My wife actually caught this deal in the Target ad, but Amazon goes a few cents better. Pick up Toy Story Army Men on Patrol (7595) for $8.97! And as usual, spend over $25 at Amazon and get your order shipped free.
Archive for March, 2010
Update: K-mart has updated the coupon to reflect which stores it is valid for.
Dealnews is reporting a printable coupon for $10 off any purchase of $20 or more. The coupon is valid until May 15th, or until they decide to stop honoring it. Download the coupon and find your n
Thanks to DarthMC for the tip!
Starting 8am EST March 19 through 11:59pm EST May 15, you can enjoy a $50 discount off of 10189 Taj Mahal, down to $249.99 from $299.99 (USD). This offer is good for U.S. and Canada LEGO Shop@Home customers and is also good through all LEGO brand retail locations as well. If you plan on taking advantage of this deal and live close to a retail location, I would suggest making the drive so you can use your VIP card. And if the store is out of stock, you can place an order in the store with free shipping and have it delivered to your door and still get VIP points added to your account.
Build the breathtaking Taj Mahal!
The famous Taj Mahal jewel of India is known all over the globe for its incredible beauty and elegance. Now you can recreate this modern wonder of the world for yourself! Designed for experienced builders, the LEGO Taj Mahal model features advanced building techniques, rare elements and colors, and realistic details of architecture. With over 5,900 pieces, the Taj Mahal makes an awesome addition to any LEGO collection!
- Amazingly detailed model features the base, minarets, domes, finials, arches, and stairs in the front!
- Measures over 20″ (51cm) wide and over 16″ (41cm) tall!
Update: Apparently, you can just buy it.
Spend $11.99 or more on a LEGO Star Wars set, and get a free Chrome Stormtrooper polybag figure. Basically, buy a battlepack and it’s yours. This deal is good for US Toys’R'Us retail locations as well as online. I couldn’t find an end date for this promotion, so I assume the offer good while supplies last. Don’t hesitate, get thee to a TRU now!
Thanks to doodlebird for the heads up.
LEGO was kind enough to send along hi-res clean images of series one. Even though they are computer renderings, they still show off each figure very nicely. These are the same images used on LEGO employee business cards. Series 1 is due out in June for $1.99 USD and
$2.49 $2.99 CAN. Click through for the flickr page where you can view the hi-res image. Enjoy!
Update: I’ve added a poll to the forum page. Go and vote now for your favorite minifigure!
Here are a set of clean images from the upcoming Prince of Persia line. Click through for the flickr page where you can view the super hi-res images by clicking on the “All Sizes” button above each photo. 7572 Quest Against Time was not included in this batch. The series is set to be released in April. Oh hey, that’s next month. If I were a betting man, I’d guess Toys’R'Us stores would be the first places you’d be able to find these sets. Just be aware of any possible markup over MSRP before you pull the trigger there.
P.S. I have no idea what happened to the Desert Ambush picture. It’s been upscaled horribly.
I found out some more information regarding the white Boba Fett minifig that was passed out at Toy Fair, along with some other tidbits.
White Boba Fett
- The white Boba Fett figure was the result of a brainstorm idea as an answer to the question of “What would a prototype minifig look like?” They picked a cool figure and came up with the color white to use as the test shot.
- 10,000 figures will be available for the North American market, less than 20,000 globally
The top 100 Shop@Home customers will be given one Fett and one 2010 product booklet (same one that was given out to Toy Fair attendees) for free. Top 100 recipients will be determined by sales records of LEGO Star Wars products.Update: I’ve just been informed that this is not true. Stay tuned for details.
- They will NOT show up randomly inserted in 2010 sets.
- Some Fetts will be given away at San Diego Comic Con and Star Wars Celebration V and possibly fan-held LEGO conventions. They will not be given away at LEGO’s booth, so don’t flood their booth asking how to get/buy/steal/borrow one. Exact details on how they will be distributed to be determined.
- The white Fetts are intended for fans, so the distribution plan will not follow previous limited figures such as C-3PO or Darth Vader, or even the Stormtrooper. LEGO is figuring things out as they go along.
- A white Boba Fett keychain was also produced, a limited run of about 100. These were given out as gifts from LEGO executives.
2010 Product Book
- The 2010 product booklet had a limited print run of about 2,000. A few were available to FAO Schwartz customers at the end of December last year. I’m pretty sure this is limited to New York seeing as to how that’s the only retail FAO that’s still up and running.
Chrome Stormtrooper Polybag
- The Chrome Stormtrooper polybag is an international Toys’R'Us exclusive. For countries that do not have a TRU, there may another means available to acquire the figure; details are unknown at this time.
- As reported before, Spain TRU stores have started their promotion where if you spend 30 Euro on LEGO Star Wars, you receive the polybagged minifig for free.
- U.S. TRU stores will begin their promotion on or around October.
As usual, FBTB will try to stay on top of the news on how you can try to get any of the exclusives.