Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Lego S@H New Star Wars Sets available!

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Lego S@H New Star Wars Sets available!

Postby sadowsk1 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:41 am

Not much more to say than that, they are all available online now with free shipping on orders over 75 bucks!
sadowsk1

Re: Lego S@H New Star Wars Sets available!

Postby GIR3691 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:22 am

Nice find! Frontpaged.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby mr_joshua » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:42 am

To all that are still wanting the free spaceman magnet, I just completed an order and used catalog code V001 (Thats vee, zero, zero, one) and got it added to my order for free!

Ace, please update the front page post.

And thanks of course for the heads up...my Slave one is on its way!!
mr_joshua

Postby BlueDragonZ » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:07 am

If anyone is in Canada, the 8128 Cad Bane's Speeder is listed at $39.99 CAD. The American retail price is $49.99 USD. I'm pretty sure its another Canadian price error so order it now!
BlueDragonZ

Postby UOldPirate » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:25 am

mr_joshua wrote:To all that are still wanting the free spaceman magnet, I just completed an order and used catalog code V001 (Thats vee, zero, zero, one) and got it added to my order for free!...

Thanks for posting the catalog code. I tried placing an order this morning with the USSM code and it was no longer valid. I just did another order with the V001 code and the magnet was added. Hopefully they still have the spacemen to go with the code. Thanks again.
UOldPirate

Postby winbrant » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:36 am

BlueDragonZ wrote:If anyone is in Canada, the 8128 Cad Bane's Speeder is listed at $39.99 CAD. The American retail price is $49.99 USD. I'm pretty sure its another Canadian price error so order it now!

Thanks for the heads up! Pretty good for a Target Exclusive that we probably might not see at Zeller's...or we will at CDN$60+
winbrant

Postby gunoz » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:17 pm

Isn't it a bit odd that all the new sets are listed under SW Classic not Clone Wars? :facepalm:

Anyway, went to the Lego store in Roosevelt Field NY yesterday, they had all the new sets so I was able to pick up Cad Bane's Speeder and the Midi Imperial Star Destroyer, which were the last of the new sets I was missing. The woman I spoke to said they had just come in. For most of the sets there was only one box on the shelves, but walking around the store I did see more of some SW sets stacked up waiting to be put out. Plus they still had the space magnets, so that was a nice little bonus, I figured they'd be out of them by now.

Strangely I've yet to find Luke's Landspeeder in any brick 'n mortar store, guess it's time to order it online.
gunoz

Postby vynsane » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:43 pm

gunoz wrote:Strangely I've yet to find Luke's Landspeeder in any brick 'n mortar store, guess it's time to order it online.

I've seen it once in upstate NY... and it was MINE. Thankfully I jumped on it, as I've not seen it since.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby banthafodder » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:14 pm

They had a boat load at comic con but that's about as useful as a pork chop at a vegan fest.
banthafodder

Postby UOldPirate » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:13 pm

gunoz wrote:Isn't it a bit odd that all the new sets are listed under SW Classic not Clone Wars? :facepalm:

Yeah, Lego can't seem to get the categories straight. They did that before with the clone walker and assassin droid battle packs when they came out and I'm pretty sure there has been more. However, it looks like they are fixing it. Right now only the AT-AT and Palpatine's Shuttle are in the wrong place.
UOldPirate

Postby Dendo » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:04 pm

I find it interesting that their prices are the same as at TRU. What happened to the infamous markup? I'm not complaining, of course, unless it is TLG that has done the marking up...
Dendo

Postby ie10421 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:14 pm

In reference to Luke's Landspeeder, a couple months ago the manager at my local Lego store said that they decided to keep that as an online only item, unofficially. They were having too many inventory problems trying to keep it in stock at the stores. So it's just easier for the stores to do shop 'n ship. I don't know if it was just a temporary thing or not.
ie10421

Postby ricefields » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:15 pm

mr_joshua wrote:To all that are still wanting the free spaceman magnet, I just completed an order and used catalog code V001 (Thats vee, zero, zero, one) and got it added to my order for free!

Ace, please update the front page post.

And thanks of course for the heads up...my Slave one is on its way!!

Unfortunately does not work for canadian orders but $20 off (at least) the cad bane speeder is better!
ricefields

Postby Blacknight » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:25 pm

For Canadian orders, use code V101 to get the space man.
Blacknight

Postby AriGold » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:00 pm

Just called Shop at Home to include the space man magnet with my order I placed earlier today but the sales assoc. said they ran out of the Space man magnet set just yesterday.
she said they had a tonne of orders placed the last week just so buyers could get the space man.

Oh well, I tried.
AriGold

Postby legomatt » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:18 pm

Dendo wrote:I find it interesting that their prices are the same as at TRU. What happened to the infamous markup? I'm not complaining, of course, unless it is TLG that has done the marking up...

(highlighting by me)

I think you hit the nail on the head... I suspect Lego saw the mark up that others were doing and simply figured 'why don't we have some of that?'. On a slight tangent, now we have definitive $US prices, those £UK prices are reeeally starting to feel mean: $25 = £25, $80 = £80.
Instead of proper pricing for the UK market/economy, lately they just seem to randomly knock off a fiver on the odd set (and then pinch it back on others). Yes there's different tax codes and whatever (all around the world), but they still don't amount to an extra 50% whack on a currency's value.
*deep breath and smile*
:S :)
legomatt

Postby BlueDragonZ » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:38 pm

winbrant wrote:
BlueDragonZ wrote:If anyone is in Canada, the 8128 Cad Bane's Speeder is listed at $39.99 CAD. The American retail price is $49.99 USD. I'm pretty sure its another Canadian price error so order it now!

Thanks for the heads up! Pretty good for a Target Exclusive that we probably might not see at Zeller's...or we will at CDN$60+

Your most welcome! I say this set will be $65-$70. Even at $40, its still expensive but cheaper than American retail.
BlueDragonZ

Postby Blacknight » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:20 pm

I can't believe the Canadian price on the Slave I and especially Clone Turbo Tank ($160!). :shock: Especially because those are remakes of sets I already have, it's hard to justify springing for them unless they go on sale, massively. And this is not a case of complaining about international price differences because even in the US the CTT is $120 or so. Nobody in the world is getting the 2010 Lego SW cheap.
Blacknight

Postby hatcher » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:58 am

I ordered 2, since I am tired of missing all the good Canadian price errors. :) As of this morning, Cad Bane's speeder is the the number 2 top seller on shop at home (at least in Canada) and still priced at $39.99.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby ka.lego » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:30 pm

Found a Cad Bane Speeder at Target today. I really wasn't planning on picking it up, but something about it being the only new set sitting amongst piles of Snow Trooper Army Packs, Rebel Trooper Army Packs, and Echo Bases just Forced my hand. (Pun intended.) Anyone else finding the Speeder a little flimsy? It is a cool little set, but I definitely felt the guilt pang when I realized I'd dropped $50 on it. Hmm... I'm starting to remember why my recently-ended-8-year dark age began in the first place.
ka.lego

Next

Return to Finds/Deals