Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Star Wars In Concert

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Star Wars In Concert

Postby dane » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:35 pm

Has anyone been to Star Wars In Concert? It just recently came to my city and it was actually really cool! Anthony Daniels hosts the whole thing and they have a bunch of props and costumes in the lobby. I've never been to a Star Wars "convention" type event, so it was cool seeing that many Star Wars geeks in the same place! If you haven't heard of it, here is the website. http://www.starwarsinconcert.com/
dane

Re: Star Wars In Concert

Postby mandalorian_marshall » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:22 pm

I'm going to see it in Calgary on the 26th. I'm so excited! I'm a fan of orchestral music in general (one look at my iPod can confirm that) and obviously Star Wars, so I expect that I'll have a great time.
dane wrote: ...they have a bunch of props and costumes in the lobby.

Hmm, I didn't know that. I'll have to remember to bring my camera.
dane wrote:I've never been to a Star Wars "convention" type event, so it was cool seeing that many Star Wars geeks in the same place!

I've never been to a Star Wars specific convention, but I've been to two "comicon"s here in Calgary, and I know what you mean. It's amazing being around tons of people that don't think your interests are weird.
mandalorian_marshall

Postby Ted495 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:16 am

I wanted to go but tickets at MSG or Giants stadium, wherever it was around here, sold out in 5 minutes /sadface.

I've heard the best things about it though and I am very, very jealous of anyone that got to go.

Post some pictures!
Ted495

Postby Alpha 40 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:06 am

Well, I live in Connecticut and wasn't fast enough to get the "good" tickets in Bridgeport. Instead, I went to the one in Boston and then the Natick Lego Store. I loved it, I got to see a bunch of other Star Wars fans, all of the cool props, see Anthony Daniels(although not very close up), and of course listen to the music and see the giant screen in the background.
Alpha 40

Postby THX 1138 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:15 am

I'd never actually heard of this, but after reading about it on the website, it sounds really cool. I'm a big fan of Star Wars music, and movie soundtracks in general.
Do a barrel roll!
THX 1138

Postby mr_joshua » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:22 pm

It was a completely awesome experience. I have always enjoyed films that use composed music as apposed to the 'pop-band' music approach. The end of the show was of course the best...and if you think they might not play a certain piece from the movies....just wait and they will get to it. I forgot about it until like 12 hours before showtime and was still able to get the family pack tickets for the 7pm show in Ontario, Calif. The seats in the 'family' section were somewhat view blocked from the large hanging speaker system, but the arena was only half full and we were able to move to another empty section with a far better view. The movie props were nothing like the star wars science traveling museum they had a few years back, but it was cool to see some blasters and Han frozen in carbonite.
mr_joshua

Postby Diaaabo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:50 am

I saw it in Lisboa back in March, and it brought tears to my eyes when playing Duel of the Fates and the Imperial March... plus, all those props (that I had seen before in 2006, during the SW Exhibit). I don't know what to say, it was just amazing for a SW fan like me and I recommend the show to anyone!
Diaaabo

Postby SuperDave » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:22 am

Does anyone know if Anthony Daniels is available for autographs before or after the show? Also, how early should I arrive to have time to look at the props?
SuperDave

Postby Feralcom » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:40 am

SuperDave wrote:Does anyone know if Anthony Daniels is available for autographs before or after the show? Also, how early should I arrive to have time to look at the props?

Dont know about autographs, but get there as early as you can if you want to look at the props. I was an hour early and I couldn't get close enough to see anything. Luckily, there is an intermission and there wasn't many people at the props then. Same thing goes double if you want something from the souvenir kiosks. I couldn't even tell you what they sold because the crowd was so deep. However, after seeing that the show programs were $40 (many guys walking around selling them out of carts), I figured it wouldnt want to fork out the cash anyway.

I only have one complaint, but it is pointless. I do not like amplified orchestras. However, your not going to get one any other way for this size of a show.

I was pleasantly surprised to see so many people in costumes. I was not sure if some of them were part of the show. Lots of impressive Storm and Clone Troopers were in the lobby taking pictures with people before, during and after the show.
Feralcom

Postby Chief » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:27 pm

I saw the sold-out and jam-packed show in San Diego a week or so ago, and we couldn't get close to any of the props: the arena wasn't open for seating because of laser testing/repair, so *everyone* was in the outer space where the sellers and props were. That part was kind of miserable, but the show itself was awesome!
Chief

Postby Diaaabo » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:12 pm

I bought a Boba Fett tshirt for 25€. I recall those carts, shaped like TIE Fighters, but I couldn't see what they were selling.
Diaaabo

Postby Firespray » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:46 pm

I thought about going with a couple friends but the ticket prices turned us off, we're college students, we don't have money :p
Firespray

Postby ccandgc » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:11 pm

I bought a bunch of $35 dollar tickets for the nosebleed section....IT WAS AWESOME! Saw the concert here in San Diego. WELL WORTH IT. All the characters on the bag(R2) and the Boba Fett head are made up of small musical instruments and notes.....very cool.
-Chad
ccandgc

Return to Star Wars