Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Next Two LEGO Ideas Sets: Ship in a Bottle and Voltron

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Next Two LEGO Ideas Sets: Ship in a Bottle and Voltron

Postby Staff » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:26 pm

I have little to add... not especially interested in either of these. I watched Voltron as a kid in the 80s... and it was fine. Not one of my favorites, I was far more of a Thundercats and GI Joe sort of kid (or Duck Tales... I loooooooooved Duck Tales). The ship in the bottle is technically interesting, but for both I'll reserve judgement until we see the final models.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2017/08/03/next-two-lego-ideas-sets-ship-in-a-bottle-and-voltron/
Staff

Re: Next Two LEGO Ideas Sets: Ship in a Bottle and Voltron

Postby Blacknight » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:08 am

But hey. There's more.

CONGRATULATIONS JACOB AND LEANDRO!!!!!!!

This lady's like an uncanny valley animatronic that's come to life and taken over the theme park.

But anyway, yeah. Voltron's pretty awesome.
Blacknight

Postby robkubasko » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:55 pm

Loved Voltron as a kid but am really surprised they couldn't do both this and The Iron Giant. Figured the Giant set was a given knowing the love for the movie... plus why wouldn't Warner Brothers want to have some sort of deal with Lego even for a one off?

And agreed on the ship in a bottle... I wonder if they're not thinking people will buy more than one to put other models in the bottle? Ideas is on a roll though... the Saturn V is perhaps one of the best Lego sets I have ever put together so bravo to the designers!
robkubasko

Postby jjh » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:34 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing how they pull off Voltron. I'd love to see minifigs of the Voltron pilots/paladins.
jjh

Postby MyrmidonX » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:30 am

Need. Ducktales. Sets...
MyrmidonX

Return to Licensed Themes