Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[US] LEGO S@H/Store - Official May 3rd/4th Announcement

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: [US] LEGO S@H/Store - Official May 3rd/4th Announcement

Postby mrfootball » Fri May 06, 2011 5:53 pm

Just call Lego customer service and tell them what happened - I did the same thing, told them and they went ahead and Shipped the Arf Trooper separately.
mrfootball

Postby Aharown » Fri May 06, 2011 7:08 pm

I went ahead and finally ordered the drop ship set, along with some of the series 3 & 4 figures, neither series of which I've been able to find in any of the stores around here.

Both the drop ship and ARF trooper are back-ordered - it seems Lego will honour the freebie, even if they have to have some shipped in from the factory or another part of the world.

This is good. :)
<><
Aharown

Postby Baxter PBnJ » Tue May 10, 2011 6:32 am

My friend and I were in the Atlanta Metro area Lego store on last Friday and tried to make the manager come off some ARF troopers, but all he got was a poster. She said "We have to send them back ASAP and they're being really strict on giving them out. I don't want to lose my job." They had PLENTY of them, so Lego saying they're out of them is a crock of shiz. I too was one of the people who failed to check the box when I ordered my Tantive IV at the discounted rate shortly after midnight on the 3rd.
Here's the response I got from Lego command:

Dear Timothy,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We are sorry to hear you did not receive the ARF Trooper you were expecting with your order. For this item to be added, a box had to be checked in your ‘Shopping Cart.' We understand this can be easy to miss, so we would still like to rectify the situation for you.

Unfortunately, we no longer have any stock of the ARF Troopers. We would like to offer you a free Star Wars keychain of your choice from our website as a replacement. Just reply and let us know which one you would like us to send and we will get it right out to you. We apologize for the confusion.

Please get in touch if you need anything else. It's free to call our experts at 1-800-835-4386 (Monday through Friday, 8am to 10pm and Saturday & Sunday 10am to 6pm EST) or you could go to http://www.LEGOshop.com.

Happy building!

Jesse
LEGO Direct Consumer Services

I responded with I'm sending the product back if they didn't send me the ARF trooper. We'll see what happens. >8(
Tim
Baxter PBnJ

Postby etcknight » Wed May 11, 2011 10:27 am

Placed 2 orders at ShopAtHome on May 3, then May 4. Both orders shipped with ARF trooper, but no poster. :'(

I was pretty bummed that the posters were completely gone - but I would have been more bummed if I didn't get the trooper. Lego Co said the promotion was a lot more popular than they had anticipated and everything ran out.
etcknight

Postby Tyrant » Wed May 11, 2011 11:42 am

They must be calling in all the extras in the stores to mail them out because I placed three orders in total and two of them had the troopers backordered (but the rest of the order already shipped). They were mailed yesterday. I was kind of surprised because my second and third order didn't have any Star Wars items in them. No poster in order 2 and 3 though, or if there are posters they are coming with the figures. The first order (which was all Star Wars sets) had a poster though.

I hope FBTB got credit for the second and third order. I assume I only had to go through the link then place the order. For some reason I didn't think about that on the first order.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby Gooker1 » Wed May 11, 2011 12:31 pm

The local stores near me had some ARF troopers too, but like the one a previous poster referred to, they had to send them back too. Apparently Lego was very strict about that. I wouldn't be surprised if they used the ones returned from the stores to appease other customers who missed out.
Gooker1

Postby that guy » Wed May 11, 2011 12:41 pm

While they obviously weren't selling them, it should be noted that Lego values that trooper at $9.99 which is one of the highest MSRP give away items they've done that I can ever remember. And yeah, my store 'suddenly ran out' which I found out later was code for 'sent back to HQ'.
that guy

Postby Gooker1 » Wed May 11, 2011 12:58 pm

What's really interesting is that the minifigs went basically a week before getting sent back. The stores had the $75 special running through the weekend and everything was sent back on Monday.
Gooker1

Postby that guy » Wed May 11, 2011 2:05 pm

Gooker1 wrote:What's really interesting is that the minifigs went basically a week before getting sent back. The stores had the $75 special running through the weekend and everything was sent back on Monday.

Yeah my store was honoring the sale all through the weekend. And then poof, like Keyser Soze they we gone....
that guy

Postby Baxter PBnJ » Thu May 12, 2011 7:33 am

The Lego Gods must be shining upon this disgruntled fan. :lol:

Dear Timothy,

Thank you for your recent order #W3363375. I want to start off by apologizing for the packaging error you experienced with the shipment of your Tantive IV. I apologize that you were unaware of the check box that you had to opt in on during check out. The good news is that we just received additional inventory of the ARF Trooper from some of our brand stores. I have gone ahead and requested that the promotional ARF Trooper be sent to you. Please allow about 7 business days to receive that shipment. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please get in touch if you need anything else. It's free to call our experts at 1-800-835-4386 (Monday through Friday, 8am to 10pm and Saturday & Sunday 10am to 6pm EST) or you could go to www.LEGOshop.com.

Happy building!

Courtney

Did I ever tell you my favorite Guns and Roses album is LIES? :O
Tim
Baxter PBnJ

Postby Gooker1 » Thu May 12, 2011 10:55 am

Baxter PBnJ wrote:The Lego Gods must be shining upon this disgruntled fan. :lol:

Dear Timothy,

Thank you for your recent order #W3363375. I want to start off by apologizing for the packaging error you experienced with the shipment of your Tantive IV. I apologize that you were unaware of the check box that you had to opt in on during check out. The good news is that we just received additional inventory of the ARF Trooper from some of our brand stores. I have gone ahead and requested that the promotional ARF Trooper be sent to you. Please allow about 7 business days to receive that shipment. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please get in touch if you need anything else. It's free to call our experts at 1-800-835-4386 (Monday through Friday, 8am to 10pm and Saturday & Sunday 10am to 6pm EST) or you could go to http://www.LEGOshop.com.

Happy building!

Courtney

Did I ever tell you my favorite Guns and Roses album is LIES? :O

That would only make sense that S@H would use the store leftovers to appease customers who didn't get one when they should have.
Gooker1

Postby Aharown » Mon May 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Tyrant wrote:They must be calling in all the extras in the stores to mail them out because I placed three orders in total and two of them had the troopers backordered (but the rest of the order already shipped). They were mailed yesterday.

Exactly. I got mine today - via Fedex! My previous series 3&4 minifigs came last week the same way.

Thanks Lego!

(Now I'm still waiting for my dropship, which was also backordered.)
<><
Aharown

Postby Mofo Jones » Mon May 16, 2011 5:02 pm

My poster was missing from my May 4 order. I called and they said they'd send one out. It arrived today, and I got a pretty low number, too. :)
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby SDIronClaw » Mon May 16, 2011 5:24 pm

Mofo Jones wrote:My poster was missing from my May 4 order. I called and they said they'd send one out. It arrived today, and I got a pretty low number, too. :)

Thanks for the tip man, I just called Lego and they said they were down to their last couple posters. I should get mine in about a week.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby Mofo Jones » Tue May 17, 2011 10:00 am

Glad that my news helped you out. Mine came flat in a brown 8.5 x 11 envelope.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Previous

Return to Finds/Deals