Apparently, yesterday was Pokémon Day, the day that Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green was released in Japan eons ago. So GameFreak put out a Pokémon Presents video, their version of a Nintendo Direct. You can watch it above or read the Cliffs Notes below:
- Pokémon GO: Alola region Pokemon from the Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon games will be appearing starting March 1.
- Pokémon Masters Ex celebrates its 2.5 anniversary. We’re celebrating half years now? There’s something about trainers and sync pairs. I don’t know. You’ll also get a bunch of gems I think. It might have been this game.
- Pokémon Cafe Remix will have a new delivery feature. Pelipper will deliver items so you can meet new Pokémon.
- Victini will appear for the first time in early 2022.
- Three special events: Bulbasaur Happy Pokémon day, will have a 7 day login bonus
- Increased chance of Shiny Piplup
- You can try the Express Delivery feature 11x at no cost. Sounds like a try before you buy kind of thing.
- 2nd anniversary ill be this June
- Pokémon Unite: the pay-to-win game features new full fury battles which was added yesterday.
- Hoopa is now available, available for everyone to try. You can complete special missions to obtain the Hoopa license.
- Free new gear for your trainer.
- Duraludon will join the game.
- Pokémon Brilliant Diamond / Pokémon Shining Pearl: Shaymin is now obtainable via Oak’s Letter, an item you get through the Mystery Gift function.
- Pokémon Legends: Arceus got a free content update today. The content update features new mass outbreaks, new training battles, and new quests. You can also get 30 each of Ultra Balls, Gigaton Balls, and Jet Balls for free using the password ARCEUSADVENTURE. Also, there’ll be an online animated series based on the Hisui region launching later this year.
- Pokémon Scarlet / Pokémon Violet: This was the big reveal, the next gen Pokémon game. It looks like it takes the open world approach from PL:A and applies it to the same stale formula of a regular Pokémon game. The big shocker is that this game will be releasing late 2022. I’m betting money on a November time frame. It seems so soon to be releasing another Pokémon mainline game but I guess that’s easy to do once the PL:A engine got finished. They showed the starters and here they are:
You must log in to post a comment.