Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Collectible Minifigs Series 1 Now Available

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Collectible Minifigs Series 1 Now Available

Postby Staff » Thu May 20, 2010 12:33 pm

Some reports are coming in that the highly anticipated Collectible Minifigs Series 1 is now showing up at TRU for 2 bucks a pop. I can't find it on their website, so get thee to a TRU!
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/05/20/collectible-minifigs-series-1-now-available/
Staff

Re: Collectible Minifigs Series 1 Now Available

Postby infallible » Thu May 20, 2010 12:59 pm

Good deal. For what it's worth, I went to the TRU in south Austin today (on 360 and Lamar), and they had the new Kingdom, World Racers, and Atlantis sets available. However, no sign of the minifigs.
infallible

Postby that guy » Thu May 20, 2010 1:23 pm

In my area there are 5 Toys R Us stores and only 2 of them are ever getting these according to the Store Manager I talked to and one of them got them today and were limiting people to 2 per person so at least 30 people got them at this store. I got a Zombie and Scuba Diver(UGH). The Manager said this would probably be the only shipment they get of them but who knows. Oh well, now we wait for the Lego stores to get them to complete the collection.......oh and they were $1.99 each
Last edited by that guy on Thu May 20, 2010 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
that guy

Postby legodeathstrike » Thu May 20, 2010 1:31 pm

Can anyone in Canada confirm the price at TRU? Just curious if it's really $2...as opposed to $2.99 or something around that range.
legodeathstrike

Postby Morgan19 » Thu May 20, 2010 1:49 pm

My TRU had two fairly full boxes yesterday afternoon when I went; I spent a while scrutinizing barcodes to pick out a complete sixteen, but when I got home and opened them up I realized I ended up with two nurses and no ninja. When I went back this morning to track down the ninja, both boxes had been completely wiped clean.

That particular TRU didn't have a limit on bags per person, so that must vary store to store. Interestingly, they also indicated that they didn't have any additional boxes on order but would be placing another order once the current boxes were sold out.

m19
Morgan19

Postby TwistedFate » Thu May 20, 2010 4:39 pm

I picked up 10 at my TRU, was pleasantly surprised when I saw them. Haven't opened mine yet, waiting for my girlfriend to get home so we can enjoy the reveal together. Wish I had realized the bar code thing, I just grabbed 10 at random. hopefully they will still have some tomorrow when I go back for more.
TwistedFate

Postby GrayMattR » Thu May 20, 2010 4:44 pm

I got the three figs I wanted today. They didn't have them out yesterday but they did today. I used the barcodes posted on Brickset to get the right ones. Be aware that these figs seem to be made of different plastic. They don't feel as hard and rigid; there's a little flexibility to them. It makes sense to do that with one-off production run.
GrayMattR

Postby Dendo » Thu May 20, 2010 5:43 pm

No figs in Kalamazoo, MI.

Those that have found them - where were they located in the store?
Dendo

Postby dWhisper » Thu May 20, 2010 6:03 pm

Sigh, none in my local store, I just called them. I may stop in tomorrow just to check.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Kav'ryn » Thu May 20, 2010 6:04 pm

My TRU had them both in the Lego aisle and in the impulse buy lane. They had quite a lot; but then, I'm not near any large cities.
Kav'ryn

Postby Morgan19 » Thu May 20, 2010 6:28 pm

Mine were not in the main LEGO aisle, but right next to it on a center island display.

m19
Morgan19

Postby Qzak » Thu May 20, 2010 7:17 pm

Found 2 boxes on one of the Lego aisle end caps for $1.99 each. Picked out 5 randomly and ended up with the skater, spaceman, magician, Robin Hood & crash test dummy. Will definitely go back with the bar codes. And I agree w/ GrayMattR, definitely feels like a lower grade plastic was used on these.
Qzak

Postby TwistedFate » Thu May 20, 2010 7:18 pm

Mine were on a rack at the end of the main LEGO aisle. The far end, not near the main center aisle.
TwistedFate

Postby hardtravelinghero » Fri May 21, 2010 9:58 am

Bought one (Forestman), which was handed to me at Argos, in Wexford, Ireland last week at 2.79 Euros (which is like $3.50 USD--yikes) and then yesterday, in Newport News, Virginia, bought five, and then eight more, at TRU for a mere $1.99 USD. It's easy enough to feel through the packages to tell which figure it is based on the accessories or lack thereof. My girlfriend isn't any sort of Lego enthusiast and she could figure out almost all of them based on the pictures on the side of the two boxes, which looked untouched. I wasn't even sure the store would have them yet; they are on a little island in the aisle just in front of the Lego, which my girlfriend spotted. There were also most, if not all, of the new sets from World Racers, Atlantis, Kingdoms/Castle whatever, City, etc. No Star Wars. Hasbro Star Wars were $5.00 though, so I bought a Cad Bane finally.

I put some of the minifigures on my dashboard with my impulse Manta guy and the difference in plastic quality, such as in the legs is obvious, with the sun shining right through the Caveman's legs. Yellow or a lighter color, doesn't matter. Cheap plastic. It's not too easy to keep the figures standing (running) on one foot on their little stands. The feet just don't stick on like they should and do for regular minifigures.

At home now I've compared the transparency of the robot with that of the light gray Batman and Mr. Freeze's Gang Member, both of these Batman minifigs have the same gray-color legs and I cannot see light coming through those.

I'd probably be fine paying 50 cents more a figure for better plastic quality. What say you all?

-Hardtravelinghero
hardtravelinghero

Postby bigj22 » Fri May 21, 2010 11:58 am

I found them on a small shelf kinda hidden from everything. 17 bags left, so I bought them all. They even let me keep the yellow box. Ended up 13 out of the 16 . not bad. Do you think the box is worth anything?
bigj22

Postby solo606 » Fri May 21, 2010 12:13 pm

bigj22 wrote:I found them on a small shelf kinda hidden from everything. 17 bags left, so I bought them all. They even let me keep the yellow box. Ended up 13 out of the 16 . not bad. Do you think the box is worth anything?

Where was this Small Shelf kinda hidden?
Was it near the Lego? end Cap? Front of Store?
solo606

Postby bigj22 » Fri May 21, 2010 1:53 pm

solo606 wrote:
bigj22 wrote:I found them on a small shelf kinda hidden from everything. 17 bags left, so I bought them all. They even let me keep the yellow box. Ended up 13 out of the 16 . not bad. Do you think the box is worth anything?

Where was this Small Shelf kinda hidden?
Was it near the Lego? end Cap? Front of Store?

They were squeezed in between other small sets alone and away from the LEGO SETS. I had to actually leave the LEGOS to find it. So to answer the question, near the LEGOS but not on an end cap.
bigj22

Postby Marty » Fri May 21, 2010 2:30 pm

Word to the wise, the 'bar-code sheet' you speak off does not work on the one 's from Australia, as they are coded different?
I have 12 out of the 16 figures and having to try and match up the bar codes, not one conformed to that list, so check the bar codes people!
Marty

Postby that guy » Fri May 21, 2010 3:45 pm

Yeah I don't mean to be stupid but both packs I got had the exact same printed number barcode. But I do know that the secondary barcode (which is smaller and on the right side of the back of the package doesn't have printed numbers on it) scans differently for each figure but you need a scanner to read it.
that guy

Postby Qzak » Fri May 21, 2010 3:48 pm

Went back to get some more packs today and someone had cleaned out both cases that were practically full yesterday. :(
Qzak

Next

Return to Finds/Deals