Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

More Avengers Set Images

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: More Avengers Set Images

Postby bluishgrey » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:02 pm

@Coret - I just look at that Hulk and think it belongs in a Duplo set :|
bluishgrey

Postby onions » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:59 am

dude that hulk is awesome
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Brickmythic » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:35 am

gomek wrote:Ironman head is really awful. The version where it's it's just a painted head is 100 times better. Also, have to mention that I'm getting worried that the Comic Con preview minifigs aren't going to hit the stores. That would be the most obnoxious move by Lego since that limited gold C3PO. Way to stick it to the fans!

hehe
Gold C3P0 at least had a print run of 10,000 units. And was widely available.

If you mean obnoxious, how bout the guy hording white fetts and selling them for $25 each on ebay for a year and a half. The particular seller has gained over 1,000 feedback from white fetts alone. It is not my business how he obtained them and Im happy I was actually able to get one from him for $25. but it is still fishy.. ever slightly.
roflmao, the seller should think about making his auction feedback private before the Thor guy gets him.

Lets not forget SDCC/NYCC Comiccon GREEN LANTERN. Marvel sets aren't even out yet, the buzz is just starting with the DC SUper Hero line and Green Lantern promo (roughly only 3,000 ever made. 1500 for each con) is already going for $150.00.They were as low as $15 during con season. Its expected to hit $500-1000 by next christmas if there is not a green lantern minifigure made. However Lego has unofficially stated this particular Green Lantern will not be made. SO yea, a normal non bronze non 14k gold minifigure will exceed $500.

So, I highly suggest everyone pick up this Iron Man asap.

Theres a preternatural like frenzy with us neckbeards and comic geeks for these liscened heroes and villains. Especially the rare ones.

And dont complain about it. We are lucky Lego has such awesome promotions.

AND FOR THE RECORD IN CAPS> THE DEADPOOL SET IS THE BEST LEGO SET EVER MADE> EVR

HULK NO DUPLO!! HULK SMASH!

edit: funny how the best lego investment in recent memory was a promo Green Lantern minifigure. whilst all the chaps at Brickset and TnB hustle and bustle the big sets. Green Lantern promo has WILLPOWER BABY!

True neckbeard hardcores live off of CON SWAG!!!

Con Swag rules! Dear lego, more con swag pls!
Brickmythic

Postby cas » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:14 am

Brickmythic wrote:Gold C3P0 at least had a print run of 10,000 units. And was widely available.

Widely available through where? If it was "widely available," then why don't I have one? And why is it ~$300 on Bricklink? I wouldn't necessarily call not making a polished, "screen-accurate" C-3PO available to the masses obnoxious, but I'd call it pretty darn irritating.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Gooker1 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:42 am

cas wrote:
Brickmythic wrote:Gold C3P0 at least had a print run of 10,000 units. And was widely available.

Widely available through where? If it was "widely available," then why don't I have one? And why is it ~$300 on Bricklink? I wouldn't necessarily call not making a polished, "screen-accurate" C-3PO available to the masses obnoxious, but I'd call it pretty darn irritating.

What's irritating is the 501st Stormtroopers....That is what's irritating. They were supposed to give them out to kids at SDCC the year they were announced, but of course there were a handful of people who decided to horde most for themselves and sell them on eBay. That was a kick in the nuts. Lego didn't even pass them out that year, so it sucked to see these guys "give" them out when they held a few hundred back.

Oh, and the White Boba Fett...also given out by the 501st Stormtroopers, so that is a very likely possible explanation on why one person has so many.

End rant.

W/ regards to the Avengers figures... I'm curious about what exclusive they'll do this year at SDCC.
Gooker1

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes