Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[USA] TRU 20% off one item Facebook coupon (print up to 3)

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: [USA] TRU 20% off one item Facebook coupon (print up to

Postby scandell » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:38 pm

Can you believe this! The Toys R Us in Manhattan Beach California (closest to my house) has the Millennium Falcon marked regular price as $164.99! :shock:

The one three miles south...has it at $149.99. I hate TRU.
scandell

Postby DarthMC » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:06 pm

I have the same thing here in Maryland. There are two TRUs near me and of course the closest one has an extra %10 markup on top of the normal TRU markup (The $164.99 falcon). When the series 5 minifigure prices were raised to $3.49 for this recent sale (which always seems to happen), this store jacked them up to $3.99. The funny thing is that the more expensive store is always packed with people while the cheaper store is not.

DarthMC
DarthMC

Postby iamFLIP » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:04 pm

scandell wrote:Can you believe this! The Toys R Us in Manhattan Beach California (closest to my house) has the Millennium Falcon marked regular price as $164.99! :shock:

The one three miles south...has it at $149.99. I hate TRU.

Hawaii TRU can beat that price, it is $173.99 here!
iamFLIP

Postby JamesBenjamin » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:54 am

DarthMC wrote:The funny thing is that the more expensive store is always packed with people while the cheaper store is not.

The more expensive store is probly in a high income/high volume area, and they know they can get away with it. I think that's the basis of the TRU tax anyway: they know 75% of parents/granparents/aunts/uncles/whatever will just got to TRU and not even think to check Target/WM for toys, so they have no competition most places.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby cstojano » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:21 am

Man they are taking a long time to process these orders. I bought the Tower Bridge and a Grand Emporium, I had to add a minifig to the GE order to get the 40 off. The figs shipped yesterday by itself, the TB hasn't even charged yet despite ordering it earlier.
cstojano

Postby deco_droid » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:18 am

on a side note, i hope this does not become a habit for TRU. i am not on fbook due to their ever disintegrating concern for people's privacy (well that and because i have a life) -- so i'm not going to sign up for an account just to get an arguably average discount. before this, you just had to find the coupon link on their website. i'm sure some marketing "genius" came up with the idea -- now TRU has millions of "friends" and "likes". well, whoop-dee-whoop. amazon's Christmas discounting begins soon, and they usually blow every other retailer's sales out of the water, so i shall be patient and buy the new sets then.
deco_droid

Previous

Return to Finds/Deals