Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[USA] Target Clearance - Wal-Mart Soon?

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: Target clearance

Postby darthsantkuyl » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:55 pm

darthsantkuyl wrote:there at the one I work at too. its all going to be different because we have a discontinued Item and then if there is too much or too little of a product instock it will go clearance. It was pretty amazing a year ago I say a set for 85% off. so you never know but they are legoes so the'll go fast.

prices can be theoretically different at each store it all depends on the amount of a certain product in stock
I lost my glasses and all I got was this lousy Megablok
darthsantkuyl

Re: [USA] Target Clearance - Wal-Mart Soon?

Postby darthsantkuyl » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:59 pm

onions wrote:i never see the clearance tag either. they usually just move the clearance stuff away to the endcaps or the clearance aisle and rarely put the tags on the shelves.

It really depends on if there is enough of other items then the other items are flexed in and the clearance items are moved to the endcaps. oh and the little red markers are only used to cover up the regular price in a regular Aisle
I lost my glasses and all I got was this lousy Megablok
darthsantkuyl

Postby ILikePi » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:43 pm

A quick recon mission today to two different Targets revealed these results:

(Click for more info)

They were all at 30% off. I'm going to wait for the 50% deals to start kicking in before splashing the cash on some of these sales. :)

thepatient wrote:Always check the scan to make sure. This is the time of year when older sets go on clearance, I can almost set my calender by it. They want to make room for the new sets making their way in for the end of July and the start of August. Starting at the beginning of July, I make sure I have an excuse to check out Target on Sundays when the weekly sale cycle starts. Once in a while I get some crazy deals- once I got the 7905 Tower Crane which was on clearance for $25.00, but when I scanned it- it was $12.50. That was a deal breaker for me since it was over $50.00 at SRP. I originally didn't think about getting it, but it turned out to be one of my favorite sets. Always try to do some double checking. You never know what things will come up as.
I saw a single copy of 7627 Temple of the Crystal Skull just sitting on the shelves last year. There was a clearance tag on it - I believe it was around $65 - but it was still too much for me. I then decided, just for fun, to scan the barcode. And guess what? It showed up as $40! I was one happy LEGO fan that day. XD
ILikePi

Postby popnfresh » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:15 pm

i got a few pirate tanks, venator and y wing for 30% in socal

seal beach/long beach area
popnfresh

Postby kojitator » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:17 pm

Swung by the two Targets near me today.
Both had Power Miners on clearance (one store at 33% off, one store at 50% off)
Both had some Racers sets on clearance (33% off)
One had Ben10 on clearance (33% off), and the other did not
Both had the Venator at 30% off, but no other Star Wars sets on clearance.
kojitator

Postby bigkid24 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:50 pm

Oh man I'm dying to get a Venator for 30% off and to a lessor extent the Y-wing. I haven't found much but I did get a Separatist Shuttle for $20.98.
bigkid24

Postby ufjason » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:22 pm

Found a venator, alliance tank droid, pirate tank, hyena bomber for 50% yesterday. There were other themes at 50% but POP was only 30%. Sadly I haven't found an Endor set for half off so I'm just going to bit the 30% off since the set is so desirable. In chatting with the checkout girl, she said that company wide, Thursdays are the days they markdown the toy department. My experience in to the contrary but I was at her store earlier in the week and found the lower price yesterday. If you find any IJ Temple of Dooms, I'd snag them at 30% before they disappear forever.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby Thundarr » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:53 am

If you live in Utah, don't bother hunting for the Temple of Doom. Yesterday evening, I had a store do a DPCI search = Nada, zilch, zip. The reason I asked for the search was because I found a lonely TOD up in Ogden that had been reduced on Friday to 50% off and I wanted to find out if any other stores still had it. I wasn't going to buy them all, but at 50% off I would have picked up a few more and made an extended mine cart track out of the extra pieces. Ah well, I guess they all sold out at 30% off. I also checked the prices on the Endor set at several area stores and they are all still full price, so maybe we won't be getting them discounted here yet.
Thundarr

Postby Lich_Barrister » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:50 am

I just have to say as a Canadian that I seethe with jealousy at this time of the year. It's rough living more than six hours from the border - far enough to not be able to justify a quick jaunt, but close enough to yearn...

$12.50 USD for the Tower Crane in days of yore? I thought I was lucky to get two for $90 CDN! (Well, I was, but still!)
Lich_Barrister

Postby thepatient » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:15 am

I just want to make a note to Brain and onions here; Notice the label on the shelf in ILikePi's pictures? Notice the sticker in the top right-hand corner of the boxes? That is exactly the way it is done at my target.

This isn't "I told you so"-just to be clear. It is just a picture that shows where I was coming from in my discription.

I'm surprised about the Temple of Doom sets. That went on clearance at my Target back in January at 30% off :|
Last edited by thepatient on Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby jcwilli » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:38 pm

I just wish I lived in a less Lego hungry town. 30% is the best you can get if it gets that low!
Bellingham WA
jcwilli

Postby The Brain » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:16 pm

thepatient wrote:I just want to make a note to Brain and onions here; Notice the label on the shelf in ILikePi's pictures? Notice the sticker in the top right-hand corner? That is exactly the way it is done at my target.

This isn't "I told you so"-just to be clear. It is just a picture that shows where I was coming from in my discription.

Gotcha. This makes much more sense to me (I thought you were saying that the stickers were on the boxes themselves), but I still have never seen this at a Target. I'm going to try to go to a local one this week, but I probably won't be able to.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby Thundarr » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:17 pm

jcwilli wrote:I just wish I lived in a less Lego hungry town. 30% is the best you can get if it gets that low!
Bellingham WA

LOL - I used to live up there! It actually wasn't too bad up in WA in the early days of SW LEGO. I moved away in 2004, so I don't know how bad its gotten. I remember picking up the Tantive IV UCS and lots of other sets for 75% off at Target. KB Toys was great for clearance too - got a few Yoda sculptures for about 20 bucks a pop. Do they still have that little bitty TRU up in B-town?
Thundarr

Postby onions » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:19 pm

thepatient wrote:I just want to make a note to Brain and onions here; Notice the label on the shelf in ILikePi's pictures? Notice the sticker in the top right-hand corner? That is exactly the way it is done at my target.

I'm surprised about the Temple of Doom sets. That went on clearance at my Target back in January at 30% off :|

oh i was never disputing your claim, but there is one target near my house that doesn't use those tags at all on the lego aisle.

went on a small target run today; found everything mentioned here, including prince of persia, at the 30% off level.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby BlueDragonZ » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:33 pm

Thundarr wrote:LOL - I used to live up there! It actually wasn't too bad up in WA in the early days of SW LEGO. I moved away in 2004, so I don't know how bad its gotten. I remember picking up the Tantive IV UCS and lots of other sets for 75% off at Target. KB Toys was great for clearance too - got a few Yoda sculptures for about 20 bucks a pop. Do they still have that little bitty TRU up in B-town?

The ToysRUs in Bellingham next to Bellis Fair shutted down along with many other ToysRUs in the country 4 years ago (Jan 2006). The closest ones are all the way up in Canada, Surrey or down in Seeatle. :(

jcwilli wrote:I just wish I lived in a less Lego hungry town. 30% is the best you can get if it gets that low!
Bellingham WA

There are 2 other Targets in the area (3 in total) so you might wanna check those. Alternatively, you can buy the sets first in case they are all gone. Then wait until you see 50% off and then bring your receipt for a price adjustment.
BlueDragonZ

Postby onions » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:39 pm

Target typacally does not price adjustments on clearance items. There was a rumor that a certain amount of time has to pass between the purchase the date and the clearance date.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Thundarr » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:20 am

You can also buy the item at 30% off, wait for the 50% off, then return your item right before Target closes for the night. Then be there right when the store opens the next day and you will find your returned item back on the shelf, only now you will get 50% off the price. Good Luck! :D

BlueDragonZ wrote:
Thundarr wrote:LOL - I used to live up there! It actually wasn't too bad up in WA in the early days of SW LEGO. I moved away in 2004, so I don't know how bad its gotten. I remember picking up the Tantive IV UCS and lots of other sets for 75% off at Target. KB Toys was great for clearance too - got a few Yoda sculptures for about 20 bucks a pop. Do they still have that little bitty TRU up in B-town?

The ToysRUs in Bellingham next to Bellis Fair shutted down along with many other ToysRUs in the country 4 years ago (Jan 2006). The closest ones are all the way up in Canada, Surrey or down in Seeatle. :(

Aww, too bad about that TRU - it was small compared to most, but was pretty good for older LEGO sets - I remember finding all of the Castle Dark Forest sets from 1996 up there around 2002! Up until the late 90s or so, they even still had the classic 80s aisle configuration too, which brought back alot of childhood memories. :)
Thundarr

Postby vman100 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:57 pm

Thundarr wrote:You can also buy the item at 30% off, wait for the 50% off, then return your item right before Target closes for the night. Then be there right when the store opens the next day and you will find your returned item back on the shelf, only now you will get 50% off the price. Good Luck! :D

Not sure they would enforce it, but I noticed today the returns policy says clearance items are refunded at clearance price - so if you return it they technically could only give you the 50% amount as refund. Not sure they'd really do that if you have a receipt, but they would be in their rights too.
vman100

Postby etcknight » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:05 pm

Called around So Cal OC Targets yesterday and still at 30% off. Lego's really exploded in popularity over the last few years, so clearance items go fast and furious. You're lucky if anything is left even at 30%. Not like years past where you could still find good picks at 50% and 75% off.
etcknight

Postby popnfresh » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:59 pm

etcknight wrote:Called around So Cal OC Targets yesterday and still at 30% off. Lego's really exploded in popularity over the last few years, so clearance items go fast and furious. You're lucky if anything is left even at 30%. Not like years past where you could still find good picks at 50% and 75% off.

i remember when i got the original 7163 republic gunship for 50% off, just a pile of them sitting on the floor at TRU

times have really changed
popnfresh

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals