Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Licensed Theme Ideas

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: Licensed Theme Ideas 2010

Postby ShockZap » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:20 pm

jedi_master_sal wrote:I know this would conflict with the Batman/DC line and another brick maker currently has the license, but I'd really LOVE to see a LEGO Marvel line.

Likewise, while Megabloks has Halo, I still firmly believe LEGO could have done that franchise much better.

I'd love to see an all minis line. Mini ships/vehicles/buildings, etc. Be a great way to build up a city, but not super expensive. I could build a huge city as my Christmas village to put under/by the Christmas tree every year. But then again, that's not a licensed product.

I don't know if it's been mentioned before but after seeing that Imperial Flagship set, why not a Pirates of the Caribbean line?

Flying Dutchman anyone? Man, the minifigs alone would be great.
It's a good idea, but MegaBloks already did that. There still might be a chance, since Pirates is being discontinued. Welcoem to FBTB, by the way! Be sure to read the rules and make sure to check out the flickr outpost!
I'm probably cooler than all of you combined.

[*Account "temporarily" suspended for excessive rude behavior to other members. Big shocker there - Don]
ShockZap

Postby Draykov » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:12 pm

ShockZap wrote: Welcoem to FBTB, by the way!

Good way to greet a new member! Nice job!

ShockZap wrote: Be sure to read the rules...

Oh...back in the dog-house with you. Sal has demonstrated in a few days a more consistently appropriate posting style than you have in several months, Zappo. Stay out of the mini-mod pool.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby jedi_master_sal » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:20 am

heh heh, well, I'm not trying to outshine anyone. Just another LEGO enthusiast here.

I guess it's my many years of being a collector forumite on several sites though.

Thanks again for the welcome remarks folks.

I didn't realize someone else did POTC. Well that sucks then. I wouldn't think LEGO would take over a license like that then.

I'm still bummed about Halo going to Mega Bloks. I know LEGO used to have a no gun or war type of mentality, but that went out the door with SW, so I don't get the rebuff for Halo. Rolls eyes.

I've seen some amazing Halo customs too, so it's not like it can't be done.
jedi_master_sal

Licensed Theme Ideas

Postby Commander Aero » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:39 pm

Alright, I have come up with some themes that lego should (not would or could) get a license for and make.

1) Get the Batman license back and make a line based on the brave and bold cartoon.
Possible sets are: Bat mobile, bat copter, bat plane, etc. Bat cave, green arrow car, black manta walker and others

2) Secret Satudays.
Possible sets: Air ship, griffin, and the home.

Finally #3 Avatar.
Possible sets: So Many! Vehicles, animals, and landscapes.

Aero
Commander Aero

Postby jedi_master_sal » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:26 pm

I'd love toe see Avatar sets as well, but LEGO would HAVE to ditch the normal minifig mold. The Na'Vi as WAY too tall AND thin for LEGO to use the standard minifig mold.

The ships, colors, locations though, woot!

Man, the flying creatures would be awesome especially the red one.
jedi_master_sal

Postby Master Fetty » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:04 pm

I'm sure LEGO could use the Woody mould for the Na'vi.

I think with Avatar's massive sucess (Golden Globes anyone) and Cameron hinting at a sequel, the third one could happen.
Master Fetty

Re: Licensed Theme Ideas

Postby saq1995 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:55 am

Here are mine:
Harry Potter
Quidditch match- A huge quiddich collectors set made from the old Soccer field with 10 Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff players and a referee. 980 peices, $110

Pivet Drive- Contains the Dursley home with Harry, Dobby, Vernon and Dudley with Vernon's car, a brick build aunt Marge
and lots of owls 500 peices, $50

Azkaban prison- huge prison combining many seens from the movies. Includes Sirius,Sirius dog, Buckbeak, Hagrid, Bellatrix, Lucius and two dementors 750 peices $80

Death Eater Battle pack- four death eaters pretty much says it all $11

Student Battle pack- One from each house $11

Chess battle- Contains a chess set with Harry, Ron, Hermonie and all the chess peices 500 peices, $35

Batman:
Batbot- $10 set with Batman in a robot suit fighting Bane

Batjet- New slicker plane for batman with a polic helicopter and man-bat. Minifigs are Jim Gordon, Batman and Manbat

Rha al ghul's palace-$100 set with Batman/ninja Bruce Wayne, Rha, Talia, 2 ninjas, batgirl, Henry Ducard and Huntress

Mad Hatter attack- Mad Hatter's steam boat with Batman on a jet ski/small submarine

Percy Jackson
Camp truck- Truck they used to travel the country with Annabeth and Percy $12

Hyrda- simply a $25 technic built hydra with Grover minifig and Medusa's head

Half-blood hill- Contains Big house with volleyball field, Archery station, picnic tables and for minifigs Percy, Luke, Annabeth, Mr. D, Chiron and a minifig sized demon Hades

also maybe an Olympus, Underworld, Garden Emporium and a mid-scale parthenon would be nice XD

Pixar-
Carl's house, life size Wall-E, Lightning McQueen, and Omnidroid
saq1995

Postby Marty » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:45 am

So.. we're on this one again?
Okay, I'll bite! My ideas if Lego ever decides to listen, are pretty straight forward and if done right will I'm sure prove a hit with most.

Battlestar Galactica, not the new one, but the old one, vipers, cylon raiders etc, even if they (Lego) only produce 4 sets, these will be a hit.

Next on the list is an easy one given that some of the characters have already been made?
Heroes, sylar, save the cheerleader etc?

A rethink on the Monsters lab, including creature from the black lagoon, the fly, invisible man, the list goes on?

Misc models
Space 1999, Space ship Eagle (worth thinking about?)

Liberator from Blake's 7

Another interesting theme would be doctor who, it's been going since the 60's so most people know about it.
Marty

Postby Forrest » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:55 pm

The Mummy, anybody?
Pink Floyd or bust.
Forrest

Postby Mofo Jones » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:32 am

This may cause some of you to cringe, but I've got a 2 year old who loves her Duplo and is obviously too young for all of my regular LEGO: I've noticed that there is no crossover with licenses between Duplo and regular LEGO. I'm surprised that LEGO hasn't extended any of their licenses into Duplo. Maybe kids wouldn't get it, maybe LEGO is trying to keep it positive, kid friendly, and non-violent...who knows. My experience says that my daughter would go crazy for Duplo sized SW sets, and I'll bet that my 7 month old son will also be a LEGO fan when he gets old enough.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Jargon » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:12 pm

Mofo Jones, you may be pleased to find out that there are DUPLO Toy Story and Cars sets scheduled to be released.
Jargon

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:21 pm

Yes, Lego+Halo=awesome. Plus, everybody knows that Mega Blocks are basically cheap, hack Legos.
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby RocketClone » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:53 pm

A LEGO Clash of The titans would be a hit, or maybe half life. :D
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Postby legochrism » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:01 pm

I'd like to see Lego take up as a licensed theme Georges Simenon's 'Inspector Maigret' series. Sets might include:

The Friend of Madame Maigret. Recreate the little park at the Place d'Anvers where Madame Maigret waits for her appointment with the dentist... and destiny! Includes park bench, flower bed, lamp post and gate, and three minifigs: Madame Maigret, the Woman in the White Hat, and child. $15.

Maigret and the Gangsters. The American gangsters cannot escape French justice! Includes stolen luxury car, small black police car, and four minifigs: Inspector Maigret, Janvier, Tony Cicero, and Bill Larner. $30.

Lock 14. Maigret investigates a murder on the canal. Includes inn with downstairs bar, barge (with horse), rowboat, bicycle and four minifigs: Inspector Maigret, the lock-keeper's daughter, old Jean, and Willy (with 'dead' face printed on reverse of head). $50.

Maigret and the Millionaires. The witnesses are assembled at the Quai des Orfevres - the imposing Headquarters of the Police Judiciare. Includes Maigret's office, complete with pipe collection and old-fashioned stove, interview room, cells, small black police car and the adjoining Brasserie Dauphin, and seven minifigs: Inspector Maigret, Lucas, Lapointe, John Arnold, Olga, the porter and the old flower seller. $100.

And maybe a couple of little impulse sets too: perhaps the 'Man on the Boulevarde', and the murderer Radek at a cafe table.

(I'd buy the lot.)

cheers!
legochrism

Postby Blackknight112 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:08 pm

The lord of thr rings theme would be awsome, perhaps when the hobbit will be released?
Blackknight112

Postby turtle » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:52 am

I'm sort of surprised that no one seems to have mentioned a Starcraft II theme. The original game has been selling for 15 years now, even if Blizzard blows it bigtime the next one will still be a massive hit.
turtle

Postby TheEliteBountyHunter » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:33 am

Dragon Ball

(1)Kame House
4 Minifigures- Kame,Son Goku,Lunch and Kirrin
Price 23.99
321 Pieces
Description:
The Home of the invincible Kame or the Muten Master Roshi were the story of dragon ball started the place were Son Goku and kirrin trained for the Tenkaichi Budokai Strongest under the Heavens Tournament

(2)Tenkaichi Budokai Tournament Arena
10 Minifigures- Son Goku,Yamcha,Tenshinhan,Chaozu,Tenshinhan,The Crane Hermit,Bulma,Kurrin,Kame and the Annoncer
Price 199.99
2,398 Pieces
Description:
The tournament were the greatest of the great face of to see who is the strongest under the heavens

if you dont like dragon ball then you will not under stand any of this so ya i just hope lego will some day have dragon ball and dragon ball kai legos i can dream i made these ups so ya i might think of more
TheEliteBountyHunter

Will we see Marvel Comics LEGO some day?

Postby metalface13 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:26 pm

Considering what was mentioned in this thread
http://www.fbtb.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4246

And that Disney bought Marvel Comics last year, do you think there is any chance we will see some LEGO Marvel stuff in the future? I hope so!
metalface13

Re: Will we see Marvel Comics LEGO some day?

Postby schlectus » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:08 pm

metalface13 wrote:Considering what was mentioned in this thread
http://www.fbtb.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4246

And that Disney bought Marvel Comics last year, do you think there is any chance we will see some LEGO Marvel stuff in the future? I hope so!

I've been a card-carrying X-Men dork my entire life...few things in the world could be cooler than this! There's been so much talk back and forth on various sites (both "it's happening" and even more "it's not happening") that I don't even know what to hope for anymore.
My Bricklink store: Pyramid Deliveries
schlectus

Postby Isaac5 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:04 am

YES! if we get marvel, than wolverine hands!!!!

also id like to see how they do the hulk, since he gets all big.
Isaac5

PreviousNext

Return to Licensed Themes