Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Star Wars Summer Wave Now at Amazon

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Star Wars Summer Wave Now at Amazon

Postby Staff » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:24 pm

Amazon.com now has the latest wave of LEGO Star Wars sets in stock! Finally, right? No deals yet, but you can grab them at MSRP and with free shipping when you spend $25 (which won't be hard with this wave):

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/07/06/star-wars-summer-wave-now-at-amazon/
Staff

Re: Star Wars Summer Wave Now at Amazon

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:40 pm

Ugh. Another wave ignored. Everything is either of no interest to me, or WAAAY too expensive. I'd really like the Jabba's Palace set, and the new Gungan Sub is starting to grow on me, but not for THOSE prices. :roll:

Maybe I'll get the planet sets, but those are a bit underwhelming.
Mister Ed

Postby starfire2 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:48 pm

Also available on TRU.com and Walmart.com.
starfire2

Postby GIR3691 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:22 pm

Dat pricing structure...

*twitch*
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby dWhisper » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:17 pm

There is no way these prices can be right. I mean, we've seen inflation on prices as of late, but these are basically doubled. Especially stuff like Skiff, which would be absurd.

Looking closely, only a few are marked as coming from Amazon.com, with pricing a bit closer to what I'd expect.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby cas » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:24 pm

I used to be a completist up until a a few years ago. As these prices keep going up and up and the product does less to justify the cost, that "dream" concluded. I've ignored a good chunk of the last few waves and this one looks continue the trend. I'll probably get about half of the wave, but it's going to be awhile. I ain't touching that Jabba's Palace for more than a single bill.

dWhisper wrote:Looking closely, only a few are marked as coming from Amazon.com, with pricing a bit closer to what I'd expect.

It seems the skiff and the jedi starfighter have already sold out, but the rest are still being sold by Amazon.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Trooper10 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:25 pm

Once again take care with the prices* - if they are not direct from Amazon they can be rip off pricing where a smaller seller 'sells' the product now at an inflated price and ships it later after they get it in stock...Amazon can be good for free shipping and no tax, but just double check the prices vs lego.com for the real MSRP. Toys R Us seems to always be above the regular price, sometimes by $20 or more.

*Unless of course you are fabulously wealthy and care not a jot about something so Bourgeois as money... :roll:
Trooper10

Postby SWfanforever » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:57 am

These prices are absolutely ridiculous. $120 for Jabbas Palace? It is just over 700 pieces. They all seem extremely inflated and I don't think that is from a third party reseller I think that is the msrp. I understand things go up in price from time to time but this is insane. I wanted to get the entire collection but now I may only get 1 or 2 sets unless lego does something to adjust the pricing.
SWfanforever

Postby Trooper10 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:18 am

SWfanforever wrote:These prices are absolutely ridiculous. $120 for Jabbas Palace? It is just over 700 pieces.

Agreed - the value is dropping away from a lot of the SW sets with very low parts counts. To me it is rubbing salt into the wound for retailers to then charge above the Lego base price (I'm looking at you TRU) - I'd rather hold out for some sort of discounting myself.
Trooper10

Postby MitchMitchem » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:01 am

Wow...TRU inflating both Malevolence and Jabba's Palace to 149.99. How is there not an internet wide boycott on them?
MitchMitchem

Postby lostone » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:04 pm

Ouch, would love to get the jabbas palace and the sith fury.

But at those prices and for all they contain i reckon this is the year me and the SW line part ways, :'( just cannot jusify spending those kinds of money on kids toys anymore (plus getting married this year lol).

Ill still keep an eye open for sales and deals, but the days of being a completist are well and truely over, which is a shame as ultimatly it means lego are driving away their customer base (dont they know theres a world wide recession on?)

So, any tips on how to wean urself of the collecters bug, maybe ill splurge once a year on a UCS set, or maybe i can go cold turkey :shock:
Hell, ill maybe come to love legos ugly sister mega blocks (althought secretly when i buid stuff ill close my eyes and picture legos stamp on the brick :x )
lostone

Postby bigospedros » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:50 pm

lostone wrote:Ouch, would love to get the jabbas palace and the sith fury.

But at those prices and for all they contain i reckon this is the year me and the SW line part ways, :'( just cannot jusify spending those kinds of money on kids toys anymore (plus getting married this year lol).

Ill still keep an eye open for sales and deals, but the days of being a completist are well and truely over, which is a shame as ultimatly it means lego are driving away their customer base (dont they know theres a world wide recession on?)

So, any tips on how to wean urself of the collecters bug, maybe ill splurge once a year on a UCS set, or maybe i can go cold turkey :shock:
Hell, ill maybe come to love legos ugly sister mega blocks (althought secretly when i buid stuff ill close my eyes and picture legos stamp on the brick :x )

Since you are not planning to be a completist any more, why do what I did last year when I had the same epiphany? That being, go through all the sets you own and make a list of the ones you really like and the rest. Sell the rest and use the money to either buy new sets you want or other stuff, perhaps even put it towards the wedding?

When I did this. It allowed me to get virtually every modular building set, apart for Cafe Corner (too expensive) and Market Street (too expensive and too ugly!) plus a new watch, new golf clubs and trolley, iPad 3 and various other hits and bobs!

I now ony buy the sets I want but even then, I always wait for a sale. I'll be holding out for at least 25% off the sets from the latest wave that I desire! I put some money aside each knt to fund this and also do a bit of buying and selling via BRICKLINK to top that up a it more.

Works for me ...
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby anakinisvader » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:53 pm

Before I start a political discussion THIS IS JUST A JOKE: We should all write to Congress and get them to pass LEGObama care. Americans have the right to free legos.......... :facepalm: Then we could all be competeists on whatever theme we like. :lol:
anakinisvader

Postby WillyWampa » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:59 am

I'm surprised to hear all this griping about the prices! It looks to me like the pricing of LEGO in the US has finally caught up to the rest of the world. I live in Canada and these prices are in line with what we normally pay at reatail up here despite the Canadian dollar being almost on par with the US dollar. I'm just hoping that when the Canadian MSRP's show up, the usual 25%-35% north of the border markup won't apply.
WillyWampa

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:03 am

WillyWampa wrote:I'm surprised to hear all this griping about the prices! It looks to me like the pricing of LEGO in the US has finally caught up to the rest of the world.

Why would that surprise you? Has the rest of the world NOT been griping about LEGO prices? I thought it had. So why would it surprise you at all if people in the US complained about the same prices people around the world have already been complaining about? ;)

(And I would BET that non-US prices will likely go up accordingly, so we can all gripe together. :D )
Mister Ed

Postby Shadowhawk232 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:00 pm

So i can confirm the desert skiff price from Amazon is $24.99 and we have loads in stock
Also the planets are $9.99 i mention this because i happen to work for them and just sent those two out last night from one of our buildings. I do not know what of the other sets we have
Shadowhawk232

Return to Finds/Deals