Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[USA] TRU 20% off one item Facebook coupon (print up to 3)

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[USA] TRU 20% off one item Facebook coupon (print up to 3)

Postby JamesBenjamin » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:45 am

Credit for the find goes to someone on TFW2005 (Transformers forum) where I used the coupon to pick up my Masterpiece Rodimus Prime.

Go to TRU's Facebook page, on the left side there's a 20% off coupon link. Click though and print it out! Its that easy!

You can do it three times before it tells you you can't any more, but I printed one at work then 3 more at home (to test the qty) with no problems. It seems the qty is either tied to your browser or computer, not your Facebook account.

With all the new Star Wars sets coming in, I'm sure this will come in handy. Expires 8/14.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Re: [USA] TRU 20% off one item Facebook coupon (print up to

Postby Morgan19 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:02 am

Thanks for the heads-up. It looks like it maxes out at three individual print runs, but within each of those runs you can print as many as you want: print once, set the quantity to whatever, print again with another quantity, and then print the third time with another quantity. I did three, one, and five to test it that way and it worked fine.

m19
Morgan19

Postby JamesBenjamin » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:56 am

Morgan19 wrote:Thanks for the heads-up. It looks like it maxes out at three individual print runs, but within each of those runs you can print as many as you want: print once, set the quantity to whatever, print again with another quantity, and then print the third time with another quantity. I did three, one, and five to test it that way and it worked fine.

m19

Each print run will have a single-use barcode though. When you close that tab and click "print" again you get a new barcode. Each barcode # is usable only once.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby GIR3691 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:57 am

Thanks for the heads up! I'm probably not going to use this on LEGO, but they do have a couple of other exclusives I'd like to get.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Morgan19 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:59 am

JamesBenjamin wrote:Each print run will have a single-use barcode though. When you close that tab and click "print" again you get a new barcode. Each barcode # is usable only once.

D'oh! I hit print without closing that window, so it used the three runs and all with the same barcode. Good to know you need to close the window to get a new code.

m19
Morgan19

Postby onions » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:16 pm

funny. i printed it twice and got the same bar code #
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby onions » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:56 pm

i know what i did wrong. i hit the print this coupon as soon as the print job was done, thus getting the same bar code. it wasn't until i closed the window and clicked on the link on the facebook page that i got a new bar code.

fyi, if you clear your cookies for the coupon page, you can generate more coupons.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby MrCRskater » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:27 pm

Printed off a few of these bad boys, picked up the Knight Bus and the new Hoth playset (my heart screamed "PODRACERS!" but my brain said "Discount on Hoth is a more practical decision"). I may still go back and pick up the podracers, too. Didn't realize the TRU markup was so high on some of those sets, though! Hogwarts and Hogwarts Express were marked up so high that even with the 20% discount, it wouldn't have even been $10 under MSRP! Lamesauce. . .
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby mrfootball » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:00 pm

FYI - TRU Rewards just sent an email promo, $10 Geoffrey Bucks for in-store purchases of $50 or more between Aug. 7 and 13th...

I think I'll take my 20% off coupon and go pick up the podracer set or the Falcon.
mrfootball

Postby SWLegoFanatic » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:17 am

Thanks guys - I just printed out 2 more coupons - all 3 have a different bar code.

I picked up the Falcon with my first coupon. Its $10 above MSRP ($149.99), but between the other $20 I'm saving and lack of sales tax buying in NH (I live in MA), it ended up being $120 for the set and back to the good old 0.10/piece ratio from back in the day. Their markup was about the same as what I would have paid in sales tax.

Anywhere I can cut corners, I'm all for!

Now I need to figure out which sets to use the other 2 coupons towards ;-)
SWLegoFanatic

Postby MrCRskater » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:59 am

SWLegoFanatic wrote:[The Falcon] is $10 above MSRP ($149.99)

That's strange, the new Falcon was actually marked at MSRP ($139.99) at my TRU. Can pricing vary from store to store?
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby SWLegoFanatic » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:08 am

I wouldn't put anything past them. They probably upped the price during this coupon period (sorry, its the pessimistic/conspiracy theory side of me) ;)

It's $149.99 on their website too...
SWLegoFanatic

Postby JamesBenjamin » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:35 am

This deal is back on, but it looks like you can only print 1 coupon this time. Not sure if its tied to your FB account or 'puter. i tried at work and will try again at home later and see what barcode # I get.

Does anyone know if they'll let you stack this with the $25 off $100 sale going on this week?
JamesBenjamin

Postby sidersdd » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:42 am

JamesBenjamin wrote:This deal is back on, but it looks like you can only print 1 coupon this time. Not sure if its tied to your FB account or 'puter. i tried at work and will try again at home later and see what barcode # I get.

Does anyone know if they'll let you stack this with the $25 off $100 sale going on this week?

You can use both in the same order, but not on the same item. The $25 off will go to the highest priced item. Both do stack with the various Star Wars sales items they have - which I thought was supposed to end on Saturday.
sidersdd

Postby onions » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:31 pm

are the frigate/falcon/podracers still on sale on brick and mortar stores?
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby iamFLIP » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:35 pm

onions wrote:are the frigate/falcon/podracers still on sale on brick and mortar stores?

No here in Hawaii.
iamFLIP

Postby Bellicose » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:12 pm

onions wrote:are the frigate/falcon/podracers still on sale on brick and mortar stores?

No.
Bellicose

Postby onions » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:28 pm

anyone know if i can stack the 20% coupon with the $25 off deal?
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby russjnco » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:27 pm

Yes, it will stack on the $25 off deal. In order to qualify for the $25 off though, the discounted price must still exceed $100.

The barcodes are a little trickier this time. Printing it three times, even closing out each time, still yielded the same barcode numbers. The only way I got it to reset was print 3 of the same coupon and then clear the cookie but I have not tried the new number yet to see if the new coupon/number is valid.
russjnco

Postby GIR3691 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:19 pm

Are you sure it'll work? I've never had any luck stacking deals at TRU. The last time this coupon was out it specifically restricted promotion stacking.

And now the coupon page isn't loading for me. Blah!
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Next

Return to Finds/Deals