Gizmodo.com has posted pics and details of LEGO’s upcoming UCS Lambda-class Imperial Shuttle. Pics are reposted below. Weighing in at 2,504 pcs, it appears to be minifig scale as it comes with 5 minifigs: Darth Vader, Shuttle Pilot, Imperial Officer, Stormtrooper, and Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker. Set will be available starting in September of this year for a cool price of $260 dollars. Save your pennies now, folks.
Update: I just received photo assets and more information to this set. Release date is September 2010. Prices are $259.99 US, $309.99 CA, £ 239.99 UK, and €259.99 for the European Union. Pictures can be viewed on FBTB’s flickr account, thumbnails and more details below.
The elegant Lambda-class Imperial Shuttle™ transports the Empire’s elite and the occasional secret strike team of Rebel commandos all across the galaxy. Now you can build this huge and iconic Star Wars™ vehicle in true minifigure scale for the first time ever! The Imperial Shuttle is authentically detailed with rotating double laser wing cannons and a four-seat cockpit. This Ultimate Collector’s model features an opening canopy, detachable landing gear, a stand for display in flight or landing modes, a labeled display plaque, and gear-driven folding wings with removable activation keys. Completed model measures 28″ (71 cm) tall on stand and 22″ (57 cm) wide with wings deployed. Includes 5 minifigures: Darth Vader™, Imperial Pilot, Imperial Officer, Stormtrooper and Luke Skywalker™.
• Includes 5 minifigures: Darth Vader™, Shuttle Pilot, Imperial Officer, Stormtrooper™ and Luke Skywalker™.
• Features rotating double laser wing cannons!
• Open the cockpit roof to access the interior and seat the minifigures inside!
• Wings fold up and down by turning 2 keys on rear of model!
• Model can be displayed on landing gear or landing gear can be removed to display in flying mode!
• Includes display stand, name plate and label sheet!
• Measures 28″ (71 cm) tall on stand and 22″ (57 cm) wide with wings deployed!
Update 2: LEGO also uploaded a designer interview up to youtube. Video below: