Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Stormtrooper Clock Now At Amazon, LEGO Shop@Home

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Stormtrooper Clock Now At Amazon, LEGO Shop@Home

Postby Staff » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:42 pm

Stormtrooper Clock

Out of all the LEGO Star Wars clocks, the Stormtrooper clock was the most popular according to my informal data gathering technology. And as far as I understand it, it was also shortpacked in the case, 1x Stormtrooper with 5x Darth Vader. Still haven't found one? Well, look no further as both Amazon.com and LEGO Shop@Home has this listed in stock for $24.99 and $29.99, respectively. You get free shipping from Amazon if you add something cheap to your cart to bring your total over $25. But you get VIP points through Shop@Home. Decisions, decisions....
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/02/28/stormtrooper-clock-now-at-amazon-lego-shophome/
Staff

Re: Stormtrooper Clock Now At Amazon, LEGO Shop@Home

Postby rocao » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:22 pm

[quote=staff]You get free shipping from Amazon if you add something cheap to your cart to bring your total over $25. But you get VIP points through Shop@Home. Decisions, decisions....

It's not much of a decision for me, and it shouldn't be for anyone else, imo. The $5 discount is more than the 5% return with Lego VIP points. Moreover, Amazon purchases are not taxed to residents of nearly all states and shipping is free (with Amazon prime or a small filler).

I love Shop@Home and Lego retail stores, but in the end, it usually is a simple matter of bottom line. I think they really should offer better "rewards" since they stand to profit more from direct sales. The move from their stamp based system to VIP actually was a decrease in $ back for the consumer.
rocao

Postby MisterFubar » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:27 pm

rocao wrote:[quote=staff]You get free shipping from Amazon if you add something cheap to your cart to bring your total over $25. But you get VIP points through Shop@Home. Decisions, decisions....

It's not much of a decision for me, and it shouldn't be for anyone else, imo. The $5 discount is more than the 5% return with Lego VIP points. Moreover, Amazon purchases are not taxed to residents of nearly all states and shipping is free (with Amazon prime or a small filler).

I love Shop@Home and Lego retail stores, but in the end, it usually is a simple matter of bottom line. I think they really should offer better "rewards" since they stand to profit more from direct sales. The move from their stamp based system to VIP actually was a decrease in $ back for the consumer.

I'm one of those lucky ones that gets to pay sales tax on my Amazon orders since they recently opened a warehouse here, but I don't pay tax on my LEGO Shop@Home orders because we don't have a LEGO store in my state.

Of course the free shipping still tips the scales towards Amazon on smaller orders.
MisterFubar

Postby GIR3691 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:35 pm

The first couple weeks of March are double VIP points days as well.

We should be seeing some new accessory products popping up on S@H in the next few days. They're already stocking them in-store. Didn't see any minifigure clocks though. Puzzling... Or should I say... alarming. :cool:
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Bertje007 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:54 am

Anyone willing to buy some of these and send them to Holland, Europe?
Bertje007

Return to Finds/Deals