Yes, she is a big one.
Standing at just over 1m tall (that’s a little over 3 feet for us yanks), LEGO Ideas newest entry from their crowd-sourced platform is 21309 NASA Apollo Saturn V. Designed by saabfan, the project reached the minimum 10,000 supporters way back in November of 2015 and was revealed as an official set back in June of 2016. Now, a year after that reveal, you’ll finally be able to purchase the Apollo Saturn V set starting on June 1, 2017. The set includes 1,969 pieces and will set you back just $119.99 USD. Call me crazy but that seems dirt cheap. The number 1969 is also significant in that it was the year of the first moon landing. I may not be a smart man but I’m thinking that is more than just a coincidence.
Some details that I geeked out over:
– The rocket includes separate display stands so that all three stages of the rocket can be displayed horizontally simultaneously.
– The lunar lander actually fits inside the Apollo spacecraft.
– Three astronaut microfigs are included.
You can read the full press release below after the picture dump.
21309 NASA Apollo Saturn V
Available June 1, 2017.
Ages 14+. 1,969 pieces.
Build the first rocket to land people on the Moon!
Display and role-play with this majestic meter-high LEGO® brick model of the NASA Apollo Saturn V. Packed with authentic details, it features 3 removable rocket stages, including the S-IVB third stage with the lunar lander and lunar orbiter. The set also includes 3 stands to display the model horizontally, 3 new-for-June-2017 astronaut microfigures for role-play recreations of the Moon landings, plus a booklet about the manned Apollo missions and the fan designers of this educational and inspirational LEGO Ideas set.
• Features a meter-high (approximately 1:110 scale) model of the NASA Apollo Saturn V with a removable S-IC first rocket stage with main rocket engine details, removable S-II second rocket stage with rocket engine details, removable S-IVB third rocket stage with the Apollo spacecraft and rescue rocket at top of the whole spacecraft, plus 3 stands to display the model horizontally.
• The Apollo spacecraft features the lunar lander and the lunar orbiter.
• Also includes 3 new-for-June-2017 astronaut microfigures.
• Great for display and role-playing the manned Apollo Moon missions.
• Includes a booklet about the manned Apollo Moon missions and the fan designers of this set.
• This set includes over 1,900 pieces.
• Measures over 39″ (100cm) high and 6” (17cm) in diameter.