[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4713: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
LEGO Star Wars Forum | From Bricks To Bothans • View topic - Star Wars: Evolved Poll
template->_php_include(): File ././../wp-content/themes/custom/baseHeader.php does not exist or is empty

Star Wars: Evolved Poll

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Please check your top 7:

Poll ended at Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:55 pm

0%
0%
0%
0%
3%
0%
2%
0%
2%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
1%
1%
0%
4%
2%
1%
1%
9%
0%
0%
2%
1%
1%
3%
7%
6%
0%
0%
1%
4%
2%
0%
1%
6%
1%
0%
1%
1%
1%
0%
4%
2%
1%
3%
1%
0%
2%
0%
1%
0%
0%
4%
1%
0%
0%
1%
4%
0%
1%
0%
1%
0%
0%
3%
1%
1%
0%
1%

Total votes : 822

Re: Star Wars: Evolved Poll

Postby dWhisper » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:27 am

Like Poe said... BB-8 is special! Also, his minifigure is just terrible at staying in anything.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Lord Melchett » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:23 am

Some fantastic builds in here. I love looking out for the cleverest parts useage, and have to take my hat off to goatman for the Yavin 4 planet idea. Superb.
Lord Melchett

Postby foximus-prime » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:48 am

foximus-prime

Postby goatman461 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:32 pm

goatman461

Postby Ghalil » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:43 am

As some others have said, all mocs have something admirable and it was very cool to be able to participate in such a contest. But seeing all the mocs I started wondering, why did we build what we built? In my case, I built the blue and white speederbike Azuriël mainly because of parts selection. I used to have a lot of Harry Potter and some Star Wars Lego, but the Star Wars stuff is still in a few old mocs I need to take pictures of before I might part them out. But I found a couple of the long blue parts which looked sleek and cool and started from there. It needed to have something to do with speed and agility. I chose a speederbike because it wouldn't need as many parts of a color as opposed to a bigger ship.
Ghalil

Postby murphquake » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:21 am

if you submitted a ship for this contest i now officially HATE you. if you made the vote limit 7 not 27 i hate you too.

Seriously, there's so much wonderful stuff here I have no idea what to pick. I kinda wish it had been a MOC Madness so I could only have impossible decisions between 2 ships, not cutting down the original 70 or so votes i clicked =-D
murphquake

Postby citizen » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:42 am

citizen

Postby Ghalil » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:39 am

The slave mocs were particularly impressive, I liked that yours seemed to be a bit more creative in the parts used, differing from the original model, like your canopy for instance. I do think more red/dark colours in the center would look better than the grey bit.
Ghalil

Postby foximus-prime » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:41 am

foximus-prime

Postby Flynn » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:41 pm

Flynn

Postby unordained » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:31 pm

unordained

Postby foximus-prime » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:45 pm

:lol: Oh unordained how right you are. Honestly most of my goodies I build look good but fail the swoosh test. Sadly it's just the sacrifice we have to make to get the right look sometimes.
foximus-prime

Postby PlutoVsPlanet » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:27 am

PlutoVsPlanet

Postby naugem » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:19 am

naugem

Postby Blue2 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:20 pm

I spent most of my time fighting with the rotation part. I ended up taking off half of the body section due to it failing to hold steady. In hindsight i should have sized it all down or gone with my second idea - a revamped cloud car.
Blue2

Postby gene3S » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:07 pm

Great Entries Everyone! Good luck to all and my uncasted 7 votes.
gene3S

Postby LordEnder » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:37 pm

Am I slow or can I not vote due to my lack of forum posts? All I see are pictures and a 'bar' next to them - no buttons or otherwise.

These are great sets. I wish I'd sat down and built a couple of the ideas I had, but it would have been a challenge with these great entries to make the cut.
LordEnder

Postby ravingrem » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:45 am

Why I build my Airspeeder? Well, I started looking through brickset's star wars set collection, figuring that if Lego had not made a lego model of it, it would obviously be too obscure. With the notable exception of Padme's shuttle. But looking at you, Skyhopper!

Anyway, I selected a few I liked and were somewhat non-obvious, being the Sand crawler, the Pirate Tank, and the Koro-2 All environment Airspeeder.

I actually found there is another intriguing sand crawler design:

But I abandoned the idea because I could think of a new shape, and frankly was a bit scared of how big the model would have to be.

I did sketches of all the models, but the airspeeder was the first where I could evolve the shape and found it would look cool with large, visible engines.

I also found that the original Lego model (in set ) was a really nice Lego spaceship. But it looks pretty terrible if you compare it to the actual ship in the movie.
ravingrem

Postby Ghalil » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:55 am

It is pretty cool to learn about the underlying motivations of some of the builds, thanks for all the replies. It sometimes even increases the appreciation for a moc. I do love a sleek looking moc and the airspeeders flow and tail and the final y-wings cockpit are beautiful indeed.

All the Y-wing entries inspired me while playing with my sons Duplo(we build stuff and he enjoys destroying it)

The ultimate Duplo collectors series Y-wing:

by , on Flickr

Alas, it did not survive its heroic battle with Darth Pacifier..
Ghalil

Postby Darth Dee » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:43 pm

I hate to admit this, but I did do a Duplo prototype for an entry in the alphabet fighter contest a couple of years ago while visiting relatives. Building in Duplo does give you an interesting perspective in form...
Darth Dee

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds