TheOneRing.net put out a call for entries for their upcoming art show, An Unexpected Art Show. The one-day event will be held at Lot 613 located at 613 Imperial Street, Los Angeles, CA and is set for February 22, 2013 from 7pm to 1am, and entries will be accepted until February 1, 2013. Fans and artists of all ages are encouraged to attend and participate. Tickets to attend the show are $15 in advance, $20 at the door. OneLUG will be attendance with their Last March of the Ents display. Full details below and on their site.
Information and Rules for Artists
Please reserve your display space in advance. All material that is pre-registered and pre-paid will be displayed.
ART SHOW FEES: Space may be reserved by artists for a small reservation fee (see Registration Form). Free standing displays are allowed with prearrangement. There is a 15% commission charged on all sold artwork, including any artwork that is a print. All sales of artwork paid by credit card may be subject to an additional 2.75% processing fee.
PRINTS: TheOneRing.net encourages the sale of originals and prints, priced accordingly. All prints sold are also subject to a 15% commission fee, and will be sold by TheOneRing.net and Art Show staff. Prints may be mounted in space reserved by artist and if sold, may be replaced with additional prints by Art Show staff.
MAIL-IN ART: We will be accepting a limited amount of mail-in art. Please make note upon registration if you need to mail-in your artwork. The shipping address will be sent out once space has been reserved. All artists mailing artwork to the Art Show must ship prepaid. We will accept mail-in entries up to February 1, 2013. You must utilize reusable cartons, sufficient packing materials and must include sufficient postage to cover return shipping and insurance. Please specify which service (UPS, USPS, ETC.) you wish used to return your art and the exact amount of insurance, if any. If no special instructions are given, art will be returned via UPS with no insurance. If art is sold, the return postage will be refunded in whole, or in part, depending on amount of artwork sold.
PAYMENT AND DEADLINES: Payment for all fees must be made by PayPal in U.S. funds. All payments and the registration form must be received by February 1, 2013. If space fills, we will have a waiting list for available space in case of cancellations. Please let us know as soon as possible if your status (attending, mail-in, canceling, etc.) suddenly changes. Cancellations must be submitted by February 1, 2013 to receive a refund. If an artist that is pre-registered and pre-paid is not at the show by Friday 6pm, their space will be resold to the next person on the waiting list unless the artist has made prior arrangements with the Art Show Director.
GENERAL INFORMATION: Payments will be mailed to artists 3 to 12 weeks after the show. The time delay is necessary to allow for the processing of charge cards and for delivering and collecting on sold art that is abandoned at the show. Buyers will be allowed to pay with cash, credit card, or personal checks with sufficient identification. Be prepared for the Art Show staff to handle your sold artwork.
General Art Show Rules
1. Artwork should be your original interpretation of a Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, or Tolkien related theme. Subject matter must not violate existing copyrights or trademarks. This means no direct copies of any of the actors from the films in character, or the animated version of characters, or from any of the published artworks currently in existence. If you have a verified license with New Line and Warner Bros, please specify.
2. We reserve the right to refuse the exhibition of any piece for any reason. Works that are judged to be libelous, plagiaristic, obscene, or detrimental to the value of trademarked characters will not be permitted. If mailing in artwork, before submitting your registration please send photos of your artwork so that we can approve entries prior to shipping.
3. All two-dimensional artwork must be matted, mounted, or framed. Attending artists and agents can hang their own art. Framed, matted, or mounted artwork must be ready to hang. If you are mailing in art, please include a diagram of how you wish your art to be displayed in your space. Please include a price tag or allow enough room to attach a price tag to adequately display each item. See rule 5 below.
4. Small 3-D items like jewelry or miniatures should be securely fastened to a large display board or other secure means. Each artist presenting small items is responsible to provide the appropriate securing means. We are not responsible for theft or damage to pieces displayed.
5. All artwork must be clearly labeled.
a. Once an artist sends in their entry and reservation form and fee payment, they will be sent Price Tags and Control Sheets.
b. A Price Tag must be prepared for all pieces, whether for sale or not, that includes the title of the piece and the medium used (pastels, pencil, oil, acrylic, etc.)
c. The title and artistâ€™s name and contact address must be on the back of each piece or print. This can be accomplished with a return address label or business card.
6. Prices of artwork may not be changed during the show without the express approval of the Art Show Director.
7. The Art Show staff will begin set up on Thursday, February 21 between the hours of 12pm-8pm. Artists may also arrive on Friday, the day of the show starting at 3pm. If you have prepaid and arrive during set up on Thursday and Friday to assist in Art Show setup, you will receive your preferred selection of space within certain restrictions. If you are unable to reclaim your artwork at the close of the Art Show, please make prior arrangements with the Art Show Director.
8. Artists should plan to pick up their unsold artwork at the close of the show, Friday 1am or between the hours of 8am-10am on Saturday, February 23.
9. We will charge a 15% sales commission on all pieces sold in the Art Show. Please allow for this when calculating your Sale Price.
10. A limited number of pieces will be selected by Art Show staff to be sold in a live auction at 9pm during the day of the Art Show. Bidding will start at the sale price set by each artist. If a piece of artwork remains unsold after the live auction, it will be placed back on display for regular sale for the remainder of the Art Show.
If you have any questions or need more information we can be reached at email@example.com (be sure to include as much information as possible). If you would like to make a reservation for space in the Art Show, please use the Registration Form. Thank you for your cooperation and interest in participating!