Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars - CONFIRMED!

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars - CONFIRMED!

Postby liquidcross » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:22 am

Read it and weep! :D

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/08/lego- ... platforms/

And here we thought the well of Lego Star Wars material had dried up. Perhaps we've underestimated TT Games, which has revealed that it's constructing a new armed and fully operational entry in the series: Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars. Destined for an Autumn 2010 release on the Xbox 360, PS3, PSP, Nintendo DS and Wii, the game will focus on the events of the Cartoon Network animated series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

Expect "brand new battle modes, giving players unique, head-to-head combat" and an expanded level editor, allowing potential Padawans and Seperatists the chance to construct their own "customized bases and in-game battlefields." You'll also be able to employ new tactics throughout the game, such as "Squad command, Lightsaber slicing, Lightsaber jumps, long distance Jedi attacks and Grapple Tie-Ups."

Wait, lightsaber slicing? Does that mean the obvious, or the radical ability to slice through lightsabers?
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

Re: LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars - CONFIRMED!

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:10 am

Well, as much as I enjoy these games, my lack of interest in Clone Wars stuff pretty much negates my disappointment that they are apparently planning on abandoning the PC platform for this one.
Mister Ed

Postby Blacknight » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:14 pm

This says it's for windows PC too: http://www.gametrailers.com/news/lego-s ... clone/1809

It also reveals that Lucasarts was gracious enough to base this game on Season 1 AND 2.

I guess Season 3 and 4 will be LSW IV. XD
Blacknight

Postby Mofo Jones » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:31 pm

And in a few years, you'll probably be able to get all LEGO SW games in one super-pack.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Raequan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:05 pm

Another game I need to get in this amazing year of gaming. What's next? LEGO Star Wars IV: The Old Republic and LEGO Star Wars V: The New Jedi Order? (Trademarking those right now by the way ;))
Raequan

Postby irmasturcheeflol » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:27 pm

This looks pretty cool, I loved the 1st game but the others were just not as fun. I hope the new gameplay features are as cool as they say.
Series 1: Cowboy, Indian, Clown, Diver, Spaceman, Zombie, Robot, Forestman, Skater.
irmasturcheeflol

Postby Obi-Wan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:59 pm

EPIC WIN!!!!!!
Obi-Wan

Postby aquaphase » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:34 am

This seems like a good opportunity to change up the gameplay a little bit. The previous Star Wars LEGO (as well as the Indiana Jones and Batman), while extremely fun, get tedious with the repetition. I'd like to see more of a straight-up game rather than the running around gathering studs type we've had for a mess of releases.
aquaphase

Postby vaderhamn » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:46 am

Hey I found more info on the starwars.com home page! XD Man I cant wait for it to come out!
Oh no ts Vader!!!!!!!!!!! And he has a peice of HAM! WERE ALL GONNA DIE ! AHHH!
vaderhamn

Postby Jargon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:36 am

Actually, you found another posting of the same information. Thanks anyways.
    - Aaron
Jargon

Postby Blacknight » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:06 pm

aquaphase wrote:This seems like a good opportunity to change up the gameplay a little bit. The previous Star Wars LEGO (as well as the Indiana Jones and Batman), while extremely fun, get tedious with the repetition. I'd like to see more of a straight-up game rather than the running around gathering studs type we've had for a mess of releases.

Agreed, collecting studs got boring. More vehicle/starship levels (that aren't on rails) would be most welcome.
Blacknight

Postby DestructiveDelirium » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:02 am

This game (along with any future Star Wars themed Lego games) have alot of potential to make a really unique and fun experience. The originals were fun, but like previously stated, have become rather repetative and now boring. I'm hoping these new features will be a significant enough change up, but still be good changes over all. Only time will tell though. Rather looking forward to it though.
DestructiveDelirium

Postby dWhisper » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:13 pm

Somehow, when I see this game, I think of those terrible faces will hurt the game more than making exciting gameplay.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Return to Star Wars