Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Good Look At New Imperial Pilot, R2-Q2

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Good Look At New Imperial Pilot, R2-Q2

Postby Staff » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:02 pm


lego star wars 7915 - Imperial Pilot & R2-Q2


L-S-W from flickr took a close up pic of the new minifigs included in 7195 Imperial V-wing Starfighter. I am adrool (yes, I just made that up) over the R2. Silver!
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/12/11/good-look-at-new-imperial-pilot-r2-q2/
Staff
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: Good Look At New Imperial Pilot, R2-Q2

Postby ccandgc » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:28 pm

excellent! Is this set out already?
-Chad
ccandgc
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:44 pm
Location: San Diego, PRK

Re: Good Look At New Imperial Pilot, R2-Q2

Postby J30spiff » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:39 pm

I absolutely love the minifigs that come with this set. My son loves his red/grey V-Wing and when he saw the pics of the Imperial V-Wing, couldn't stop looking at them. I asked him to pick between this and and the AT-AT and he'll take the V-Wing w/o hesitation.
J30spiff
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:33 pm
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: Good Look At New Imperial Pilot, R2-Q2

Postby MisterFubar » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:23 am

Excellent set, I'm thinking this will be one of those sets I end up with more than a couple of. I think I'm about to brave -10 windchills to run to TRU to see if they put these new sets out yet.

Yes, I know I could just pick up the phone, but that takes all the fun out of it.
MisterFubar
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:44 pm
Location: Afghantooine

Re: Good Look At New Imperial Pilot, R2-Q2

Postby Draykov » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:23 am

Those are some sweet figs. That astromech looks very much like the one Biggs had in his X-Wing at Yavin.

Image
Hail Space!
Image
Draykov
 
Posts: 1777
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:14 pm
Location: Lone Star

Re: Good Look At New Imperial Pilot, R2-Q2

Postby anakinskywalker4 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:08 pm

ccandgc wrote:excellent! Is this set out already?


In some stores yes. The Czech Republic and France definitly have them is what I know for now, anyway its only less than 3 weeks till the set comes out.
I can wait that long :)
anakinskywalker4
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:52 am

Re: Good Look At New Imperial Pilot, R2-Q2

Postby ccandgc » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:51 pm

thanks! Looking forward to getting this one!
-Chad
ccandgc
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:44 pm
Location: San Diego, PRK

Re: Good Look At New Imperial Pilot, R2-Q2

Postby Solo » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:06 pm

Draykov wrote:That astromech looks very much like the one Biggs had in his X-Wing at Yavin.

That's because it is the same droid. It was also part of the imperial search party aboard the Tantive V looking for the DS plans, rolling down the hall with R4-M9 leading some captured rebels. That's because when they made ANH they weren't overly concerned about continuity. According to Hasbro though he may be a double agent though.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:53 am
Location: right here

Re: Good Look At New Imperial Pilot, R2-Q2

Postby Mofo Jones » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:27 pm

Well, I'm sure there are other astromechs with the same colors that don't have the same name. The SW galaxy is too big. It's a good representation of the droid though, and I will probably eventually pick the set up. Wait for a sale though.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:56 pm
Location: Shawnee, KS

Re: Good Look At New Imperial Pilot, R2-Q2

Postby StoutFiles » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:01 pm

It's dumb that R2-Q2 is even in this set. The V-wing uses a Q7 series droid which looks nothing like a R2 unit. The Q7 series is sperical and they try to emulate that by putting only the dome on the ship.

They should have made a full Q7 droid instead.
StoutFiles
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:02 am

Re: Good Look At New Imperial Pilot, R2-Q2

Postby mikado » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:44 pm

i went to wookiepedia and it looks like a normal r2 astromech droid to me
mikado
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:11 am

Re: Good Look At New Imperial Pilot, R2-Q2

Postby Tyrant » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:51 pm

I like the set. I've got a few of the Republic ones and these will make an interesting change. I really like that pilot and I am pleased to see that the set comes with a complete droid and not just a dome top. Also nice to see one in a new color (unless I missed one like this elsewhere, entirely possible). I'll be getting a few of these.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:22 pm
Location: Korriban

Re: Good Look At New Imperial Pilot, R2-Q2

Postby Solo » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:11 pm

Mofo Jones wrote:Well, I'm sure there are other astromechs with the same colors that don't have the same name.

While that is probably true, R2-Q2 has been listed by name through various sources in each of those roles specifically. It's the "galactic trailer park" concept at the core of Star Wars. Huge galaxy with hundreds of planets, but everyone is either related to, has worked with, fought against, was a roommate of, or somehow encountered everyone else at one point or another. It's six degrees of Kevin Bacon: Darth Vader edition, and you could probably cut it down to three steps.

And StoutFiles: I'm pretty sure the Q7 droids were only invented because the artist who drew the cross section book didn't want to figure out how to fit a real Astromech into the picture after the grief stirred up with the N-1 droid socket. ;)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:53 am
Location: right here

Re: Good Look At New Imperial Pilot, R2-Q2

Postby Draykov » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:23 pm

StoutFiles wrote:It's dumb that R2-Q2 is even in this set. The V-wing uses a Q7 series droid which looks nothing like a R2 unit. The Q7 series is sperical and they try to emulate that by putting only the dome on the ship.

They should have made a full Q7 droid instead.


I don't care if the droid has any relevance to the set it comes in. I'm just happy to have it.
Hail Space!
Image
Draykov
 
Posts: 1777
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:14 pm
Location: Lone Star

Re: Good Look At New Imperial Pilot, R2-Q2

Postby ccandgc » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:36 pm

Draykov wrote:
StoutFiles wrote:It's dumb that R2-Q2 is even in this set. The V-wing uses a Q7 series droid which looks nothing like a R2 unit. The Q7 series is sperical and they try to emulate that by putting only the dome on the ship.

They should have made a full Q7 droid instead.


I don't care if the droid has any relevance to the set it comes in. I'm just happy to have it.


+1^. Even if it's not "accurate" per se, it will be a nice addition. :roll:
-Chad
ccandgc
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:44 pm
Location: San Diego, PRK

Re: Good Look At New Imperial Pilot, R2-Q2

Postby Mofo Jones » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:23 am

Solo wrote:
Mofo Jones wrote:Well, I'm sure there are other astromechs with the same colors that don't have the same name.

While that is probably true, R2-Q2 has been listed by name through various sources in each of those roles specifically. It's the "galactic trailer park" concept at the core of Star Wars. Huge galaxy with hundreds of planets, but everyone is either related to, has worked with, fought against, was a roommate of, or somehow encountered everyone else at one point or another. It's six degrees of Kevin Bacon: Darth Vader edition, and you could probably cut it down to three steps.


ROFL! It's moments like wow, they're on Tatooine...again...that made me glance at my watch during my first viewing of AOTC back in 2002. I know that R2-Q2 has been listed in all of those roles - I read the Wookieepedia entry. And I agree about the "galactic trailer park" concept as well. Makes for easy, if lazy storytelling.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:56 pm
Location: Shawnee, KS

Re: Good Look At New Imperial Pilot, R2-Q2

Postby theone » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:39 am

i love it but can't be bothered to get whole set so i'll just by it in the internet
theone
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:08 am


Return to Star Wars

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests