I thought it was a great episode. Blacknight, you obviously didn't pay any attention during these episodes. Please read my review of it on the EBSWF Blog: http://eurobricksstarwarsforum.com/2012/02/14/the-clone-wars-review-crisis-on-naboo/
Once you do you will see that:
- This arc was indeed building up to something and did have some consequences.
- The episode was never about whether Palpy would survive the kidnapping or not, or whether the bounty hunters would get their ransom.
- Bane was disguised as a random Neimoidian senator, not Nute Gunray if that's what you're implying.
- There was no point in further spying on Bane, so no need for Obi-Wan to stay undercover. Besides, he pretty much already blew his cover when he turned on Bane.
- Who would expect a comlink to be hidden in a weapons case without having reasonable suspicions??