Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Japanese Ninjago mini sets

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Japanese Ninjago mini sets

Postby bigkid24 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:22 am

Sorry if this is old news, but I saw a preorder for these little impulse type sets from Japan for Ninjago. Was thinking about ordering some but it seems like Japan doesn't get too many things that the US doesn't. So I figured I'd ask you experts whether or not you've seen similar sets here in the US?

I like the Jumping Snake and Hidden Sword sets.

bigkid24

Re: Japanese Ninjago mini sets

Postby cvc1968 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:22 pm

I have seen some of these for sale on Bricklink, and I have been told they have shown up in some TRU's in the US
cvc1968

Postby mooslug » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:15 pm

I picked up the first one, Ninja Training, last fall/winter at a Wal-Mart. It was a poly-bag. I expect the other 3 will make their way to the US at Wal-mart/Target/TRU eventually.
mooslug

Postby alorian » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:30 am

I got the Jumping Snakes one at Wal-Mart in Maryland right before Easter, and the Ninja Training one I think around late fall like mooslug did.

Really want that Hidden Sword one.

(also my Jumping Snakes set came with two snakes, not one like in the pic. It's a big piece for a bonus, so I don't know if that's standard.)
alorian

Postby mooslug » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:47 pm

Found the go-kart set in a Wal-mart today. They were in the bin with the new Star Wars poly-bags.

Hopefully the other two will show up before too long!
mooslug

Postby MrCRskater » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:41 pm

Saw these floating around Walmart in the weeks leading up to Easter, along with 3 different Friends polybags and the Star Wars polybags. I haven't seen the hidden sword set, but would love to nab one of those!
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby cvc1968 » Wed May 02, 2012 8:05 pm

Has anyone seen any of the need 2012 sets that are set to be released in June?
I see several listings on eBay for them, but wonder if they can be found in the stores?
cvc1968

Return to Original Themes