Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Christmas Comes Early: Toys'R'Us BOGO 50% Off Til March 6

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Christmas Comes Early: Toys'R'Us BOGO 50% Off Til March 6

Postby Staff » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:09 am

This week from February 28 through March 6, Toys'R'Us stores are having a Buy One Get One 50% off sale on ALL LEGO. To fully maximize your discount, both items should be the same price in order to realize a 25% off overall savings. Sucky thing is is that it excludes electronics, Star Wars, and Toy Story. Still, with a lot of sets at MSRP, it may be worth checking out. And to sweeten the deal for buying online, there is FREE shipping on all orders $100 or more. They don't specify an end date for the free shipping promotion, it just says 'offer ends today' so it may mean today Sunday February 28th. Hit the banner below to check it out.

iconicon

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/02/28/christmas-comes-early-toysrus-bogo-50-off-til-march-6/
Staff

Re: Christmas Comes Early: Toys'R'Us BOGO 50% Off Til March 6

Postby Diaaabo » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:45 am

I wish European TRU had promotions like these... :(
Diaaabo

Postby Draykov » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:24 am

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, a lot of the big ticket items go mysteriously out of stock during these promotions, but I managed to score a Troll City Garage Fortress.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby natespizer » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:40 am

A Troll City Garage Fortress sounds like an awesome set, I wasn't sure Lego was making the Troll City Collection ;)
natespizer

Postby masterchuck » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:55 am

man, I wished i lived near a toysrus, i totally go to that sale.
masterchuck

Postby etcknight » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:56 am

Does Google check-out still work for the tax-free benefit at check-out?
etcknight

Postby Nannan » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:59 pm

I'm pretty sure it does. Even though the tax shows up on the email receipts, your credit card is only charged the grand total you see on google checkout (which doesn't include tax).
Nannan

Postby Thundarr » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:15 pm

I was up early this morning and saw theTRU email about this around 5am (email came at 4:30am). I immediately went to the website and searched for LEGO by highest price first. And of course all the more expensive sets I was interested in were already out of stock. I suspect TRU took them "Out of Stock" right before the sale started, but I suppose it is possible they were already gone before the sale (I hadn't looked at the site in awhile). Disappointed, I hit an out of the way TRU store around 10am and grabbed the last 2 PM Underground Mining Stations that I had been considering for a few weeks. I was only going to get one, but I wanted to maximize my savings so I got the last one as well. If TRU really wanted to make a nice buck, they would include SW in these sales - the shelves are overflowing with 'em!
Thundarr

Postby UOldPirate » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:44 pm

Around 2 am EST last night / today, they still had the Fire Brigade and Grand Carousel sets. I foolishly thought the Fire Brigade wouldn't sell out right away and was holding off hoping they would get Grand Emporium in during the sale. Doh!
UOldPirate

Postby ILikePi » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:50 pm

I purchased House Building Set ($5) and Freeze Ray Frenzy ($11 - $1 overpriced) today, for a savings of $5 (technically $4 since FRF is $1 over MSRP)! :)

I just finished building Freeze Ray Frenzy, and it's an awesome set! Kranxx looks supercute, and his bike is really detailed with greebles. There's also a ton of extra parts (nine total)! :D

I really wish that Star Wars was on sale, though. I could have gotten one of each of the $25 sets (including last year's Echo Base)! :|
ILikePi

Postby BlueDragonZ » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:55 pm

A forum member notified me of the sale yesterday on feb 27 at around 9:30 pm GMT. Most of the stuff was still available. (just when the sale started shortly). Once the Toysrus emails were sent out at 2:00 AM GMT, most of the lego exclusives were pulled out / unavailable.
BlueDragonZ

Postby sidersdd » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:10 pm

Thundarr wrote:I was up early this morning and saw theTRU email about this around 5am (email came at 4:30am). I immediately went to the website and searched for LEGO by highest price first. And of course all the more expensive sets I was interested in were already out of stock. I suspect TRU took them "Out of Stock" right before the sale started, but I suppose it is possible they were already gone before the sale (I hadn't looked at the site in awhile). Disappointed, I hit an out of the way TRU store around 10am and grabbed the last 2 PM Underground Mining Stations that I had been considering for a few weeks. I was only going to get one, but I wanted to maximize my savings so I got the last one as well. If TRU really wanted to make a nice buck, they would include SW in these sales - the shelves are overflowing with 'em!

So, the BOGO applies to B&M stores as well?
sidersdd

Postby Thundarr » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:12 pm

sidersdd wrote:
So, the BOGO applies to B&M stores as well?

Yes - the one I went to also had shelf signs plastered all over the LEGO section that advertised the sale.
Thundarr

Postby Lord Startender » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:15 pm

It only allows a maximum of 1 discount per order online. Is it the same in store?
Lord Startender

Postby Nannan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:13 pm

Lord Startender wrote:It only allows a maximum of 1 discount per order online. Is it the same in store?

This is what really bugs me, and the fact that the larger sets are "out of stock." TRU's not getting my money this time.
Nannan

Postby onions » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:26 pm

Lord Startender wrote:It only allows a maximum of 1 discount per order online. Is it the same in store?

I think so. i usually have to do multiple transactions to maximize the discount.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Nannan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:46 pm

I'm pretty sure you're allowed multiple discounts per transaction. This is what we did when we bought tons of LEGO in the Creations for Charity donation at the BOGO 50% sale in December.
Nannan

Postby Draykov » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:53 pm

If you go to a brick-and-mortar store and apply for a TRU credit card, you can get another 10% off (assuming you qualify, don't already have one, and really want to go through the process of acquiring a new credit card). Not a bad way to compensate for tax and the occasional inflated set price.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby atxdad » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:20 am

To answer a question above, despite the online limit of one discount per transaction, I was able to get multiple (3) discounts with a single transaction at a B&M TRU store, and the discounts were applied to my maximum benefit automatically, i.e. the 50% off was not just applied to the three least expensive sets.
atxdad

Return to Finds/Deals