Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Who Are You?

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Re: Who Are You?

Postby MMM.PWR » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:54 pm

Thanks, I've had those forever. They hold a lot of weight. Home Depot
Always two there are. No more, no less.
MMM.PWR

Postby Enigma » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:18 pm

Heheh..I'm back again!

Can't wait to see all of you guys again.

-Jordan
Enigma

Postby Joedward » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:44 am

What?!?!

Who let that dirty hippy back in here?
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Veers » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:49 pm

Well, this is a week or so late, but I've returned. It's been something like a year, I think.
Bureacracy: You have two cows. The government says what and when you can feed them. You are paid not to, and the government takes your cows, shoots one and milks the other dry. You have to fill out forms accounting for missing cows.
Veers

Postby MisterFubar » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:04 am

I'll start off with my Username... MisterFubar. I want to say I originally used it on The Seirra Network way back in 91 or so. I do know it was one of my usernames on AOL and most of the BB's I frequented starting about 1992ish? Once I joined the military I figured the name became a little more appropriate so I've kept it and still use it for some of my online ramblings.

I've lived in the midwest most of my life with a few years here and there in less than desirable countries in sunny Southwast Asia or that end in 'stan. Currently chasing sparks full time for the Dept. of the Army, and playing a technical inspector part time for the Army Reserve. I've been married more than a few years now and have an awesome 2 year old little girl who is starting to share my love of Legos.

I've always had an off and on love for Lego and my recent obsession was sparked last year on my birthday when I recieved an Agents set as a joke. I bought all the Star Wars sets when they came out in 99, and picked up the occasional set throughout the early 00's. With my rekindled love I've managed to buy every Clone Wars set and basically every other SW set currently available minus the Death Star playset. I'll grab it eventually. Also been filling in a lot of the gaps in my collection and picking up some of the ships and vehicles that I've alwways liked. I don't really like paying secondary market prices so I doubt I'll ever complete my collection, just get the reasonably priced sets that interest me.

I have browsed this forum in the past and used the site for news, but only recently signed up to "contribute"
MisterFubar

Postby csiquet » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:03 pm

Indeed, this thread is very useful and I was looking for this kind of topic in order to introduce myself.

I am actually more active on the Portuguese LUG Forum and from time to time on Eurobricks as well, and I am afraid I won't be posting too much on this one ; LEGO is the passion, not forums.
I love classic StarWars, classic space, City, Catles, pirates, LDD creation, well...pretty much everything but Bionicles :lol:

As an introduction, I am going to leave my Eurobricks Introduction link not to repeat was has been written already.
I have a little Brickshelf gallery I intend to use a bit more in time. As you'll see in my gallery, I own a Chrome Stormtrooper ; it is being distributed at ToysRus with SW sets in Europe as you all well know.
I found out with awe, reading the news of FBTB, that the white Boba Fett won't make it to us. What a shame...
I would be lying if I would say I didn't join FBTB with the hope to exchange one for another. :x
But all in good time, I'll try to find my way around here and the rest is yet to come...

Cheers
csiquet

Postby Enigma » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:22 am

csiquet wrote:Indeed, this thread is very useful and I was looking for this kind of topic in order to introduce myself.

I am actually more active on the Portuguese LUG Forum and from time to time on Eurobricks as well, and I am afraid I won't be posting too much on this one ; LEGO is the passion, not forums.
I love classic StarWars, classic space, City, Catles, pirates, LDD creation, well...pretty much everything but Bionicles :lol:

As an introduction, I am going to leave my Eurobricks Introduction link not to repeat was has been written already.
I have a little Brickshelf gallery I intend to use a bit more in time. As you'll see in my gallery, I own a Chrome Stormtrooper ; it is being distributed at ToysRus with SW sets in Europe as you all well know.
I found out with awe, reading the news of FBTB, that the white Boba Fett won't make it to us. What a shame...
I would be lying if I would say I didn't join FBTB with the hope to exchange one for another. :x
But all in good time, I'll try to find my way around here and the rest is yet to come...

Cheers

Good to have some other nationalities here! Variety is the spice of life.

Welcome to the boards.
Enigma

Postby Captainofthe7th » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:43 am

Hi all-

It's been some time since I've been on here, I used to frequent the old FBTB forums as bobafett2250. Not sure if that will ring a bell for anyone. Right now I am finishing my freshman year as a Design major at WIT in Boston. I recently had to do a lego project for a class and I got addicted again. :)

Hopefully I can stay with it here and there and post some MOCs and minifigs. It's nice to be back!

Rob
Captainofthe7th

Postby Diaaabo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:57 am

I've been here for a while and now I just realized I never wrote in this topic before... :facepalm:

So, my name is Guilherme, I'm 20 and I currently live in Portugal (next stop in a few months: Suomi Finland perkele!). I'm taking a cooking course and aside from LEGO, I love cooking and music, mainly folk, punk and metal.

I got out of my not so long dark age last summer when I found out about the 0937 LUG, which is my main LUG around here. I also participate in the PLUG forum, but I'm not so active around there. I've always been a proud Star Wars geek, and I've always loved LEGO, so getting this hobby back was a major thing in my life. Only my wallet complains about it :lol:

I'm mainly a collector, but I build some MOCs from time to time, which I feel I have been improving since last summer. And that's why I joined the communities, so I can improve and share information with other FOLs. Other than Star Wars, I'm a huge fan of the Adventurers theme; plus Castle and Pirates.

I also run a blog (http://legoficinadodiabo.blogspot.com/) and a BL store where I recycle some minifigs, parts and sets to help funding the new acquisitions.

And I guess that's it :D
Diaaabo

Postby theJudeAbides » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:58 pm

theJudeAbides wrote: Heck, even my choke-tastic Vikings are better than [the Cowboys]. (If you want to learn how to most effectively choke in football, just watch Vikings tapes... they pretty much wrote the book on it). Really, though, all we need is a good quarterback. I mean, we've got good recievers and backs (see: Adrien Peterson) as well as solid offensive and defensive lines (the Williams are not easily beaten). It's just that Tarvaris is shaky at best and Frerotte is old and soggy. We need someone who can throw the ball well and can lead the team. It may also be helpful Adrien stops coating his hands in butter before the game.

OK, this is off topic, but I just happened to run across this year-old post of mine and just reallized I may be psychic. Seriously, I said all we needed was a good quarterback and what happens? We got a new quarterback and then what? We almost win the Superbowl.

Also, as you can see, I was making fun of the Cowboys and how much they suck in comparison to the Vikings and what happened in the playoffs? We kicked the literal crap out of them.

And finally, true to my insights, had Adrian NOT fumbled the ball so often in that game against the Saints, we most likely would have gone to the Superbowl.

I didn't know that I had these kinds of powers but now that I do, my purpose becomes clear: To create a "Crossing Over with John Edwards"/Sportscenter combination show where I coerce people into telling me their favorite football team so that I can ridicule it while making sardonic remarks about the Vikings. RATINGS. GOLD.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby dane » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:33 am

My name is Dane, I'm 21 years of age and I live in the city of sin Las Vegas. I currently am working for the U.S. Census and am writing this in the most boring training session ever. I kind of randomly got into LEGO a little over a year ago. I was at Target with my girlfriend and jokingly said "I want a toy". I grew up with Star Wars being one of my favorite movies, so we went to the LEGO aisle and looked at the Star Wars sets. A few weeks later she got me the Rebel and Stormtrooper battle packs for Valentine's Day and from then on it was over.

I collect Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Toy Story and I'm a sucker for seasonal themes especially Christmas. I'm also really looking forward to the Harry Potter line, I'm a huge nerd of the books and I still watch all the movies, though they are quite disappointing at times. I don't have the eye to be able to create MOCs, but like to admire everyone else's. I've never built a set without my trusty sidekick girlfriend. At first we would build sets whenever we got them, but due to space limitations we now only build one set on the 15th of each month.

My first love in life was skateboarding. It was all I knew from middle school until I met my girlfriend two years ago. Since I spend every waking moment with her, building LEGO was a hobby I could include her in. I still skateboard, but growing up you start to find less and less time for leisurely activities, so it isn't nearly as much as I would like to. I love music and play the piano. Lately, the majority of what I listen to is The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and The Beatles. I don't know very much about today's generation of music and I know there is still great music made today, but most of what I hear on the radio nowadays makes me sad, it just isn't the same as it was.

I've been a vegetarian (now 95% vegan) for almost three years. It started out as guilt in eating animals and evolved into wanting to know how and where the food I'm eating came from. Now I don't eat any animal products (except occasionally honey) and almost always stay away from any processed foods. I normally don't tell anyone about my eating habits, but with the recent topic stirring up some FBTB controversy, I figured what the heck may as well. Though if anyone asks me what I'm eating and has questions about it, I'm always happy to share the wealth with them.

Well this has been fun, now back to staring off at these Census people talk about I don't know what.
dane

Postby vynsane » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:31 am

I'm Vyn, 33 years old. I'll be married 6 years in September and have a daughter who turned 3 this past December. I blame her for bringing me out of my dark age which began, as near as I can tell, in 1992. I started playing the LEGO video games and then thought about getting one set that represented each of the games. I received the Midi-Scale Millenium Falcon and Indiana Jones 'Venice Canal Chase' sets this past Christmas. I had such fun putting the Falcon together with my daughter on Christmas morning that I needed to have more. After receiving some cash for my birthday (which is a few days after Christmas) and thinking about trading the canal chase set up for the 'Fighter Plane Attack' set, I checked out the online LEGO shop and found not only that set, but that they had revived the Space Police sub-theme - that was it, I ordered $120 worth of stuff immediately, and since then have probably spent about $500 on LEGO products. I build MOCs when the mood strikes and I have the time, but I would like a larger palette of bricks to work with. You can see what I've build in the 'Flickr' link in my signature.

Otherwise, my life consists of being a webmaster/designer/programmer, collecting comics, and working on our century+ old house. We have a new kitchen and upstairs bathroom, and my daughter's room is awaiting another coat or three of spackle, then primer, paint and we can move her back in. We still need to tear down the plaster and lath in my bedroom and the guest bedroom/office, and then gut the entire first floor in order to open it up. A LOT of dirt in my future.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby possum » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:54 pm

Hi, I'm possum. I'm 31, engaged to the best woman you could ever want to meet, father of 1 (he's brand new, too...less than a week old), nearly a stepfather of 2, and fresh out of my dark age. The past year brought me 4 new roommates: a lover, her 2 daughters & their (girl) dog. Lego is going to be my Daddy Time. I live in the Charlotte NC area, and while I'm a native Southerner (US, that is), I am not one of those hillbillies you see on TV. I enjoy major & minor league hockey & baseball, horror flicks, spoonerisms, and sleeping. The last one doesn't go well with a 5 day old son. :D I work in IT for the 7th largest company on the planet, taking apart & reassembling laptops most days. I like music that is good: Phish to Ben Folds to Parliament to Radiohead to Talking Heads to Outkast to Warren Zevon to The Great Pink Floyd.

It looks like I'm in the minority here in that Classic Space was the first recurring theme in my toy box...long before they were "classic." My first Lego SW set was either the Jedi Duel set with Darth Maul or the old Chewbacca-including AT-ST. I saw Return of the Jedi when it was in theaters...without all that fancy puppet walking added. While Star Wars has definitely had a longer run at #1 in my life than Lego has, I find myself straying to the City, Creator & Atlantis themes as well.

If I can get this new family of mine moved into a larger place, I anticipate having space to read Lego message boards, watch the Atlanta Braves & build MOCs that will make people think I'm crazy. I look forward to seeing some cool artistic creations & finding out what "FTW" means.
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!
possum

Postby schlectus » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:18 pm

Schlectus from Denver here. I'm another 30-something AFOL...one who is old enough to remember seeing Star Wars in the theater when it came out. :shock: In addition to buying ridiculously huge piles of Lego stuff, I'm also a guitarist in a newly gigging blues/funk/jazz/metal/whatever band and I'm considered by many to be a "carbon-based mammal". I'm into hockey, Lost, Opeth, zombies, bacon, X-Men, making fun of people, Muse, Sonic's cherry limeades, and Guinness. I also spend a considerable amount of time waiting to be accepted into the Buy/Sell/Trade clique, so that I can generously send mucho amounts of cash to people on this website. ;) (Bueller? Bueller? Bueller...)
My Bricklink store: Pyramid Deliveries
schlectus

Postby Turtleboy » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:35 am

Hello Guys

My Name is Turtleboy I am named after that because of my love of Discworld and other things like turtles.
I discovered Legos at the age of five, The Legos I like are Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Alatiantis, Spacepolice 3 or whatever you guys call it, and I also like Power Miners.

Well Besides that I love to read books by authors like Tolkien, CS Lewis, Corneila Funke, and Terry Pratchett, besdies JK Rowling and Douglas Adams. I live in America but love british writers.

One of my favorite book series is Discworld so be prepared to see some Discworld stuff.

Well That is about it, now it is time to post about Legos with you guys and girls!
Turtleboy

Postby theJudeAbides » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:14 pm

Turtleboy wrote:My Name is Turtleboy I am named after that because of my love of turtles.

Wait, are you this kid? Dude, you rock!
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby Jake » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:46 am

Hi. Some of you may remember me, especially from the old forum (I was CommanderJake) where I was much more active.

I lost contact with FBTB almost two years ago, due to declining interest in building Star Wars themed lego and a series of unfortuate events in the chatroom, at which point I was asked to leave chat. Since then, I've still been building in between University (and LDDing at Uni), as those who follow my flickr will be aware.

So to the here and now, I checked Flickr today and saw you were doing a contest. I do love FBTB contests, always good fun, I remember the "Uglies" one with great fondness (although that may be due to my entry coming fourth). So I thought I'd drop by, see if my account here still worked, and say hello before I toodled off to build.
Jake

Postby cdl444 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:50 pm

Hello Im cdl444, cdl444 is my generic username I use for everything. Im from woodland, CA(which is near Sacramento in case your wondering). Other than legos I also like building models. :)
cdl444

Postby Solo » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:15 am

Cool, what kinds of models?
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Just dropping by...

Postby Wokky » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:57 pm

Well, well, well, it's been a loooong while since I stopped around these parts. Long enough in fact that the last time I did, 'these parts' were actually situated elsewhere! Anyways, I was just sorting through a bunch of old files when I stumbled across some audio clips, which I realised were recordings created for the Outlander V radio adventure... talk about a blast from the past (emphasis on blast)! So I figured I'd pop in and see how everybody is doing, how many of the old crowd are still around these days?

Me, I finally got around to going to university, better late than never! Finished the first year of my Computer Science degree recently, and I've had a pretty awesome time so far, even if I do typically spend most of my time making silly videos like this.

Well, I'm gonna sign off with a reminder of one of my numerous failed (and occasionally controversial) attempts to win an FBTB Mayoral Election. Catch you later folks.
Once upon a time, I used to be Ewok Mercenary For Hire.

Now I am not.
Wokky

PreviousNext

Return to BCS 2.0