Fred Meyer b&m stores are having an unadvertised 20% off sale on LEGO. Thanks to forum member Mister Ed for the tip.
Archive for March, 2009
I guess the earlier on sale date of March 10 was a glitch in their system for the availability date for 10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker from LEGO Shop@Home has changed back to its original on sale date of March 30. Your wallet thanks you.
I couldn’t think of another word for “giveaway” that started with the letter “m”. Undeterred, I offer to you, loyal readers, this post of this month’s giveaway. Inspired by the Target-exclusive MINI sets, this is your chance to win yourself a multitude of MINIs, everything pictured here except the ugly carpeting:
1 copy each of:
- 6965 TIE Interceptor
- 6966 Mini Jedi Starfighter
- 6967 Mini ARC-170 Starfighter
- 8031 V-19 Torrent
- 8033 General Grievous’ Starfighter
Unfortunately, I couldn’t find my stash of MINI TIE Fighters to add to the prize pool. If you saw my storage problem, you’d understand.
To win, all you have to do is send an email to email@example.com with the subject line of March of the MINIs. You have until 11:59pm PDT March 22, 2009 to enter. More rules apply, you can read those in the next paragraph.
The new Mini V-19 Torrent and Grievous Starfighter sets are starting to show up in the seasonal promotion sections at Target with all the Easter candy and toys, so keep your eyes open.
Thanks to forum members Mofo Jones and skyline for tipping us off. I’m off to Target myself now to see if I’m as lucky as him!
Courtesy of Gizmodo, here’s one amazing stop-motion video of the Ultimate Collector’s Millennium Falcon being built by minifigs. Be sure to watch all the way to the end, there’s plenty of hilarity throughout! Kudos to David Gunstensen for making such an amazing film!
Happy Friday, Bothans! Here we are again on that magical day known as Friday, and here we are again with another round of forum highlights from this past week. Check ‘em out!
• So, you wanna to build a podracer? [Building Tips Thread] — Man, how ’bout this Podracer contest? Can’t wait to see what you guys cook up! Click on over here for some protips on what you should keep in mind while building your creation for the contest.
• [CONTEST] 2009 Podracer Challenge! — When you’re done reading the tip thread and you’ve got your shiny new podracer all buffed up and ready to race, hop over here to submit your creation! Hope you win, slugger!
• Chrome Vader Tracking Thread — Are you one of the few, the proud, the Chrome Darth Vader owners? Ace has setup a thread where you can let everyone know what set your found yours in, so click here and report in with your findings!
• Remember Potter? — This one’s been flying under my radar since it started! Check out this thread for some conversation about the ups and the downs of the late great Harry Potter line.
Next up, here’s some highlights from this past week’s round of submissions to the MOCs forum!
• [Star Wars] AT-RT — AlternativeRadio brings us a really spiffy rendition of the Episode III AT-RT. Check it out!
• [PODRACER/CAD] BattlePod Galactica — Jake brings us a tongue-in-cheek fake submission to the Podracer contest. I got a good laugh out of the engines being Colonial Vipers jammed in little hangars.
• [Harry Potter] Front of Hogwarts — One of our up-and-coming stars of the community, Tohst brings us this GORGEOUS rendition of the front facade of Hogwarts.
• [SPACE] Wryneck Heavy Target Striker — Buster shows off one sweet little fighter that he’s created. Dig that retro-lookin’ cannon!
• [Classic Space] LL-138 — Normally a master of the MINI, roguebantha shows off his totally awesome Neo Classic Space creation, as part of the celebration of the 30 year anniversary of Classic Space!
All this just grazes the surface, friends! You guys are producing some amazing stuff all across the board, and FBTB has never looked so good. Way to go, Bothans! Have a great weekend!
Brace yourselves, your loved ones, and your wallets, for the availability date for 10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker from LEGO Shop@Home has been bumped up to March 10 which is only 5 days away. The graphic may still say March 30ths, but I’m going to go with the text on the product page.
Well, “discovered” would probably be the more appropriate term, but thanks to forum member bigospedros, the next Brickmaster exclusive set will be:
Completely underwhelming, I must say, since we already got a MINI AT-TE before. It looks much beefier than the previous one, but it lacks the printed wedge slopes that gave it that extra bit of detail. You can join the discussion already in progress:
Steve Witt, liason to the LEGO community for The LEGO Group, comic book geek, and all around nice guy, posted over at his blog, Partially Obvious, a short preview of the 10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT Carrier that’s set to blow up your wallet at the end of this month. In fact, the model he built that his preview is based on was the one that was unveiled at Toy Fair 2009. Lucky guy, that Steve.