Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[PoTC] Tia Dalma's Shack

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[PoTC] Tia Dalma's Shack

Postby Walter Boy » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:36 am

Tia Dalma's Shack by Walter Boy, on Flickr

"No worries! Tia Dalma and I go way back... thick as thieves, nigh inseparable we are... were... have been... before..."
"I'll watch yer back."
"It's me front I'm worried about." -Jack and Gibbs

I've always loved Tia Dalma's shack from Pirates of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. It was no doubt inspired by the shacks seen on the classic Disneyland attraction in California. I always found wooden shacks interesting, so it was no suprise to me that I'd make this scene sooner or later.

I was also greatly inspired by _Matn's version of this scene. When I saw his depiction I knew this would be a fun scene to build. It was one of the many cool things from the film.

I will (hopefully) be adding one or two new photos of this creation soon too. There's some interesting angles I haven't covered yet.
Walter Boy

Re: [PoTC] Tia Dalma's Shack

Postby buriedbybricks » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:02 pm

Great build WB! You've got quite a knack for the pirate scenes.
buriedbybricks

Postby Walter Boy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:55 am

Thank you! I enjoyed making it. I really appreciate the front page coverage too.
Walter Boy

Postby BrickBits » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:30 pm

Very nice! I've seen the wooden slat LEGO pieces you use on the roof here in the Pirate's Mill set -- have they been included in any other sets? And the color on the baseboard works quite well. Thanks for sharing.

//edited for spelling, that would be "roof" not "rook".
Last edited by BrickBits on Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrickBits

Postby barnacleprime » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:44 pm

Awesome. Those palm trees are killer.
barnacleprime

Postby Walter Boy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:24 pm

BrickBits wrote:Very nice! I've seen the wooden slat LEGO pieces you use on the roof here in the Pirate's Mill set -- have they been included in any other sets? And the color on the baseboard works quite well. Thanks for sharing.

The only wooden slate pieces I used were dark brown and reddish brown tiles ranging from 1x2-4-6s. If you're talking about the stickered/printed tiles, I didn't use any... Unless I have some and I'm unaware. :shock:
Walter Boy

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase