Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Review: 30130 MINI Black Pearl

The official Lego set review forum. Please read the Guidelines before posting!

Review: 30130 MINI Black Pearl

Postby Staff » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:06 pm

30130 MINI The Black Pearl

There isn't much to this review so I won't bother with the more link.

30130 MINI Black Pearl is a Target-exclusive in the US and is only available pre-packaged with Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides 3D Blu-ray Limited Edition 5-disc set. In the UK, they were given away earlier this year as a Sun newspaper promotion. Free is about the right price for this set. By itself, it's a terrible representation of the iconic pirate ship. Since I am not a big Pirates fan nor do I have a 3D television, the only reason I bought it was to do this review and hopefully save a few of you readers out there from making a terrible purchase.

Target-exclusive Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides 3D Blu-ray Limited Edition 5-disc set

What I liked: Nothing. Since technically it's 'free', it's a neat little bonus to get some extra LEGO bits

What I didn't: It's a terrible model. It's obvious just by looking at the sails how inaccurate the model is. Adding a few more plates and clips and a longer bar for the center could have easily remedied the inadequate number of sails. The MINI model also has an inverted brown cone which I believe is supposed to represent a Crow's Nest which the Black Pearl doesn't even have. A 1x1 clip plate could have replaced it and represent the flag. And the bow of the ship? Hideous. I mean, who the heck is designing this thing and what are they basing it off of?

Verdict: Save your $30 bucks and put it towards the System scale 4184 The Black Pearl. Unless you're a hardcore Pirates fan that has a 3D home theater system and doesn't mind ugly LEGO sets, you're better off spending your money on something else.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/10/19/review-30130-mini-black-pearl/
Staff

Re: Review: 30130 MINI Black Pearl

Postby mdilthey » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:47 pm

That was... Brutal. Poor Mini-Pearl. IT'S JUST TRYING TO GET BY, MAN!
mdilthey

Postby Brainslugged » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:45 am

mdilthey wrote:That was... Brutal. Poor Mini-Pearl. IT'S JUST TRYING TO GET BY, MAN!

I agree. That poor little Black Pearl must be stunned right now. 30 (?) pieces, FREE and it gets a total smackdown. I think an apology is in order once you calm down from whatever pissed you off today.
Brainslugged

Postby onions » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:56 am

newp. i stand by my review: it's a terrible model. it looks more like a chinese junk style ship than the black pearl.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby buriedbybricks » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:39 am

I think it got exactly what it deserves.
'Resistance is Futile. We will add your Bricks and Minifigures to our own. Your Bothans will adapt to service us."
"I AM the Law!" Image >> [email protected] <<
buriedbybricks

Postby itchybreath » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:43 am

looks like an easy review that could've been made without the purchase. ahaha.
itchybreath

Postby jedicrippler » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:11 pm

Just a note, it's only $25 if you use the Disney coupon. Plus considering that the regular BD/DVD combo pack is only 2 discs & $23, a $2 difference for a bonus BD disc, Digital copy, the 3D copy (to future proof yourself) & the mini Pearl set is a pretty dang good deal.
jedicrippler

Postby ted @ndes » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:34 pm

Reading this frank and candid review made my day. :lol: Still cracking up. Thanks for keeping it real.
ted @ndes
Alpha Male

Return to Reviews