Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

TRON: Legacy Light Cycle Is The Next LEGO Ideas Set

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

TRON: Legacy Light Cycle Is The Next LEGO Ideas Set

Postby Staff » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:17 am

The TRON: Legacy Light Cycle by BrickBros UK is the next official LEGO Ideas set! It will be available in 2018 with price and launch date to be revealed at a later time.

If you want to read more about the brothers behind the set, Ideas did a short interview with them a little while ago after reaching 10k supporters.

The Ideas blog post also gave a special mention to Damien and Aiden MacRae's Surf Rescue project. Even though it was turned down as a set idea, the LEGO Group will be working with both of them on some special projects.

Congratulations to all!

Still need Voltron details...
---
Permalink: https://www.fbtb.net/lego-ideas/2017/11/28/tron-legacy-light-cycle-next-lego-ideas-set/
Staff

Re: TRON: Legacy Light Cycle Is The Next LEGO Ideas Set

Postby dWhisper » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:56 am

Oooooh, that will get me to actually buy a set again.

Funny thing is that I still have a MOC based on the old initial designs around that lightcycle from several years ago sitting on my little curio shelves.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby gomek » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:33 am

I would like to treat everyone to this thread and posting from July 2013. I made it right after the Back to the Future set came out. I was told the licenses I wanted were too niche and it would never happen. With Tron, my entire wishlist will be complete!

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9542&start=20

gomek wrote:My biggest hope for this set is that it will be wildly successful and lead to licensing of other classic properties like Ghostbusters, Tron, Beetlejuice, ET, etc. Personally I would get this set just to support that push.

A while back I commented that Lego should pursue more classic properties rather than fly by night franchises. A lot of people disagreed, arguing that the Movie of the week would have more appeal to Kids. I disagreed saying that my kids are much more likely to watch my old DVDs which are accessible to them, or old movies on TV, rather than a theatrical release which I may, or more likely may not, take them to see.

So along comes the Back to the Future set and the Lone Ranger. It's hard to measure their success because one has many sets and a large distribution and the other one set with limited distribution. That being said, my money is on Back to the Future to be the more "successful".

... and I really do need a Ghostbuster set in the worst way. Please Lego, take a pass on the next Will Smith dud and make it happen!
gomek

Postby Flynn » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:54 pm

A shame I'm not into the Legacy aesthetic at all, otherwise a TRON set would be right up my alley.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Return to Licensed Themes