Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The LEGO Group and Disney Announce Licensing Agreement

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: The LEGO Group and Disney Announce Licensing Agreement

Postby Solo » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:51 pm

The only think I have to say is OMG Buzz Lightyear Figure!!! Can't wait to see them pull that off.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Iare Tosevite » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:30 pm

OMG! I dunno if I would buy any of those but amazing anyway!
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Postby Draykov » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:29 pm

Ka-razy. It'll be interesting to see what they do with the Toy Story line. There is supposedly that third movie coming out. I'm interested in that for my little girl. Not sure what it'll mean long-term, but it's gotta be better than Mega Brands hanging on to the Disney license.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby DestructiveDelirium » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:40 pm

I would be interested in seeing the Prince of Persia line. I wouldn't end up getting it because I try to stick with Star Wars only, but it could be a cool series.

Now I'm curious as to how they will make Potato-head :S
DestructiveDelirium

Postby jp-30 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:53 pm

Oh, man, I hope the Pixar agreement eventually expands to Wall-E. Wall-E UCS, Technic and Mindstorms... yum!
jp-30

Postby DestructiveDelirium » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:55 pm

TheThrasher wrote:...does anyone think there is a posabillity that they might make a Belville type Hannah Montana line or some type of High School Mucical line...

Why would you even Think that Blashemy!?!? :shock:
DestructiveDelirium

Postby Ace » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:04 am

In my packet of press releases I received from LEGO today, one sheet announced a licensing agreement reached between The LEGO Group and Disney. I wish I had a copy of the press release in digital form so I can republish, or link to it if it was on their site. In any case, it breaks down to the following Disney properties:

Toy Story: Starting in 2010, LEGO will release sets based on Toy Story, Toy Story 2, and Toy Story 3 (the film is set for release in June 2010). LEGO System sets based on TS 1 and 2 will be released starting January 2010, with a May release for TS3. LEGO Duplo sets based on TS will be released in June 2010.

Cars: LEGO Duplo sets based on this property will launch in June 2010. No indication of System sets at this time.

Prince of Persia: LEGO will be releasing sets based on the film Prince of Persia: Sands of Time scheduled for release in April 2010 with a film release of June 2010. This makes me want to whip out my Gamecube and play the game all over again.

---
Ace

Postby CoR3Bu » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:26 am

To infinity and beyond!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Draykov wrote:Ka-razy.

You got that right Draykov XD I don't really care for Toy Story,but I'll still
buy them!

Colonel Reaginal Bulstrode, to attention men!
CoR3Bu

Postby TheThrasher » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:31 am

DestructiveDelirium wrote:
TheThrasher wrote:...does anyone think there is a posabillity that they might make a Belville type Hannah Montana line or some type of High School Mucical line...

Why would you even Think that Blashemy!?!? :shock:

I know its horrible, and if it does happen TLG would probally implode.
TheThrasher

Postby Monkfish » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:22 am

Well, this is... Odd. I'm really curious as to how the Disney style designs will translate into minifigures. I can't wait.

Both of these licences (Disney and Prince of Persia) seem like really weird ones for TLC to pick up.

The day TLC make a Hannah Montana line will be the day I sell my Lego collection. :lol:
Monkfish

Postby iLike Lego » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:24 am

Neat! I might buy a few "Toy Story" sets. Even though I love "Cars" and collect the diecast line, I can't see myself collecting the Duplos, but maybe for the younger in my family.

I'd love for them to make LEGO lines of Wall-E and Pirates of the Caribbean. Both are really cool and have a lot of potential as a line. I'd buy every one of those sets.

Perhaps I'll collect the "Toy Story" ones, too. I'd have to see them to decide, though.
iLike Lego

Postby Crusader » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:39 am

The Toy Story movies are great, and I'm certain a Buzz Lightyear fig will end up in the Crusader household. It is a little odd, that Lego will be making a toy minifig version of what is already a toy.
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - G.K. Chesterton
Crusader

Postby Jargon » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:16 am

DestructiveDelirium wrote:Now I'm curious as to how they will make Potato-head :S

I doubt we'll see non-Toy Story original characters like Potato Head. Hasbro and the respective toymakers would have a conniption fit.
    - Aaron
Jargon

Postby legorevolution » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:28 am

Well this certainly should be interesting- we'll see a lot of new fleshie figs XD When you read the Prince of Persia theme did anyone else think ZOMG Perfect sets/figs for Assassin's Creed?! I did ;)
Victory? Victory, you say? Master Obi-Wan, not victory. The shroud of the dark side has fallen. Begun, The Clone War has.
legorevolution

Postby Jettbacca » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:28 pm

This will be interesting.

The world would end if Zac Efron got turned into LEGO. Same with Miley Cyrus. :lol:
In the words of Dr.Evil- "All I want are some sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"
Jettbacca

Postby Master Fetty » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:44 pm

Remember - we don't know what scale these sets will be in. It could end up being stuf like a child-friendly Woody similar to the UCS Grevious. Or a heck of a lot of new moulds.
Master Fetty

Postby kbjork » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:10 pm

Please, please, please no Hannah Montana! But I'm excited about the Toy Story line - I really want to see how they make Woody look like Woody (you know, skinny and tall). And, of course, Buzz Lightyear should be fabulous. I hope my kids still like Toy Story when the Lego sets come out so I have an excuse to buy 'em!
kbjork

Postby GMan » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:59 pm

I love the possibility of Woody, Buzz, Rex (I don't know of any famous green T-Rex toys serving as the basis for him, so I doubt TLC would have trouble licensing him), Jessie, and/or Zurg minifigures... We'll probably be getting all sorts of pieces, from a red-brown version of the old cowboy hat, to a red cowboy hat (for Jessie), to... Maybe a new color for the Agents cyborg arm to stand in for Zurg's launcher "action feature" arm?

I was meaning to rewatch the Toy Story films anyways, but now I'll have to do it pronto so I have more potential minifigs to hope for. I heart Pixar, so I'm pretty excited for this.
GMan

Postby natelite » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:45 pm

Am I the only one who thinks that the TS franchise will comprise mostly construction action figures rather than minifig playsets?

Don't get me wrong. I would love a mf buzz and a mf woody. I just think it's easier to make construction figures of the chars. Plus you can incorporate some of the play feature of the toys themselves like a light brick as a laser beam for buzz, a sound brick for woody. A brickbuilt piggy coinbank. An RC lego model of RC. a zurg that shoots rubber balls. :D

Unlike SW with lots of vehicles, the main appeal of TS is the variety of chars. It will be hard for TLG to sell bricks/sets if not in some form of construction figures.

Just my thoughts.

if however they went ahead with playsets, i hope they make a mountable lego piggy. that mold can be reused in the lego farm series, in medieval village settings, or as warhogs (with a suitable head armor) for the trolls in the fantasy castle theme.
natelite

Postby Teekay » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:31 pm

Jettbacca wrote:This will be interesting.

The world would end if Zac Efron got turned into LEGO. Same with Miley Cyrus. :lol:

I bet you're lucky enough not to have a sister who is obsessed with High School Mucical and Hannah Montana like I do. She'd go crazy if they made it.

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Next

Return to Licensed Themes