Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Star Wars (EU)] Nebulon Ranger

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Star Wars (EU)] Nebulon Ranger

Postby xadrian » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:09 am

Hey all. This is my first official MOC. As a back story I spent about 20 years collecting Space and then Star Wars sets. I stopped buying a few years ago (after Episode II sets really.) So last year I decided to start breaking them all down and just build instead of collect. I missed building and had all these bricks, why not?

This is the Nebulong Ranger. It's a Crescent-X9 seen in the Dark Horse comic Tales of the Jedi (which is about 15 years old.) There's very little online to help with the details so a lot of this I had to make up, but I've always liked this ship and I'm pretty proud of the result. It is a beast, though and I probably bit off more than I could chew. I think I'll stick to swoops and small fighters now. :lol:

Thanks for looking.

Rest of the set here.

I'm a little sad because I'd made some improvements to it but last night my kids had some friends over and I let them loose in my room and I lost both this and my Y-Wing. I may be able to rebuild but I doubt it.
xadrian

Re: [Star Wars (EU)] Nebulon Ranger

Postby Jake » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:22 am

Wow, this is impressive. Good rendition of a rather unusual design, I really like the use of brown A-Wing canopys as vents. How sturdy is that giant wing, it looks somewhat precarious...
Jake

Postby xadrian » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:35 am

That was part of the redo that didn't get photographed. It actually was fairly precarious at first, but I got it rebuilt so it wasn't just attached with studs, but had some technic bricks and poles running into the main fuselage. The angle of the wing ensured the weight was sitting on top and wasn't pulling away which was advantageous.
xadrian

Postby MrCRskater » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:03 pm

This bad boy is epic! Didn't see the comic, but am familiar with the design via technical drawings. . . very challenging to build I'm sure, a feat of engineering! I'm also attracted to the asymmetrical design (I enjoyed the Rogue Shadow for this reason, too). The only thing I would have liked to see would have been some blue/orange transparent discs as engine lights. So sad that it got trashed. . . I sure hope you can put it back together!
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase