » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:23 pm

Huw over on Brickset has shared a tip eagle eyed LEGO fan blueduck78 found on ksitetv.com:

"Join ever-informed, fancentric WAC Podcast hosts George Feltenstein, Matthew Patterson, and DW Ferranti as they give fans a look at the upcoming DVD release of the popular 1970s series Shazam! The series’ own Billy Batson, Michael Gray, will be on hand, and an exclusive, limited-edition Shazam! LEGO figure will be awarded to a lucky number of fans in attendance."

A LEGO employee even popped by to confirm there would in fact be a LEGO presence at both the San Diego and New York Comic Con this year. While this is no surprise after last years DC exclusive Batman, Superman and the coveted Green Lantern figures, I'm sure some may be surprised by the choice of the character. Rest assured, we are working hard to get more info about the available exclusives and stay tuned for more info as it comes in.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/06/30/sdcc-exclusive-shazam-minifigure/
Staff

Re: SDCC Exclusive Shazam! Minifigure

Postby Mofo Jones » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:49 pm

Oh how I wish I was going to Comic Con this year. This thing will be gone faster than you can say....well...Shazam!
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Robzula » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:48 pm

Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Mofo Jones » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:29 pm

I actually knew that - used to watch the live-action show way back in the 70s.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Andi » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:44 am

great, one reason less to spend too much time at the Lego panel.
I have no idea who Shazam is, so I don't need an exclusive minifig of it
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby Robzula » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:35 am

Oh... It seems he actually IS named Shazam in the New 52...
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Gandalf1 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:19 am

Where'd the image come from?
"I am to metaphor cheese as metaphor cheese is to transitive verb crackers."
Gandalf1

Postby Gooker1 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:45 am

the image is from the lego batman 2 game. he's an exclusive character.
Gooker1

Postby Gandalf1 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:24 am

Ah.
"I am to metaphor cheese as metaphor cheese is to transitive verb crackers."
Gandalf1

Postby Gooker1 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:54 pm

I was just thinking that since there will be a presence at nycc, I wouldnt be shocked if they did a black Adam for that and shazam for sdcc. :). Here is for hoping!
Gooker1

Postby mikado » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:36 pm

hope next years kits means more heroes like shazam and the hawks
mikado

Postby RogueBrick » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:57 am

do want!

are you sure he won't still be called Captain Marvel? I've been reading Justice League with the Shazam! backup, and Captain Marvel hasn't made an appearance yet. So I don't know, maybe they have changed his name to Shazam to avoid confusion, but if so, wouldn't he then have the problem of not being able to say his own name without reverting to Billy Batson, like Captain Marvel Jr. used to do?
RogueBrick

Postby SonOfSolo » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:25 pm

I'm finally going to SDCC this year. Cant wait. I'll be trying to get my hands on one of these for sure.
SonOfSolo

Postby gomek » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:44 am

Great, another way Lego has invented to let comic fans fleece the Lego community by sell exclusive figures on ebay for hundreds of dollars. I really wish they'd have some empathy for their own customers.

Going to Comic Con with no interest in Shazam? Great, pick up a figure and you're one ebay posting away from having someone on this board pay for your ticket, lunch and then some. Thanks Lego!
gomek

Postby Solo » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:20 pm

The same argument could be made for every exclusive item ever. Lego didn't invent anything here. I guarantee if they didn't have any promo like this just as many people would be upset.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby crazybirdman » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:03 pm

indeed, it's not like people selling exclusives is a new thing, or limited to LEGO. You can blame 'scalpers', you can blame the toy companies, you can blame the convention, you can blame the people that pay the high prices, but it's just a waste of time.
crazybirdman

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:58 pm

I've never been quite sure what benefit these convention exclusives provide for the companies that offer them.

Surely they could make more MONEY by selling them to the general public? And from what I understand, they don't really serve to increase traffic at the booth proper, but merely pump up a huge line of people that are just waiting to get the exclusive and don't have any opportunity (or in many cases interest) to see much else at the booth (and in fact, from what I've heard, sometimes interferes with the ability of non-linestanders to access/enjoy the booth).
Mister Ed

Postby banthafodder » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:34 pm

I think it has to do with just keeping traffic at the booth. I do agree that it interferes with others ability to enjoy the booth. The one year I went I had to spend several hours in the line to get the promo item. When I finally did get the item and wanted to enjoy the booth the line wrapped all the way around so access was difficult. I agree also that they would do better by selling the figure to the public such as a shop at home exclusive or a VIP exclusive.
banthafodder

Postby LegoLawyer » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:05 pm

I think he looks pretty cool. I just hope that Lego puts out Green Lantern and Shazam/Marvel at retail somewhere some regular shmoes like me can buy them. I can't get to Comic Con - I've been in years past and it's awesome, though. I'm fine with exclusives...but after a brief waiting period I'll give some money for those too!

James
LegoLawyer

Postby sstoroe » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:35 pm

Check this out on google. Earlier today, the dc site had this on it. It has been removed now.

8 hours ago - Mattel SDCC Exclusive: Tiny Titans. Bruce Wayne to Batman™ The Dark Knight Rises™ Movie Masters® Figure. LEGO: Shazam and Bizarro Mini Figs ...

I think that we will be getting Bizarro also?

You can find it if you search "lego sdcc bizarro" and limit your search to the last 24 hours
sstoroe

Next

Return to Licensed Themes