* inability to access Web site
* Web site not yet live
* traffic levels too low
* inappropriate material on site
Allow me to deconstruct each point.
* inability to access Web site - I'm on the site every day and every night, pretty much every chance I get, monitoring the forums, checking messages, coding features, etc. Our uptime hasn't been better. Sure there are a few hiccups now and then, but I find it hard to believe that someone from the affiliate approval department would not be able to access the site.
* Web site not yet live - Hello? If you're reading this, I'm pretty sure we're live.
* traffic levels too low - FBTB's traffic may not compare to some other heavy hitters, but hey, we get pretty good statistics according to Google Analytics.
* inappropriate material on site - Now that's a first. LEGO Star Wars is inappropriate? Better warn the parents. Sarcasm aside, how would they be able to make that judgement if a) they are unable to access the site and b) they believe the site is not yet live?
I have a feeling Toys'R'Us just rejects every applicant and checks off every reason why without really bothering looking at applications. That right there is a sign of incompetence. Providing reasons that not only contradict each other but also contradicts the truth is proof that no effort is made in reviewing applications. And if that's the case, then TRU has no real intent on approving any applications. If TRU does not allow affiliates, they should just cancel their program and withdraw from Linkshare completely. 'Cause seriously, what's the point?
Regardless of the above rant, I will continue to report sales and deals from Toys'R'Us as I believe it will benefit our readers.