Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

MASSIVE S@H sale

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

MASSIVE S@H sale

Postby that guy » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:43 pm

Looks like it largely sold out very quickly but about 200+ items just went up within a few hours ago.
http://shop.lego.com/SalesAndDeals/
that guy

Re: MASSIVE S@H sale

Postby groupsrv » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:53 pm

I checked about an hour before you posted and noticed a lot of items sold out. kicking myself for not checking earlier. I would love to know what time it actually went on sale in North America. Can't dwell on what has past but i would want to prepare for next year. good thing i didn't actually check on boxing day
groupsrv

Postby hassmyster » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:15 pm

This sucks man I checked just now everythign worth anything is gone. Gosh when exactly did it go one sale. I would have loved to pick up a green grocer or a freaking taj mahal man, what cheap prices for everything.....
hassmyster

Postby J30spiff » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:45 pm

Finally picked up Home One. Couldn't pass on 50% off.
J30spiff

Postby popnfresh » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:42 pm

I woudn't feel so bad, some of that stuff has been sold out for a while now, no idea why they decided to throw it up on that page

green grocer/grand carousel/taj mahal/walking at-at/garage/family home

have been listed sold out for a long time prior to today.
popnfresh

Postby that guy » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:49 pm

I would agree with most of those being sold out but I can tell you for fact that some like the AT-AT were in stock and orderable when the sale went live. I got 2 of the AT-AT's and passed on the garage set but it was in stock at the time. All the others you listed were sold out at the time. I use website scanning software to ping websites every 15 minutes for changes so I know that the sale hadn't been going for too long before I found it, but I would agree that most of the large ones were already out of stock before the sale hit.
that guy

Postby popnfresh » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:00 pm

Oh, I guess they bounced in an out, I remember looking at the Garage and it was listed as sold out weeks ago, but it doesnt really matter now, the pirate sets sold out kind of hurt tho. Good thing home one is still in stock so its not a complete loss. :)

d'oh fire rescue and crane truck just got yanked from my cart while i was on fbtb :lol: :x , thatll teach me to not order right away
popnfresh

Postby anakinisvader » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:26 pm

I checked the sales and deals page probably 30 minutes before this sale went live >:( Oh well, at lease I didn't have to take out a second mortgage with most everything being sold out. :lol:
anakinisvader

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:26 pm

anakinisvader wrote:I checked the sales and deals page probably 30 minutes before this sale went live >:( Oh well, at lease I didn't have to take out a second mortgage with most everything being sold out. :lol:

Went live? Was it posted somewhere that they were going to do this?
Gooker1

Postby that guy » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:56 pm

The sale started at approximately 3pm PST from what I can tell and while I never saw any direct indication it was coming, I've learned over the years (as I'm sure many of you have) that there are dates throughout the year that have higher probabilities of producing sales at S@H. Today being one of them... ;)
that guy

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:13 pm

that guy wrote:The sale started at approximately 3pm PST from what I can tell and while I never saw any direct indication it was coming, I've learned over the years (as I'm sure many of you have) that there are dates throughout the year that have higher probabilities of producing sales at S@H. Today being one of them... ;)

Ahhh soooo...duly noted for 12/24/2011. :)
Gooker1

Postby that guy » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:25 pm

Gooker1 wrote:
that guy wrote:The sale started at approximately 3pm PST from what I can tell and while I never saw any direct indication it was coming, I've learned over the years (as I'm sure many of you have) that there are dates throughout the year that have higher probabilities of producing sales at S@H. Today being one of them... ;)

Ahhh soooo...duly noted for 12/24/2011. :)

You might as well add May 4th to your list if you're making one.... XD
that guy

Postby Nannan » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:04 pm

that guy wrote:I use website scanning software to ping websites every 15 minutes for changes so I know that the sale hadn't been going for too long before I found it.

That is pro. I need to learn that.
Nannan

Postby that guy » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:08 pm

I guess the jigs up now; first the codes for Series 3, now website scanning software, I better keep my trap shut for a bit or I'll run out of tricks..... :facepalm:
that guy

Postby Mofo Jones » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:12 pm

Picked up the Midi ISD, used VIP points for the set so I only paid for shipping and tax. XD Yay for half price LEGO. There were other things I could have bought, but I gotta hold off on 2011 sets for now. Wanted to get the ISD at half price or less, so I'm pleased with the sale. Thanks that guy!
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby monophoton » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:26 pm

Home One for 50% off? Who says there isn't anything worthwhile left? :)

Also, there are a lot of items on that page that were already sold out, so it isn't like anyone got a Green Grocer at 50% off. Either way, there are some great deals left, massive thanks for the heads up!
monophoton

Postby UOldPirate » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:05 am

monophoton wrote:Home One for 50% off? Who says there isn't anything worthwhile left? :)

Also, there are a lot of items on that page that were already sold out, so it isn't like anyone got a Green Grocer at 50% off. Either way, there are some great deals left, massive thanks for the heads up!

Agreed! At 50%, Home One is a great deal. I can't believe they are still in stock. I'm bummed about the Crane Truck though, I would have loved to have grabbed one at $75. Hopefully that will be one of the sets that bounces back in stock <fingers crossed>.
UOldPirate

Postby GIR3691 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:48 am

I go to a Christmas party for a few hours and look what happens... So many great deals to have been had here. :(

This is just painful to scroll through.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby turc » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:37 am

Just picked 2x Home One. I guess they had plenty of stock
Also got the Midi scale Destroyer
and Count Dooku ship is still there. Backorder but will ship mid-January.
turc

Postby Mofo Jones » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:09 am

That is a great sale on Home One. I've got one sitting in the build queue so I don't need another one. I still have the epic pic that was posted on FBTB the night after our massive group discussion with LEGO about the possibilities for the set. I'd post it, but I lack a flickr account right now.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Next

Return to Finds/Deals