Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Official Images Of Star Wars Planets Series 1

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Official Images Of Star Wars Planets Series 1

Postby Staff » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:10 am

9676 TIE Interceptor & Death Star 9675 Sebulba's Podracer & Tatooine 9674 Naboo Starfighter & Naboo

If you've been waiting to get a better look at the new Star Wars Planets sets series 1, you're in luck as Amazon.fr has posted those along with the previously posted Super Heroes (AKA Batman) sets. I'll admit I've wanted these since the moment I laid eyes on the first grainy leaked pictures. I'm sure I'll complain about the price per set and what not, but I still can't wait to get my hands on these.

You can click the links to take a look at some different views of each set, including images of extra parts for hanging the planets and display stands with tiles/stickers detailing the set contents. I only hope these touch down in store before the end of the year, I don't think I can wait until 2012.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/11/21/official-images-of-star-wars-planets-series-1/
Staff

Re: Official Images Of Star Wars Planets Series 1

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:21 am

I can't fathom how they wouldn't have these available before Christmas. They simply SCREAM "stocking stuffer".
Mister Ed

Postby Mofo Jones » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:43 am

I'm not sure if it's good or bad that I'm already planning on modifying the TIE Interceptor if I get that one. I agree, these totally look like stocking stuffers.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Jargon » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:50 am

I'm guessing that these will be similar to 2004's X-Pods, in that kids are supposed to store the models in the planets/containers. I'm not sold, but they look interesting.
Jargon

Postby cas » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:35 am

Some of the pics make the planets look like they can be used as tree ornaments. Which, if these make it out before Christmas, our tree will feel the wrath of the Death Star (in addition to the Hallmark Star Destroyer)!
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Rook » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:05 am

Those are great. Looking forward to seeing how people intergrate them into MOCs. :D
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby volumex » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:32 pm

Nice, I think it was time to fill that gap with a smaller set, which up to now was not around, this formula has been the backbone of the whole CITY range! Since its a new range (series) I expect it to have a price tag thats going to cover: Universe and Design by Me fall backs and fall outs :facepalm:
volumex

Postby sparkart » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:42 am

Yeah, I think it'll be cool to see the Death Star integrated into an even BIGGER super weapon.
sparkart

Postby Blackicep8ntball » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:45 am

Am I the only one who finds these a little bit silly? A big ball and a figure allows Lego to package very little and sell it for more. This is not an exciting addition to the SW line IMO :/
Blackicep8ntball

Postby onions » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:34 pm

i'm with you on that one.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Diaaabo » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:39 pm

I dig those. It seems to be a pretty good response to the Collectible Minifigs series. Let's hope they keep these coming for some series.
Diaaabo

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:01 pm

Blackicep8ntball wrote:Am I the only one who finds these a little bit silly? A big ball and a figure allows Lego to package very little and sell it for more. This is not an exciting addition to the SW line IMO :/

Huh? We've long since passed the point where LEGO started adding figs to sets to package little and charge more. This is just more of the same, IMHO, and not anything especially new along those lines. And I like mini-models, and will never get a Sebulba or the new Naboo pilot outside this. So I'm not seeing anything overly silly.

I'm not going to buy them at full price....but that pretty much sums up my attitude toward the ENTIRE SW LEGO line these days.
Mister Ed

Postby THX 1138 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:47 pm

I'll probably get the Death Star one. It'll be a good way to get a TIE pilot cheap, and the Death Star could be useful when making stop-motion movies. I hope having the new Naboo pilot in one of these will make it easier to get on Bricklink as well, since I want one, but don't want the Naboo set or the larger Naboo Starfighter.
Do a barrel roll!
THX 1138

Postby hatcher » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:00 am

How long do you think it will be before Hasbro complains about these sets. :)
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby Bellicose » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:52 am

hatcher wrote:How long do you think it will be before Hasbro complains about these sets. :)

After their Kreon line, they have zero grounds to do so. But they'll probably still do it anyway...
Bellicose

Postby lemons » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:44 pm

Has anyone seen pictures of Series 2 yet?
“You don’t need to see his identification … These aren’t the droids you’re looking for … He can go about his business … Move along.”

LEGO Star Wars blog.
lemons

Postby volumex » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:09 pm

lemons wrote:Has anyone seen pictures of Series 2 yet?

Nop, just rather grainy...
volumex

Postby meeotch » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:48 pm

I think these look amazing! As someone whose time and money for LEGO has gone close to zero, I've really taken a shine to all-things MINI. I love the planets and the little models, and I'm not at all disappointed with the minifigs like I am with the SW Advent Calendar.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Next

Return to Star Wars