Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Is there a coding problem with the new LEGO S&H Site

A Member of LEGO Company's staff drops in here from time to time to answer questions from LEGO fans like you.

Is there a coding problem with the new LEGO S&H Site

Postby RfAurora » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:03 am

I'm looking to see if any1 else here at FBTB or at TLG is having issues with the new layout/search function of the Shop at home website? When I try to browse certain themes in both Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, and try to change the page on that theme or change how many sets I look at, all my settings get wiped out, and I am looking at a general view of all LEGO sets. Also, when I try to go to the next page in my browsing, I can't. it stays on the first page. Is there any1 else having this issue, and if so, is there a solution?
RfAurora

Re: Is there a coding problem with the new LEGO S&H Site

Postby Inzane » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:52 am

I've been having similar problems, and I don't know what the fix is.

I've been very frustrated with their new layout. I hate it in fact. I miss being able to click on a theme then a sub-theme, such as Star Wars --> UCS. Or Trains --> locomotives. Or whatever.
Inzane

Postby RfAurora » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:18 am

The response I got from LEGO on this issue was to clean out my cookies, which only worked for about the first 5 minutes.
RfAurora

Postby lowlead » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:28 am

I suppose I could have posted this topic in here as well....

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6492

TLGs response was "We're sorry, try using a different browser." So I installed Firefox, and encountered a continuous loop in the midst of an online order. Long story short, the new 'OPTIMIZED' website is complete garbage and I'm not letting them off the hook with this one.

With all due respect LEGO, your IT department dropped the ball with this one. I've made dozens of S@H orders on my Mac in the past, now I don't have a browser that works - on to Opera, or the telephone. Lame!
lowlead

Postby Draykov » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:31 am

My wishlist recently got nuked when I tried to delete a single item. Not sure if that was the issue or if it was the fact that my wishlist had some items that were recently sold out and/or removed from the site. In any case, it went from something like 80 items to 6.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby lowlead » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:43 pm

No surprise.

I don't even browse the S@H site anymore - I can't stand it. Brickset is a much better place for that now.
lowlead

Return to Ask LEGO