Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Another Speed Racer Set For Amazon's Lightning Deals

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Another Speed Racer Set For Amazon's Lightning Deals

Postby Staff » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:28 am

I don't see a lot of reader's jumping on this deal, only cause it's for 7:00am PST on a Saturday, but on Amazon's Lightning Deals page, you can try your luck at nabbing LEGO Speed Racer 8161 Grand Prix Race. MSRP for this set was $59.99, and half off, can you go wrong? Good luck!
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2009/12/18/another-speed-racer-set-for-amazons-lightning-deals/
Staff

Re: Another Speed Racer Set For Amazon's Lightning Deals

Postby Morgan19 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:45 am

Just to clarify, since I'd asked in passing but don't think it was ever answered by anyone who's familiar with these deals-- if you add the item to your cart say, a minute before the deal goes live, and then check out, will it be the updated price? Or do you need to actually add it from the "lightning" link once it's live?

Thanks again for posting these deals; I'd like to actually get in on one for once. ;)

m19
Morgan19

Postby yakkotank » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:56 am

You have to add it directly from the Lightning Deal, unfortunately.
yakkotank

Postby Morgan19 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:03 am

Got it! $29.99 with free shipping and it was sold out within seconds. Although it was listed at 50% off the MSRP of $60, it looks like Amazon's been selling it for $43 anyway so the "real" discount for the actual deal wasn't as good. But that's still a steal for a set with some great unique figs and neat vehicles.

Thanks FBTB for my first successful Lightning Deal. :D (I made sure to click through FBTB's link for it.)

One thing I don't get-- the lightning deal is sold out, but then the regular listing is listed as still available and in stock. Is there a certain amount of product set aside for the deals, separate from the regular stock?

m19
Morgan19

Postby samieus » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:44 am

If I understand correctly Only AMAZONS stock qualifies for the lightening deal. When that stock is out so is the deal. The items still in stock are from other stores. I THINK. I too would love to hear if anyone knows for sure how this works. I have been glued to my computer everyday right before the deals. :lol:
samieus

Postby onions » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:30 am

Morgan19 wrote:Got it! $29.99 with free shipping and it was sold out within seconds. Although it was listed at 50% off the MSRP of $60, it looks like Amazon's been selling it for $43 anyway so the "real" discount for the actual deal wasn't as good. But that's still a steal for a set with some great unique figs and neat vehicles.

Thanks FBTB for my first successful Lightning Deal. :D (I made sure to click through FBTB's link for it.)

One thing I don't get-- the lightning deal is sold out, but then the regular listing is listed as still available and in stock. Is there a certain amount of product set aside for the deals, separate from the regular stock?

m19

well the other thing i can thinks of is that certain distribution centers may need to clear out space for new incoming product, so whatever stock that warehouse has is what is offered as the lightning deal. and since other warehouses may keep their stock, that number is still offered for sale regularly.
onions
Damp Noodle

Return to Finds/Deals