Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Pirate Tic-Tac-Toe cheap parts.

A Member of LEGO Company's staff drops in here from time to time to answer questions from LEGO fans like you.

Pirate Tic-Tac-Toe cheap parts.

Postby RocketClone » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:43 am

I was on eurobricks 3 days ago and i went over to the pirates thread and i noticed a topic called: Pirate Tic-Tac-Toe cheap part alert!

And i clicked on it and it said that the torsos and hands looked differently and cheaply not like the other sets.

And then i went over to my lego store bought it then compared and they looked different! They had the color like..Dare i say it megabloks legos!

And now to the question are some LEGO bred battle packs/Tic-Tac-Toe/Chess sets always made with this sort of shotty material?

The link is here.

A special thanks to eurobricks member Apache for this Info.
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Re: Pirate Tic-Tac-Toe cheap parts.

Postby Solo » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:59 am

1. It's not an isolated problem, gear from other themes suffers from this too.
2. This is already under discussion here, and I know this isn't the first time the quality issue came up about non-set figures seeming substandard.
3. Preview your posts before submitting them. I hate having to go in and clean up borked code tags in lazy posts... so I might just delete your post instead next time.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby RocketClone » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:08 am

Solo wrote:1. It's not an isolated problem, gear from other themes suffers from this too.
2. This is already under discussion here, and I know this isn't the first time the quality issue came up about non-set figures seeming substandard.
3. Preview your posts before submitting them. I hate having to go in and clean up borked code tags in lazy posts... so I might just delete your post instead next time.

Sorry my bad.
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Postby Solo » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:42 am

Also, I've already warned you directly about quoting posts instead of just replying, and yet... there you go again. :S
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby meeotch » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:41 pm

I was wondering about something earlier, and it relates to this particular issue. I understand that answer may not be available, because it just may be none of our business, but I was wondering if every plant that makes components for Lego, particularly in countries other than Denmark, are actually made by The Lego Company, or if the factories are technically independant companies who have a contract with Lego and so for whom Lego is the sole client? I know that many multinational companies have this type of arrangement (Nike readily comes to mind for a Portlander) and this is often where quality control issues start. It is easier for a parent company to let small infractions of quality slide when it's technically a different company making the errors.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby RocketClone » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Well solo i thought that topic was just about SW magnets not about both.
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Postby RocketClone » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:07 pm

And meeotch there are other countries that make LEGO parts.

Denmark,Hungry,Mexico,and the Czech Republic.

However when i looked at one of my pirate sets,(loot island)One of the countries listed was China.What do they do?
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Postby meeotch » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:10 pm

RocketClone:

I'm well aware that parts are made in countries other than Denmark, as my post clearly states. I'm wondering if those parts are officially (financially? not sure what the word is that I'm looking for, but anyone with a basic knowledge of international business and manufacturing is going to know what I'm talking about) made by The Lego Company, or some other company called something like "International Plastic Block Company" (let's just call them Company X) that has a contract with Lego so that Company X makes ONLY Lego elements and Company X's ONLY customer is Lego. Many companies have this type of relationship, and this makes them closely affiliated while still being separate legal entities.
meeotch

Postby RocketClone » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:30 pm

Yes those parts are officialy made by the lego company.But what deters me is the fact that they are cheap looking,the boys down in eurobricks believe that they are selling figures that didn't make the cut for the other sets,or they are giving out some figs that they did wrong. :S
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Postby meeotch » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:42 pm

Can someone with a basic grasp of sentence structure and whose words I have a chance of trusting address my questions next?
meeotch

Postby Puddleglum » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:55 pm

Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Return to Ask LEGO