Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Toy Fair Coverage Wrapped Up

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Re: Toy Fair 2011: The Story So Far...

Postby Jabba the Taff » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:17 pm

MrCRskater wrote:To echo my post in the Star Wars forum (and everyone else here), great coverage, fellas. Of course, you take a lot of pictures, but you bring us good shots of everything we want to know about. Basically, not just quantity, but quality. It feels like we've gotten to know everything about the upcoming models except their weight. Thanks, guys!

Amen to that. It really feels like you care about presenting the Lego in the best and fairest light including the bits we care about, and are not just looking to get exclusive pictures whatever their quality.

One other thing; I'm fairly excited by the Cars line (especially Flo's Cafe) but I'm really worried about the number of stickers to make the models look accurate. Also the quality is something of a worry. For me, they have a Megablocks look to them. I'm hoping this is partly due to seeing so few sets.
Jabba the Taff

Re: LEGO Toy Fair Coverage Wrapped Up

Postby Chief » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:19 pm

If they follow through the way they did with Toy Story, I would expect a lot of those stickers to turn out to be printed in the final sets.
Chief

Postby Jabba the Taff » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:27 pm

I was hoping that, since I suspect the target audience of the Pixar license is slightly lower than normal for similar Lego ranges, and would struggle applying stickers (and keeping them on the pieces!)
Jabba the Taff

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:14 pm

Out of all that, the thing that I am most interested in is the Lighthouse. I'm amazed that something that cool, and with a light brick, too, is so affordable.

I mean, I'm used to Creator sets having good pricing, but recently I thought they were creeping up too, and to have something this nice, with cool play features and a minifig to boot, be so reasonably priced is still something of a surprise.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I can't BELIEVE how overpriced the CITY line seems to be. I was debating getting some of the CITY space sets, but that pricing has resolved that debate pretty quick. I hadn't thought the models looked all that good to begin with, and to have them priced that high completely kills any interest.

I'm most disappointed by the Podrace set. Not because it isn't awesome. I think it is. I would LOVE to get it. I've kicked myself for years for not getting the original, or Watto's Junkyard. But $90 places it outside my price range. It isn't even like that price is too unreasonable (especially compared to some of the other laughable pricing revealed), I just can't handle that high a price point at this time in my life. Only chance I have is if it goes on clearance, but I've had zero luck catching anything on clearance thus far in my Star Wars LEGO buying career, so I don't hold out much hope.
Mister Ed

Re: Toy Fair 2011: The Story So Far...

Postby onions » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:24 pm

Jabba the Taff wrote:
MrCRskater wrote:To echo my post in the Star Wars forum (and everyone else here), great coverage, fellas. Of course, you take a lot of pictures, but you bring us good shots of everything we want to know about. Basically, not just quantity, but quality. It feels like we've gotten to know everything about the upcoming models except their weight. Thanks, guys!

Amen to that. It really feels like you care about presenting the Lego in the best and fairest light including the bits we care about, and are not just looking to get exclusive pictures whatever their quality.

One other thing; I'm fairly excited by the Cars line (especially Flo's Cafe) but I'm really worried about the number of stickers to make the models look accurate. Also the quality is something of a worry. For me, they have a Megablocks look to them. I'm hoping this is partly due to seeing so few sets.

I strive to take the best possible pictures. it took a few years to nail down my routine but i feel that last year's and this year's coverage has been my best work. and this year i was determined to get someone to come along and shoot video, and that's where ry really stepped up. i mean, check out how awesome this video is:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/54 ... 919846335/

we may not be the first to post pictures, but i make it a point to be thorough, organized and informative. as much as I shot, over 900 pics, i still didn't cover everything as detailed as i wanted. but alas, there's always next year. everyone's kind words mean a lot to me so thank you for your comments. it makes the late nights and sharing a room with ryan well worth it XD
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Chief » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:19 am

I hope the toxic cloud didn't kill any cleaning staff. :(

Sorry again.
Chief

Previous

Return to General LEGO Discussions