Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Knight Sci of the Old Republic

There's more to LEGO than building, here you can take the hobby in a much different direction.

Moderator: Kaminoan

Knight Sci of the Old Republic

Postby Sci » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:45 pm

Hail!

Okay, so I was designing a new sig-fig, but with funding limited at the moment, I thought I'd just get critiques/criticism now.

Here's the source pic:

And here's some ideas for implementation:

On the left, hooded and cloaked. Note the "belt" piece is dark tan - seemed to even out the contrast in the fig. The "kama" is a decal.
Center, same thing, just without the hood.
Right, a few changes, namely a plastic, clone-like "kama," a darker "belt," and I was undecided on the hood.

At this point I'm not in a position to actually try out some of these parts and variants for several reasons, but I would like hear the general consensus of the Bothan community.

Thanks!

<Sci>
Sci

Re: Knight Sci of the Old Republic

Postby CommanderKeller » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:05 pm

Personally, I like the kama with a cape. I would also stick with the right pics legs too. just my opinion. Cool fig idea though. :)
A wise old man once told me, "Remember kid, there are heroes and there are legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid and you will never go wrong". Cookies for the reference.
CommanderKeller

Postby Jargon » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:59 am

Sci! Good to see you, bro!
I personally would pick the second. The hood is a bit melodramatic, and I'm not a big fan of the skirts.
    - Aaron
Jargon

Postby GIR3691 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:21 am

Middle one.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Sci » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:05 pm

Thanks for the input, guys!

Glad to know I don't have to procure a grey Clone kama. Is it just me, or does that lighter color 'belt' just look off - is that what you were referring to, Keller? Also, any suggestions for the hair? My initial thought to use a simple, run of the mill hair piece, but I'm not very up-to-speed on what's available. Thanks for your opinions again!

Jargon: Dude! Good to see you roaming around, too! Been a long time since the campaignin' days, mmm? :p
Sci

Return to Custom Minifigs