Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: [NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby hockeyboy89 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:11 pm

Robzula wrote:
hockeyboy89 wrote:I believe the scene where they are ecsorting Palpatine and Vader back from Mustafar has the republic colors.

I thought I was going crazy... I remembered seeing it at one time but I can't find that scene anywhere. I don't own the dvd so I had to check YouTube, but one guy had the whole movie uploaded, so I don't know what to say. It wasn't in the deleted scenes either. If you can find it, I'd love to see it.

At the 2:04:12 mark you clearly see the red from the Republic V Wing. Ta da!!!!
hockeyboy89

Postby Robzula » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:29 pm

mr_joshua wrote:Is it me or do all the sets (minus v-wing) seem like they have more minifigs than usual?

That's kinda their new thing with Star Wars lately. I wouldn't have a complaint if it didn't mean rereleases like the same-as-the-old-one-but-smaller-but-has-20-minifigs AT-AT are getting smaller but staying the same price\going up in price past the point where inflation plays its part. Don't get me wrong, I'm cool with remakes, but not if they're gonna do it like that.

Also something I found kinda funny, in a recent email, they had the Top 10 Themes list with a little quote about them from fans underneath, and they were all "Fun play features!" or "Cool models!" except Star Wars, which had "Cool minifigs!"
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:30 pm

Robzula wrote: seen in the movie in Imperial colors and making the model have Imperial colors. They are perfectly right with either color scheme, I think they're just trying to appeal to OT fans as well with this.

I blinked and missed it...literally. I had to rewatch a second time, then a third to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. Still a meh. haha
Gooker1

Postby Mofo Jones » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:23 pm

Robzula wrote: (on an even more side note, I want to see the OT re-filmed to look this way with the script left unchanged but the battles made a little more.... awesome, if that's possible)

Maybe this deserves a separate topic, but IMO, as a fan, Lucas has tweaked the OT enough as is, so I'd rather not see him go down this path. I'd rather see the live action series or Episodes VII-IX first.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby THX 1138 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:54 am

After seeing the pics, I'm a bit more excited about 2011. The battle packs looks great. The vehicles don't look too special, but they don't look bad either. The minifigs, however, look great! I'll probably try to get several clone BPs, and I'll probably use the parts from one of the Mandos to make a Jango Fett. The Battle of Naboo set looks good for what it is, although I would have preferred a Flash Speeder. I'm glad we're getting some Gungans, however, since I never got any. The V-Wing looks like one of the less interesting ones. The ship itself looks pretty good, but I would have preferred one in Republic colors. The minifigs for look okay, but not great. The bounty hunter ship looks like it could be one of the best. I like the shape of ship, and although I'm not too big on that color scheme, it'll hopefully improve by the time it's released. The figs for that one look great. The T-6 Shuttle doesn't look like all that good of a set, but it's got some of the best figs of all. Not sure if I'll be getting this one or not. I am a bit disappointed at the lack of OT sets. Hopefully there'll be some as exclusives.
Do a barrel roll!
THX 1138

Postby Darth Jokar » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:13 am

These sets don't look to bad. I do hope that they fix the clone battle pack. And I know there's more than six sets coming out. I wonder what exclusives TRU, target and walmart will have.
Get on your knee's and tell me you love me...
Darth Jokar

Postby Peoples_General » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:19 pm

If they make Mandalorians... I will be hoarding those and adding them into my ORIGIN armies!
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=PeoplesGeneral
Peoples_General

Postby Master Fetty » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:19 pm

Mofo Jones wrote:
Robzula wrote: (on an even more side note, I want to see the OT re-filmed to look this way with the script left unchanged but the battles made a little more.... awesome, if that's possible)

Maybe this deserves a separate topic, but IMO, as a fan, Lucas has tweaked the OT enough as is, so I'd rather not see him go down this path. I'd rather see the live action series or Episodes VII-IX first.

A remade OT would fail. The charm, the coolness, even the wit, would be gone.

And the battles are awesome, especially VI.
Master Fetty

Postby BobaFett » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:28 pm

The Mando battle packs are calling me. I might pick up 2 or 3.
BobaFett

Postby mrfootball » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:29 pm

I don't see any OT stuff in the 2011 assortment. What are they going to have to appease us?
mrfootball

Postby cas » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:19 pm

mrfootball wrote:I don't see any OT stuff in the 2011 assortment. What are they going to have to appease us?

We get to keep our money.

But seriously, OT fans get a pretty nice shuttle this fall, and I'm sure there will be plenty of OT sets next year to keep us happy.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Aharown » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:40 pm

These sets look pretty nice, actually. The battle packs both look very good, as well as the bounty hunter ship.

Is it just me, or does Aurra Sing and the Mandalorian have new blaster pistols with scopes? They certainly look shorter than the regular ones.
<><
Aharown

Postby THX 1138 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:21 pm

Aharown wrote:Is it just me, or does Aurra Sing and the Mandalorian have new blaster pistols with scopes? They certainly look shorter than the regular ones.

It sure looks like they do
Do a barrel roll!
THX 1138

Postby Draykov » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:06 pm

Hadn't seen pictures of these in this size...still preliminary though, so take 'em with a grain of salt.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47339318@N ... 035525357/
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby The Brain » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:34 pm

It looks like they used the Endor rebel trooper torso for the prelim Gungan warrior torso pic...curious that they didn't use the old warrior torso.

I do like the fact that all the Mandalorians look homogeneous though. They all look like Neo-Crusaders, or the guys from KOTOR. Or 4 Jango Fett copycats, whichever you prefer. The actual extra bits in the Mando pack are extremely lame though. Most four years olds can seriously piece together better tablescraps than that. The speeder on the clone one isn't anything amazing, but at least it doesn't look as awful.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby mikado » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:47 pm

mikado

Postby The Brain » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:13 pm

Yes. Just like Draykov linked to above...
The Brain

Postby HoosierZephyr » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:01 am

I did not see this brought up in the thread, unless I missed it but, why is Aurra Sing in the Halo set? She was not in that episode or associated with that ship, Sugi was. I am all for a Aurra Sing minifig but maybe they need to do another set for her.
HoosierZephyr

Postby The Brain » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:24 pm

I felt the same way. I could've sworn I posted something similar to what you say, but I guess not. Ah well. It is odd that she's in that set, unless the Halo makes a new appearance sometime later in the third season, in an episode including her. Regardless, and Aurra Sing figure is an Aurra Sing figure. I'm not going to complain too much.
The Brain

Postby Robzula » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:24 pm

Well, she was only shown with Slave 1 in the series, and I don't think they're quite to the point of rereleasing sets within months of each other, even if it would be in Jango's color scheme, so the Halo\"Bounty Hunter Transport" would be the best bet.
Robzula
Staff Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars