Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

10-10-10 Smoked Chicken

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

10-10-10 Smoked Chicken

Postby SavaTheAggie » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:09 pm

It was a complete experiment. I saw a sale in one of the weekly ads and noticed just how cheap dark meat chicken was this week (some $0.39 a pound). I hate dark meat chicken. With a passion I hate it. But I do like it smoked.

So I decided to make a BBQ style buffalo wing using drumsticks instead of wings.

After brining for a few hours, I smoked the chicken drumsticks for two hours in a 300 degree smoker in cherry wood smoke. Afterward we removed the chicken skin (cause we don't eat it), mopped on our Sava family BBQ sauce and stuck the drumsticks under the broiler. After a few minutes we flipped them and broiled the other side.

We served them with sides of baked potato, roasted corn, and baked beans, with home made Halloween themed rice krispie treats for desert.

Awesome day.

You may all hate me now. Gooooood... Release your anger, only your hatred can destroy me!

--Tony
It's a long row to hoe
When the seeds that you sow
Grow by the wicked moon
SavaTheAggie

Re: 10-10-10 Smoked Chicken

Postby banthafodder » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:35 am

So when are we going to have the big FBTB Texas BBQ at Tony's?
banthafodder

Re: 10-10-10 Smoked Chicken

Postby Daz Hoo » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:12 am

I would seriously consider driving down from Montreal, Canada, if Tony was to organize a big FBTB barbecue. Seriously.
Daz Hoo

Return to BCS 2.0