[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4713: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
LEGO Star Wars Forum | From Bricks To Bothans • View topic - MOC the 80s! Contest
Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

MOC the 80s! Contest

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: MOC the 80s! Contest

Postby Solo » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:19 am

Solo

Postby matoli » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:12 pm

Correct, soon updates, thanks :-)
matoli

Postby Boyfromvalley » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:15 pm

Okay, here is my entry; Bullet, or Bandit (depending on which market name you prefer) from M.A.S.K. I admit I used the build technic from 76004 Spider-man: Spider Cycle Chase for its wheel gimmick; but did try to do it a different way.
by , on Flickr
by , on Flickr
by , on Flickr

One thing I need to improve on is the forward guns.
Last edited by Solo on Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: images removed to avoid confusion later
Boyfromvalley

Postby Solo » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:57 pm

Bikes are a difficult choice for this because when brick built like you and matoli have done they tend to end up larger than their riders. I'm going to allow that one because it still looks reasonably minifig scale and isn't that much larger than the Spiderman bike you brought up, but like I pointed out to matoli his is about twice the height of a minifigure so it's harder to give it a pass. Minifig scale isn't an exact agreed upon science but comparing to things Lego has had in system sets gives you a good idea.

I do have one nitpick for you, the helmet has to go. We're cool with stickers for this contest but we still aren't allowing modified elements. That appears to be from a key chain by the groove in the top, and repainting is out.

Solo

Postby cakeinmilk » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:35 pm

So, hopefully obviously, I've based this MOC on the ThunderTank. I tried to retain the play features of the original toy but you have to manually open the mouth, lift the claws, and extricate the gun/chair assembly from the back compartment (it does all fit and unfolds nicely). I'm pretty happy with it overall.

The proportions are mostly correct from what I could glean from a variety of photographs, my hazy memory and the limitations of LEGO.

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr
cakeinmilk

Postby Boyfromvalley » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:54 pm

Boyfromvalley

Postby DagsBricks » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:48 pm

As one of the competition I would say that you did a fair job and I think the size of the bike should be sufficient, especially given the size of sets and .
DagsBricks

Postby Solo » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:55 pm

Yep. Looks good. Thanks.

I removed your other images so this post counts as your entry now.

Solo

I only want to see you laughing...

Postby sparkart » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:33 am

sparkart

Postby banthafodder » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:10 pm

That's pretty scary there Eric.
banthafodder

Postby rolli » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:18 am

Do my flickr images that I embed here need to be public or can I use the guest pass feature for that? I'd prefer not to clutter my stream with detail shots and the likes.

Oh, and: James Bond vehicles are fine?
rolli

Postby Boyfromvalley » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:58 am

Boyfromvalley

Postby Solo » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:38 pm

Solo

TRON Light Cycle

Postby sparkart » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:12 pm

I tried to make this TRON Light Cycle as small as possible on the outside, but still able to fit a LEGO mini-figure on the inside, and do that without taking it apart. It's a tight fit, but this model does indeed conceal a helmeted, whole mini-figure, without removing any parts, but by opening a side-door and inserting the driver.

I think it's funny how the wide-body mini-fig proportions make this LEGO Light Cycle husky-chubby, too, almost Chibi. I made a red one, because that's the only color in which all the requisite parts can be found. In the 1982 movie, RAM piloted the red one, TRON drove the orange/gold version, Flynn's was yellow, and the MCP conscripts used blue Light Cycles.

by , on Flickr.

by , on Flickr.

I wanted to put a neck bracket on the figure, and attach a round 1 x 1 tile to his back to represent his data disc, but with the extra equipment, the figure can't squeeze through the door.

by , on Flickr.

With the front wheel removed, you can see the minifig's helmeted head.

by , on Flickr.

by , on Flickr.
sparkart

Postby Flynn » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:00 pm

Holy crap, good show, old man. I was considering doing a lightcycle as well, but now I'm thinking I may go with one of my other options.
Flynn

Postby DagsBricks » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:51 pm

DagsBricks

Postby Trooper10 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:50 pm

Bluesmobile
Tonight only, the fabulous Blues Brothers. Rhythm and Blues review. The Palace Hotel Ballroom. Route 16. Lake Wazzapamani. The fabulous Blues Brothers show band and review. And it's ladies night [pause] tonight at the Palace Hotel Ballroom
by , on Flickr

Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Jake: Hit it.
by , on Flickr

Jake and Elwood....The Blues Brothers
A.k.a. one CMF and one dodgy custom.
by , on Flickr

Elwood: You don't like it?
Jake: No I don't like it... (they jump over the bridge)
Jake: Car's got a lot of pickup.
Elwood: It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Jake: Fix the cigarette lighter.
by , on Flickr

After re-watching the scene I realize I should have popped off all panels, trunk, hood, wheels....
by , on Flickr

See full for comparison to Ecto-1, which I scaled it off (it got a little tall but is close to scale).
Trooper10

Postby crazybirdman » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:43 am

"We're on a mission from God". Spectacular build man!
crazybirdman

Postby matoli » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:02 pm

matoli

Postby DagsBricks » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:55 am

I hate toons!

As a purist builder, I also am not as fond of custom stickers. But this build was so deserving of one and I think it adds so much. Glad I bought a Mclaren P1 for the mass amount of bright light orange!

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr
DagsBricks

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds