Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Lego Minifigures for VIP Members??

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Lego Minifigures for VIP Members??

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:03 am

I just saw this little post on the Rebelscum forums about how there will be 5 re-released minifigures from previous series with minor tweaks that will be available for Lego VIP members. Has anyone else heard this? More details perhaps such as date?

Scroll to the bottom of the link: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1073340/
Gooker1

Re: Lego Minifigures for VIP Members??

Postby cas » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:22 am

There's a fairly detailed thread on Eurobricks on the matter. There doesn't seem to be a release date yet. The re-released figs that people apparently voted on some time ago are the elf, fisherman, gorilla-suit guy, mummy, and space cyborg villain.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby dWhisper » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:35 pm

Who would have possibly voted on the mummy, gorilla-suit guy, or the fisherman? That alone tells me the results were rigged.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby MrCRskater » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:30 pm

dWhisper wrote:Who would have possibly voted on the mummy, gorilla-suit guy, or the fisherman? That alone tells me the results were rigged.

QFT. The mummy is undoubtedly one of the weakest figs from all 6 series thus far, and the fisherman isn't exactly a highlight, either.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Igginz » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:30 pm

hey now... the mummy is total crap, fer sure, and the fisherman is dull, but the Gorilla suit guy is so awesome. So. Awesome.
Igginz

Postby StoutFiles » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:20 am

They likely picked the top two requests and then picked the others themselves because they were cheaper to make and/or they had extra stock of.
StoutFiles

Postby bobalego » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:59 am

Is this an early April fools joke?!? I have to agree the gorilla is cool, and the Elf was a personal favorite until they announced LOTR LEGO line, but the rest?!? The mummy? Why not remake series one skate boarder? It is about as useless and lame. Who voted? Seriously, I do not believe the results even in the slightest? I have 4 of each of the Gnome, Leprechan, (Frankenstein) Monster, and fisherman. Do they need to be remade?
bobalego

Postby SevFalcon » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:37 pm

I'd love to get a few more S3 elves. Now to find some suckers to buy the leftover fishermen, apes, mummies and cyborgs....
SevFalcon

Postby zwolya » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:52 pm

bobalego wrote:Why not remake series one skate boarder? It is about as useless and lame.

Now hold on there...The S1 skateboarder hairpiece just happens to be one of the most sought-after of all (from what I hear), and definitely most valuable of the CMFs. Beyond that, the head and torso print are pretty nice, and to top it all off, I'm pretty sure the entire S1 was never even commercially available in the US, and definitely never were through S@H or retailers. I certainly wouldn't mind having a couple skaters.

Point being, we all have different opinions. Sure, some minifigs are certainly more appealing than others, and the fact that the Spartan isn't one of them speaks volumes. Plus, no one here seems to have been involved in (or indeed, known anything about) the voting, and that seems a little fishy too.
zwolya

Postby BrickSavage » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:29 pm

I got an email to vote on this last year (it went out to VIP members), you were able to vote for 3 figures and I voted for all series 1 figs I can't imagine how only series 3 figures were chosen.
BrickSavage

Return to Original Themes