Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Marvel Super Heroes final set pics + preorder

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Marvel Super Heroes final set pics + preorder

Postby Pro_Ice » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:40 am

ToysRUs now has all the Marvel lineup up for preorder on their site.

Even better, they got final set pictures, including box art. All of the new pictures and info is bellow.

IF YOU AVOID AVENGERS SPOILERS, BEWARE. SET PICTURES MAY CONTAIN STORYLINE SPOILERS AND SHOW THE LOOK OF MOVIE'S ENEMIES.

6885 Captain America's Avenging Cycle
Price: $14.99
Description:
Win the battle against the general and the foot soldier with LEGO Super Heroes Captain America's Avenging Cycle! Speed into battle with Captain America's Avenging Cycle to defeat the general and the foot soldier in the craft with folding wings and a flick missile!

While riding his Avenging Cycle, Captain America spots the general on his craft. Help Captain America use his indestructible shield to defeat the general and his foot soldier! Win the battle and send them back to where they came from. The fate of the world lies in your hands.

The LEGO Super Heroes Captain America's Avenging Cycle features:
  • 3 MiniFigures: Captain America, general and foot soldier
  • Vehicles include Captain America's Avenging Cycle and general's craft
  • Avenging Cycle features shield holder
  • General's craft has folding wings and flick missile
  • Fire the flick missile!
  • Throw the shield at the general and the foot soldier!
  • Foot soldier's gun stand has a missile
  • Speed into battle on the Avenging Cycle!
  • Measures over 2" (6cm) high and 3" (7cm) long
  • General's craft measures over 2" (6cm) high and 4" (10cm) long

6866 Wolverine's Chopper Showdown
Price: $21.99
Description:
Help Wolverine to escape Magneto and Deadpool in their missile-loaded helicopter in this LEGO Super Heroes Wolverine's Chopper Showdown buildable playset! It's a chopper versus helicopter showdown as Magneto and Deadpool attack Wolverine in their flying fortress with adjustable flick missiles!

Oh no, Magneto and Deadpool are attacking Wolverine with their helicopter. Help him to escape! Dodge the missiles and make a quick getaway on Wolverine's Chopper before Magneto traps Wolverine with his magnetic powers.

The LEGO Super Heroes Wolverine's Chopper Showdown features:
  • 3 MiniFigures: Wolverine, Magneto and Deadpool
  • Vehicles include Deadpool's helicopter and Wolverine's Chopper
  • Deadpool's helicopter features 4 adjustable flick missiles, rotating main rotor and twin rear rotors, removable cockpit canopy and holders for Deadpool's swords
  • Accessories include 2 swords
  • Fire the missiles!
  • Escape on the chopper!
  • Adjust the missiles to aim at your target!
  • Deadpool's helicopter measures over 4" (11cm) high and 9" (23cm) long
  • Wolverine's Chopper measures over 1" (4cm) high and 2" (6cm) long

6867 Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape
Price: $21.99
Description:
Seize the stolen cosmic cube from Loki in this LEGO Super Heroes Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape buildable playset! Fly after Loki with Iron Man before he can escape on the function-packed off-roader with the cosmic cube he stole!

Loki is escaping from S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters with the powerful cosmic cube. If he succeeds, he could use it to wreak havoc on the world! Can Iron Man take to the skies in his amazing armored suit and chase down the speeding off-roader or will Loki escape with the cosmic cube? You decide!

The LEGO Super Heroes Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape features:
  • 3 MiniFigures: Iron Man, Loki and Hawkeye
  • Off-roader with 2 flick missiles and tipping function
  • Accessories include cosmic cube and Loki's staff
  • Iron Man features opening mask and thruster flame elements
  • Fly after Loki with Iron Man!
  • Fire the missiles!
  • Use tipping function to blast Loki off the off-roader when Iron Man attacks!
  • Off-roader measures over 3" (8cm) high and 5" (15cm) long

6868 Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout
Price: $59.99
Description:
Help the heroes stop Loki from breaking out of the Helicarrier in this LEGO Super Heroes Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout buildable playset!

The Hulk and Thor have Loki captured on board the Avengers' awesome Helicarrier. Use the exploding containment cell function to bust Loki out and then use the function-packed jet fighter to get away! Can the Avengers keep Loki locked up and out of trouble?

The LEGO Super Heroes Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout features:
  • 4 MiniFigures: Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye and Loki
  • Helicarrier and jet fighter
  • Containment cell with exploding function and fuel canister holder with firing function
  • Jet fighter features 4 flick missiles and opening cockpit with cockpit blast function
  • Accessories include 2 canisters, Loki's staff, Hawkeye's bow and arrow, Thor's hammer
  • Launch the fuel canisters!
  • Fire the missiles!
  • Blast the jet fighter's cockpit!
  • Helicarrier measures over 5" (13cm) high and 14" (35cm) wide
  • Jet fighter measures over 2" (6cm) high, 7" (18cm) long and 5" (14cm) wide

6869 Quinjet Aerial Battle
Price: $79.99
Description:
Defeat Loki and his forces with the super fast Quinjet in this LEGO Super Heroes Quinjet Aerial Battle (6869) buildable playset! Stop Loki as you go after his chariot with the function-packed Quinjet in an awesome 5-MiniFigure finale!

Loki is up to no good and is planning to destroy the earth! As he flies into battle on board his chariot, help the Avenger's defeat their nemesis using the supersonic Quinjet! Fire the missiles, release the mini-jet and imprison Loki in the prison pod! With the high-tech Quinjet, the Avengers can't fail!

The LEGO Super Heroes Quinjet Aerial Battle (6869) features:
  • 5 MiniFigures: Thor, Iron Man, Black Widow, Loki and foot soldier
  • Vehicles include Quinjet and Loki's chariot
  • Quinjet features adjustable wing tips, 2 opening cockpits with space for 2 MiniFigures, detachable mini-jet, 4 missiles, prison pod and rear door
  • Chariot features dual flick missiles and control platform that raises or lowers
  • Weapons include Loki's staff, Thor's hammer and Iron Man's thruster flame
  • Launch the mini-jet!
  • Fire the missiles!
  • Rotate the Quinjet wingtips 360 degrees!
  • Open the cockpits!
  • Load the captured bad guys into the Quinjet's prison pod!
  • Quinjet measures over 5" (15cm) high, 15" (39cm) long
  • Chariot measures over 2" (6cm) high and 5"(13cm) long

So, what do you think?
Pro_Ice

Re: Marvel Super Heroes final set pics + preorder

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:18 pm

Can't wait til April!! :) Thanks for posting the pics. I was tired of clicking all the links. :)

That Iron Man head is miles better than the photos seen at Toy Fair...i hope that's the final product!

Oh, of course the prices are the TRU markup, so don't expect to pay that everywhere. ;)
Gooker1

Postby cas » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:07 pm

Where is Nick Fury? Lame.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:50 pm

It's funny, but all this time I thought the "Chopper" in "Wolverine's Chopper Showdown" referred to the helicopter.
Mister Ed

Postby Brainslugged » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:54 pm

Gooker1 wrote:Can't wait til April!! :) Thanks for posting the pics. I was tired of clicking all the links. :)

That Iron Man head is miles better than the photos seen at Toy Fair...i hope that's the final product!

Oh, of course the prices are the TRU markup, so don't expect to pay that everywhere. ;)

I was thinking that. Is it just a complete paint job that makes it look better or have they changed the size? I thought maybe I'd got used to it over time as the original pics were horrifying.
Brainslugged

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:08 pm

Brainslugged wrote:
Gooker1 wrote:Can't wait til April!! :) Thanks for posting the pics. I was tired of clicking all the links. :)

I was thinking that. Is it just a complete paint job that makes it look better or have they changed the size? I thought maybe I'd got used to it over time as the original pics were horrifying.

I think it looks as bad as ever. Like a bobble-head Iron Man.
Mister Ed

Postby emmtwosix » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:10 pm

Gooker1 wrote:That Iron Man head is miles better than the photos seen at Toy Fair...i hope that's the final product!

I never liked the way it looked in the prelims. Without a direct comparison I can't pinpoint what they did, or if they've done anything, but it doesn't look as bad now for some reason. Maybe it has gotten smaller? or you're right Brainslugged, maybe we're just getting used to it!

Mister Ed wrote:It's funny, but all this time I thought the "Chopper" in "Wolverine's Chopper Showdown" referred to the helicopter.

Me too!
Last edited by emmtwosix on Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emmtwosix

Postby Pro_Ice » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:17 pm

For me it definitely got way better. I guess that's because original pics were not that good and now they've painted it differently. And, of course, the plastic obviously would look better than their usual preliminary molds.

P.S. Looks like they actually shrunk it down a bit. Original mold was terrible in terms of size.
Pro_Ice

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:01 pm

Pro_Ice wrote:P.S. Looks like they actually shrunk it down a bit. Original mold was terrible in terms of size.

People keep saying that, but when I have these pictures open next to the Toy Fair pictures, I'm not seeing a size difference. Painting looks better, obviously, and the plastic looks more metallic (though that COULD just be played up for the set photos), but the size looks exactly the same to me.
Mister Ed

Postby cas » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:22 pm

Mister Ed wrote:the size looks exactly the same to me.

Ditto. It just looks cleaner (obvi) since everyone's used to seeing the rough prelims.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:14 pm

The paint scheme makes a massive difference towards the better.
Gooker1

Postby Sharpie Clone » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:36 pm

I definitely think the packaging and the products look more appealing here than at the Toy Fair and the other photos I've seen. Still not sure I would get them, but...
Also, I really like the 4x4 truck with Loki. I know it's probably not that great, but I like the colors and the shaping.
Sharpie Clone

Postby metalface13 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:57 pm

I know I should have realized this sooner, but it's kind of lame loki's cosmic cube escape doesn't have any exclusive minifigs
metalface13

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:11 am

Mister Ed wrote:It's funny, but all this time I thought the "Chopper" in "Wolverine's Chopper Showdown" referred to the helicopter.

It does. It's a "Chopper Showdown", so it's chopper vs. chopper, except it's two different kinds of choppers. ;)

metalface13 wrote:I know I should have realized this sooner, but it's kind of lame loki's cosmic cube escape doesn't have any exclusive minifigs

Iron Man's torso (and possibly legs) are exclusive.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby sparkart » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:32 am

It looks like Iron Man's chin is painted red, which is different than the preliminary versions. The yellow faceplate doesn't appear as large with the chin painted red. Still, it's a big helmet.
sparkart

Postby Brickmythic » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:39 am

The new Iron Man isn't that bad at all. I have a Toy Fair Iron Man on display with all of my other super heroes. I also have the Captain America Promo and Green lantern promo. Im only missing the marvel heroes.

There is something missing to the Toy Fair Iron Man when you have it displayed with your other super heroes. (especially other heroes with plastic helm pieces). Toy Fair Iron Man does not look as good when its in your minifig display case with Batman, Catwoman, Mr. Freeze, Harley Quinn, Riddler (new),Penguin and Green Goblin... etc.

I am a big comic book fan, at the Heroclix tourney scene everyone is most excited about the Deadpool set. They dont care whether Iron man helm is printed or plastic. Think I'll be picking up just the 2 $20 sets and the Cap Battlepack. Bricklink the rest. save my Lego money for Vampire castle and the Epic Dragon Battle... and the house kurita mech...i meant Ninjago. Ninjago dragons and mechs have the most awesome brick elements for MOC's. the Kurita Mech is brilliant.

If it wasnt for the Deadpool,Wolverine, Magneto set. I'd be nerd raging hardcore.

As always, Thanks FBTB and crew for awesome pics!
Brickmythic

Postby Brickmythic » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:51 am

Sharpie Clone wrote:Also, I really like the 4x4 truck with Loki. I know it's probably not that great, but I like the colors and the shaping.

Its not just you, The bricks for that shield truck are brilliant for city vehicles, Star Wars CW Seperatists, and MOC's.. absolutely stunning set there! Great bricks for FBTB Alphabet fighter contest!

So many good bricks for MOC's with the release of Samurai X mech ( I call it house Kurita mech because its literally a carbon copy of Mechwarrior mech) and this 4x4 Loki truck.
Brickmythic

Postby Mister Ed » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:07 am

Oky Wan Kenobi wrote:

It does. It's a "Chopper Showdown", so it's chopper vs. chopper, except it's two different kinds of choppers. ;)

I'd say so, too. I'm just going by LEGO's description of the set, where the term "chopper" is ONLY used to refer to Wolverine's bike. ;)
Mister Ed

Postby Walter Boy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:30 am

Why do I find these sets so underwhelming? I thought I'd be so hyped for these sets, but somehow I'm just not.

I really want to like the Iron Man minifigure, but I just can't... Sorry Lego :(
Walter Boy

Postby Igginz » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:28 pm

I'm a lot more excited about the Captain America set now that I've seen those bad guys. They look pretty easy to adapt into non licensed MOCs
Igginz

Next

Return to Licensed Themes