Earn Double the VIP Points on everly shop.LEGO.com purchase!  Valid April 1-15, 2014.

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Holiday Shopping Begins: Double VIP Points and Free Shipping at LEGO Shop@Home

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Holiday Shopping Begins: Double VIP Points and Free Shipping at LEGO Shop@Home

Postby Staff » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:39 am

Double VIP Points and Free Shipping

We all know holiday shopping can be a bore, and if you're lazy like me, the cost of convenience is sometimes worth not having to drive, waste gas, pollute the air, deal with traffic, deal with lines, deal with out of stock situations where you have to drive to another store, etc. And when that cost is free? Heck, it's a no brainer. Add the bonus of getting DOUBLE VIP points and you get LEGO Shop@Home's current promotion. Yep, US and Canada LEGO Shop@Home now offers double VIP points and FREE Shipping now through 11:59pm EST December 13, 2010. There's some fine print so be sure to check out the site for all the details.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/10/18/holiday-shopping-begins-double-vip-points-and-free-shipping-at-lego-shophome/
Staff

Re: Holiday Shopping Begins: Double VIP Points and Free Ship

Postby deco_droid » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:00 pm

Hmmm -- Okay, let me get this straight -- I get free shipping and double points if I spend $100 on..... NON-DISCOUNTED, REGULARLY PRICED LEGO? NO FOOLIN'??? :facepalm:
Sorry, I love ya, TLG, but good deals are not your specialty -- I'll wait for those delicious Amazon discounts, thank you very much! ;)

"this isn't a signature, but it sure looks like one..."
deco_droid

Postby Draykov » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:56 pm

Hey, double VIP points help to offset the cost of tax if you have LEGO brick-and-mortar representation in your state. That combined with free shipping and it's not really a bad deal, particularly for larger sets that you're not likely to find anywhere else, let alone on sale. It's better than nothing, I say.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby banthafodder » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:07 am

Got my Christmas shopping done and a buttload of VIP points without leaving my chair. Good deal to me.
banthafodder

Postby deco_droid » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:35 am

hmmm, so it's basically 10% off -- yah, it's better than nothing, but still -- not worth blowing your entire christmas spending wad over. last year amazon had the death star for $50 off, of course with free shipping and no tax. if i buy a death star from lego today, i get a $35 discount on my NEXT purchase, so actually buying the death star gets me no discount -- d'oh!

unless all you buy is exclusive, huge sets, the lego vip deal is just not all that great. sure, thanks for mentioning it, but don't overstate how awesome it is, please.

now a far more lucrative deal is using the toys r us credit card and reward cards. you get discounts for freaking doing nothing. i average $20 or $30 of free lego every month. yes, you have tru's infamous higher prices, but most (if not all) of the lego i buy from them is during sales, so that extra cost can be negated. you're welcome.

XD

"this is not a signature, but it sure looks like one..."
deco_droid

Postby Tyrant » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:18 am

deco_droid wrote:now a far more lucrative deal is using the toys r us credit card and reward cards. you get discounts for freaking doing nothing. i average $20 or $30 of free lego every month. yes, you have tru's infamous higher prices, but most (if not all) of the lego i buy from them is during sales, so that extra cost can be negated. you're welcome.

Is this the same rewards card that only gives you half points if anything in your purchase is discounted? The same one that takes $150 to get a $5 off coupon? The same one that splits up your rewards so you can't use them all at once? Or is it some other rewards card that no one in the store has ever told me about? This is on top of the sets having a higher starting price and having to either drive to the store (in my case over an hour drive) or having to jump on the sale online the moment it goes live (and even then still getting screwed most of the time). I'll stick with the one that offers convenience. I do put a value on that.

The S@H deal may not be awesome, but it beats the usual deal from S@H (you know, no deal at all). They have a sale and all you do is complain? Are there better deals elsewhere? Sure. Does anybody else (maybe Amazon?) sell every available set, including all of the various store exclusives in one place? Not that I know of. I can drive around to at least two different stores (TRU and Target, 3 if I am after a WM exclusive) and waste time and gas, on the hope that they are having a sale (I am aware that at this moment the WM SW exclusive is on sale, this is a fluke) or go to one one week and go to another the next week as they stagger their sales. Or I can order them all from one place that at the moment has free shipping, normally has a better points program than TRU (Target and WM have no points programs at all, making them inferior by default) but at the moment has an even better points scheme. I won't cheer this sale but I sure won't complain about it when they really have no need to ever offer a sale.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby deco_droid » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:53 pm

sorry tyrant -- i did mention the tru rewards card (marginal deals), but the real deals ($20-30 a month) are from using the tru credit card -- i guess that's the one no one ever told you about. ;)

considering the fact that you say you live over an hour from a tru store though, you wouldn't be at the top of my list of people to suggest using the tru credit card. move along, move along...

"this is not a signature, but it sure looks like one..."
deco_droid

Postby etcknight » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:17 am

I think I may have misunderstood the promotion. Is it supposed to be double VIP points + free shipping through December? Or were double VIP points only for October?
etcknight

Postby onions » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:08 pm

they had it for only october but this is a new promotion that extends double points through december 13.

i stand corrected, the way they worded the promo it sounded like it was both, but now it seems it's only free shipping.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby etcknight » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:15 am

onions wrote:they had it for only october but this is a new promotion that extends double points through december 13.

i stand corrected, the way they worded the promo it sounded like it was both, but now it seems it's only free shipping.

:( :'( :( :'( :( :'(
etcknight

Return to Finds/Deals