Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

FBTB MOC Madness 2010 Building Tournament

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: FBTB MOC Madness 2010 Building Tournament

Postby onions » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:44 am

Robzula wrote:We have to have only one picture of the ship for our entry, but is it expected\allowed that we have multiple shots on our flickr accounts to show off all the different features\angles?

it is not expected, but it is allowed. you have to think that people will want to examine your moc through your flickr stream to make an informed decision. sometimes one picture is enough.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Thunder-blade » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:42 am

D'aww no custom figs. :/

Oh well, good way to get back into MOCing.
Thunder-blade

Postby Starbattle10 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:50 am

Can we create a ship for more than 1 bounty hunter? Or does it have to be just for 1?

Thanks,
Starbattle10±
Starbattle10

Postby ~SpyFlops » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:21 am

Bounty Hunters are awesome. I will DEFINITELY be entering this one.
Are sidekicks allowed? (e.g. Zuckuss and 4-LOM)
~SpyFlops

Postby onions » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:09 am

Starbattle10 wrote:Can we create a ship for more than 1 bounty hunter? Or does it have to be just for 1?

Thanks,
Starbattle10±

one entry per person. you can't enter anyway as your join date is after june 29.

~SpyFlops wrote:Bounty Hunters are awesome. I will DEFINITELY be entering this one.

one ship, one bounty hunter.

people, please read the contest rules before asking questions.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:56 am

onions wrote:
Starbattle10 wrote:Can we create a ship for more than 1 bounty hunter? Or does it have to be just for 1?

Thanks,
Starbattle10±

one entry per person. you can't enter anyway as your join date is after July 1.

~SpyFlops wrote:Bounty Hunters are awesome. I will DEFINITELY be entering this one.

one ship, one bounty hunter.

people, please read the contest rules before asking questions.

So, you can't have a speeder come out of a larger ship like Count Dooku's Solar Sailer?
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby carbea » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:08 pm

Sounds like a great contest, I will try to engage with something that is decent. Thanks for organizing this competition, I think an excellent idea and it keeps us more active with bricks. :D
carbea

Postby Cardz » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:52 am

To clarify: Can we enter if our join date is July 1st?
Cardz

Postby onions » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:59 am

Cardz wrote:To clarify: Can we enter if our join date is July 1st?

The Rules wrote:Tournament is open to all registered users of this forum before June 30, 2010 regardless of geographic location.

i can see where the confusion lies. the original launch date of this contest was july 1, but we decided to launch it a day early and i had to change the rules to reflect that. my response to the previous post has been amended from july 1 to june 29.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby MrCRskater » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:41 am

onions wrote:people, please read the contest rules before asking questions.

Amen! I read all through this thread to make sure I was current on all of the "clarifications" only to find that many were asking questions already explicitly defined in the contest rules!

People, when you do not read the rules first and ask obvious questions, you waste the mods' time (having to constantly redirect you to the contest rules), you waste other readers' time (having to read through all of your irrelevant drivel to get to the good stuff), and you waste forum space (this thread could be just 1 - 1 1/2 pages of content at this point, but has been expanded to 3. Fully half of this thread addresses questions that are already defined in the rules).

Wake up!

On another note, this contest does look quite tasty. Props to the mods for coming up with such a fun and unique contest theme and employing a very cool bracket concept. This will be fun!
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:32 pm

Yet, ace still hasn't answered my question...
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby Solo » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:37 pm

Why would that not be allowed?
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:03 pm

I don't know, because he said "only one ship" and that might be considered two ships.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:51 pm

I am a bit confused about the tournament. Does each round encompass building another MOC, like in the CABGO or the Mocathon on Eurobricks? Or is it just separate rounds of voting?
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:11 pm

Oky Wan Kenobi wrote:I am a bit confused about the tournament. Does each round encompass building another MOC, like in the CABGO or the Mocathon on Eurobricks? Or is it just separate rounds of voting?

Haha Oky Wan, didn't know you had an account here. XD

Not to be a snob, but if you look through previous posts and you will find your answer. :)
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:25 pm

Oh, sorry, didn't see that there among all the useless answers. :x And yes, I have an account here, just for special cases like these. XD

Just to be sure: Our bounty hunter can be a droid, right? I came up with a really cool one. Now I just need to make a ship for him.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby KarolRabalski » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:01 pm

NOT GONNA LIE.

I did not know exactly what MOC meant.

I still don't but I read the instructions twice so now I know what to build! :D

Question: I know we have to make a new bounty hunter and ship, but are you allowing people to make like new custom pieces for helmets and stuff? I think it would be kind of unfair to those who can't make their own crazy helmet designs.

But apart from that, I'd totally love to enter this contest. The only thing I had planned for this summer was biking, a music festival and Starcraft II. :P

Good luck everyone!
----like spinning plates---------
KarolRabalski

Postby banthafodder » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:37 pm

KarolRabalski wrote:Question: I know we have to make a new bounty hunter and ship, but are you allowing people to make like new custom pieces for helmets and stuff? I think it would be kind of unfair to those who can't make their own crazy helmet designs.

Rules state that you can only use officially licensed Lego parts and stickers. No modified parts, custom parts, decals, or modified (cut) stickers.
banthafodder

Postby Solo » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:45 pm

ThatGuyWithTheBricks wrote:I don't know, because he said "only one ship" and that might be considered two ships.
A speeder bike isn't a ship.

Oky Wan Kenobi wrote:Just to be sure: Our bounty hunter can be a droid, right?
Nothing wrong with a droid bounty hunter, but keep in mind Ace already specified it has to be basicaly humanoid in form:
onions wrote:the bounty hunter should follow minifig form: legs assembly, torso assembly, head at the minimum. backpack, cape, helmet, hair, weapons, accessories, etc, are optional. you may use droid elements for your minifig.

KarolRabalski wrote:are you allowing people to make like new custom pieces
No.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Joedward » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:59 am

A pre-emptive apology if this is a dumb question, but would it be considered cheating to make a ship that was longer than 48 studs, if it fit inside the baseplate limitations diagonally?
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds