Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Shop@Home Offers Extends Free Shipping, Lowers Minimum

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

LEGO Shop@Home Offers Extends Free Shipping, Lowers Minimum

Postby Staff » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:09 pm

Receive FREE Shipping on any shop.LEGO.com order of $49 or more.  Valid thru 12.18.11

To help you with your LEGO Christmas shopping, LEGO Shop@Home is extending it's Free Shipping offer until December 18th. They've also lowered their minimum from $99 down to $49, which is where it should always be, in order to qualify. The deal starts on Monday December 12, but I'm posting it now since LEGO's clock runs on Eastern Standard Time.

This free shipping offer will come in handy when 6857 The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape set goes on sale on December 15th. Just throw in a battle pack and you're set!
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/12/11/lego-shophome-offers-extends-free-shipping-lowers-minimum/
Staff

Re: LEGO Shop@Home Offers Extends Free Shipping, Lowers Mini

Postby b4p » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:16 pm

*continues saving for inevitable 10221 sale*
b4p

Postby batsamd » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:18 am

This free shipping offer will come in handy when 6857 The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape set goes on sale on December 15th. Just throw in a battle pack and you're set!

I was planning on using the lower limit on free shipping to get the Funhouse and Superman sets, but when I went to Shop@Homes site and clicked on "What's New", it showed all the Superhero sets being available Dec. 15 except for the Superman set. :(

I'm assuming it's just a mistake on the website since the set is already showing up at TRU and LEGO stores, but does anyone know if Shop@Home won't offer the Superman set on Dec. 15?

Other than that, may just throw in the Catwoman set, although the only thing I want out of the set are the blue wings for Batman's jetpack, since I got the two of the original Catwoman sets before. To bad they didn't give Catwoman the alternate purple costume they had in the LEGO Batman video game, then the set might be more attractive to those who got the original set.
batsamd

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:50 am

Why DON'T they have such a free shipping threshold all the time? I'm honestly curious. Are their shipping expenses really so high that they would lose money on that?

Because I know for myself, I have NEVER ordered anything from S@H unless I could get free shipping, and that means I have ordered from them exactly twice in my life.

I would DEFINITELY order from them more often if they had a $50 free shipping deal on all the time, and I can't be the only one. By only having such deals very infrequently they lose my business pretty much ALL the time, since I generally don't wait for THEM to have a free shipping deal, but simply order from somebody else who has one all the time. At this point, I've already bought all my LEGO for Christmas, so this lowering of the free shipping threshold doesn't get any business from me. LEGO is expensive enough already, without adding shipping charges on top.
Mister Ed

Postby onions » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:30 am

this is something i'm pretty sure i've mentioned to my affiliate manager once or twice, but i totally agree with you there mister ed. soooo many online merchants offer free shipping; it's a quick and easy way to draw in the customer it baffles me that they don't offer it year round, and/or have a high threshold in order to qualify.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Inzane » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:57 am

Son-of-a.... I just checked and they did NOT apply this to the Canadian site. It's still showing as $99!!! >8(

Why do we get the shaft again? (AFAIK, Canadian and US orders even ship out of the same hub somewhere in the Niagra Falls region, don't they?)

Insert offensive expletives here -->>
Inzane

Return to Finds/Deals