After yesterday’s leaks of their newest Creator Landmark Building set, 10253 Big Ben, LEGO followed up by sending out the official assets for the set. The set contains 4,163 pieces, has an MSRP of $249.99 USD, and will be available starting July 1 at LEGO [email protected] and Brand Retail locations worldwide.
We only received six pictures of the set, four of which are of the front of the box. You can get a lot more details by watching the designer video, embedded below. There is a function to move the hands of the four clocks but the minute and hour hand move at the same time and are not independent of each other. There’s only so much LEGO can do. There’s a dial on the side that you can spin and the hands will spin with it. You can also lift the top off of Elizabeth Tower to take a peek at Big Ben’s bells.
10253 Big Ben
Ages 16+. 4,163 pieces.
US $249.99 – CA $299.99 – DE 219.99€ – UK £169.99 – DK 1999.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Build the world’s best-known clock tower!
Get up close to Big Ben! The clock was first started on May 31st 1859, and Big Ben’s first chime rang from the 96-meter Elizabeth Tower on July 11th of the same year. This over 23” (60cm) high LEGO® interpretation of the iconic structure is a tribute to its engineering and architecture. It features a detailed facade with statues, shields and windows, and a clock tower with 4 adjustable clock dials and a removable roof allowing access to the belfry, plus buildable exterior elements including a sidewalk, lawn and a tree depicting the building’s location. This model makes a great display piece for the home or office.
• Big Ben features a detailed section of the Westminster Palace and the adjoining Elizabeth Tower, 4 detailed clock dials with movable hour and minutes hands, and a sidewalk, tree and grass area depicting the building’s location.
• Remove the top of the tower to access the Big Ben bell.
• Put your LEGO® building skills to the test!
• Special elements include 4 printed clock faces.
• Rare elements include ski poles, flowers and corner plates in molded gold color, and tinted-translucent elements.
• This set includes over 4,000 LEGO® pieces.
• This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 16+.
• Big Ben measures over 23” (60cm) high, 17” (44cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep.
Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning
July 1, 2016 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone:
US Contact Center 1-800-453-4652
CA (English) Contact Center 1-800-453-4652
CA (French) Contact Center 1-877-518-5346
European Contact Center 00-800-5346-1111