OK, so here's my wishlist/predictions for the 2011 sets. Some of these are based on what I realistically think LEGO will produce, some are based on what I'd like, and some a combination of the two.
- Two battlepacks will come out. Since LEGO has been alternating back and forth between OT and PT/CW and 2010 was an OT year, these battlepacks will likely be PT based. Some form of clones is a safe bet. Which droids will be used is debatable, but Super Battle Droids, Magna-Guards, and of course regular droids are all likely options.
- I'd like to see a smaller-sized ($15-$25) OT set. Since both the Cloud Car and T-16 Skyhopper have only seen one release in LEGO history, and those were both well over 5 years ago, I wouldn't mind seeing either of them.
- Since LEGO has been updating it's TIE collection (First Vader's TIE, then the TIE Defender), I predict another new TIE will be forthcoming. I'd really like to see the TIE Bomber, since LEGO has only ever released one other version, and that was back in 2003. Of course, a regular TIE Fighter would be welcome as well, since we haven't seen it since 2005.
-There will be 2-3 Clone Wars sets, likely based off of ships from the upcoming season. As I don't follow the show, I can't even hazard a guess as to what they might be, but if there's one thing that show is good for, it's creating new ships and characters to produce licensed content off of.
- We may possibly see a small OT-based playset, similar to this year's Echo base. Perhaps it'll be something Death Star (either one) related, although a Dagobah Swamp/Yoda's Hut Playset could be fun (and possibly used as an excuse to release a new, more expensive X-Wing).
We all know LEGO like's to save it's big sets for fall release...
- I predict at least one mid-scale capital ship, similar to the ISD, Tantive IV, Republic Cruiser, and Venator sets already released. Personally, I'd like to see either the Home One or Liberty Mon Cal ships released (It's really what that Home One set we got should have been in the first place). I'd imagine the Black Hand is also a viable option. The Rebel Medium Transport and Nebulon-B are pipe-dream options, but I doubt LEGO will ever actually make them.
- Perhaps a new Y-Wing or B-Wing, since we haven't seen a new one since 2007 and 2006, respectively. I also wouldn't mind seeing a new Millenium Falcon similar in size/scale to the older ones (7190 and 4504).
- A couple larger-sized PT/CW sets. Perhaps another Jedi Intereptor is in order, and perhaps another Jedi Starfighter for that matter (Because 3 isn't enough
). I'd like to see LEGO go back to Ep. III and do some Wookie sets again. A new Catamaran would be nice, for instance.
- We'll probably see a new Midi ship. I think the X-Wing and/or Y-Wing are likely options for this, since they're very well known ships (and we haven't seen a NEW X-Wing since 2006).
- I predict we'll see a large ($300+) UCS set, since we haven't seen one since the 2008 Death Star (which is rumored to be discontinued soon). I'd like to see a nice UCS Droid Control Station/Battlecruiser (They're basically the same thing except for a few antennaes on the back). If they were to make this, I (and I think others) would prefer the blue and grey version seen in Ep. III over the plain-grey versions seen in the first two films. If they were to go OT-based, I'd REEEEEEALLY like to see either the Liberty or Home One. However, I really seems like LEGO could care less about these two ships, since even when the released the so-called "Home One" set, it had nothing to do with the actual ship. Stop Hating the Mon Calimari, LEGO, their fleet was the backbone of the Rebel Alliance and the sole reason the attack at Endor succeeded.
- I think the "other" UCS set will actually be another playset. Most likely, it'll be one of the "Playset-scaled" ships like Tantive IV and ISD, as mentioned above. However, they could also release some sort of Cloud City set, perhaps containing the aforementioned new Cloud Car. I think a more likely option, though, would be something PT/CW-based. There are plenty of battles and scenes that they could do. Perhaps a Black-Hand set similar to the Home One set we got with a new Jedi Interceptor as well as scenery for the Bridge Battle along with plenty of minifigs.
- Finally, and this really falls purely under "I Wish" category, would be a new, improved version of the TIE collection that gives us two TIE FIghters, a TIE Interceptor, and TIE Bomber, all in the new black & grey color scheme, for oh, say, a cool $99.99. I'd hit that. I'd hit it hard.